X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy Fieri from the Food Network invades DCA Food & Wine Festival

Hi Guys,
    Didn't know if there was a seperate area for Food & Wine reports so i figured this is a good place for it.

So Saturday 4/26, Grumpibell and I made a special trip to DCA to watch the culinary demo with Guy Fieri. We are both HUGE Food Network fans and we love all of his shows on the Food Network.
    So here are some pics from the day! Enjoy!

Grumpibell and I waiting in line

Promo sign

demo tables waiting for hungry Food Network star-struck folks

We're almost in!!! YAY!!! Btw, we are SOOO excited at this point

Gary Minetti introducing Guy

Assistant chefs and Cletus preparing for Guy

Guy Fieri waiting patiently to go on stage! We got really great seats to see this close

Guy doin his magic!

Giant jumbalaya sandwich! That's sooo money!

Afterwards we got photos/autographs

All in all a great time. The food was amazing, there was lots of shade and although it was very hot, the kitchen staff kept us well supplied with lots of complimentary bottled water!

Hope you enjoyed! Thanks
    Last edited by CinderellaPrincess; 04-29-2008, 08:26 PM. Reason: spelling
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

Re: Guy Fieri from the Food Network invades DCA Food & Wine Festival

I loooove Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives!!! LOL. Guy Fieri is awesome. That Jambalaya sandwich looks scrumptious...

Comment

Yeah he is a really great guy! Very personable and totally appreciates all of his fans!
      The sandwich is the one he made during the demo. He gave it to a few marines in the audience and they didn't touch it so we used it for pictur-tunities! hehehhehehehe
      A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

Comment

I have 2 words for you: AWE-SOME.

Comment

Great pix!!

Comment

Ok seriously...this is getting irritating! How am I almost NEVER at the parks when someone I admire is there! Co'mon!

Great pictures, looks like a ton of fun!
            "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Another Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives fan here (I watch every Monday... when I remember). That is so cool you got to meet Guy. He seems really cool.

Comment

Great pictures! Looks like you had fun! We saw him on Saturday and Sunday. He was walking around with a plaid on Sunday with his family. Seems like a down to earth guy.

Thanks for sharing!!!
                *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

Comment

Awesome pictures. Another Drive Ins, Diners and Dives fan here, I love Guy!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I think Guy is a great asset to Food Network. I'm glad to see some pictures from his demo. It's nice to hear that he is as nice as he seems on TV. Thanks for sharing.
                    sigpic

Comment

Guy really is a cool cat. He started out up here in Santa Rosa with a small chain (two restaurants) called "Johnny Garlic's". Then he opened "Tex Wasabi's"...a mix of Tex-Mex with sushi. Actually really good. I've met him a few times both before his bout of fame and afterwards. He's always seemed genuinely nice and very funny. I'm glad to see him doing so well. The local papers up here were really following him when he was in the Food Network competition.

Comment

That's cool you got to meet Guy Fieri. That's a good picture of you all with him.
                        sigpic
                        Home away from Home.

Comment

Awesome. I never turn one of Guy's shows on Food Network. Great guy.

Comment

That sandwich looked awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Legally Brunette View Post
                              That sandwich looked awesome!
                              I agree. Who would have ever thought to make a jambalaya sandwich? Brilliant!

And thanks for the trip report and photos. I wish I could have made it there for his demonstration. So I lived vicariously through your trip report. And Guy seems like a cool cat.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X