This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland Memories

When I was not more than 4, my father had bought me a small chocolate ice cream cone. As he went to go buy me a personalized Donald hat, my mom and her two friends sat by my stroller as I ate my ice cream. Soon, the "Disneyland is closing" announcement came on, and I started crying. I was so mad I threw my ice cream on the ground. Then, I wanted a new one, but my parents said no.

What memories do you have of the park that are engraved in your life forever?

Re: Disneyland Memories

Ok - This is not my memory, but my husband insists that there are horses at Disneyland - back in Frontierland. Can anyone corroborate this for him? I say he is not remembering correctly.

Comment

I have thought of my own memory. My earliest memories of Disneyland were screaming in Haunted Mansion as a small child. I did not return for more than 25 years. My husband and I took our children in 2000 and are hooked. My favorite memory from 2000 was when my youngest son, who was 3 at the time, rode IASW and was in awe. He had to go on it again and again. IASW is something special when viewed through a 3 year olds eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Deedlebug View Post
        Ok - This is not my memory, but my husband insists that there are horses at Disneyland - back in Frontierland. Can anyone corroborate this for him? I say he is not remembering correctly.
        Disneyland has carriges lead by horses, I'm really not too clear on what you're asking...sorry!
        "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I think at one point there were horses back in the petting zoo area of Frontierland. There might still be...? Other then that, there haven't been horses in Frontierland in a long time.

Facebook me!
          Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

OH MAN!!!!!! I did not even think about the carriages. I was strictly thinking Frontierland. Now I have to tell him he was right and I was wrong. I don't like it when that happens.

Comment

Goofy walking me out of the park one time when I was little...

Comment

I remember the donkey or mule ride through the desert. Tottering rocks, skunks and snakes. It was sooooooooooooo cool!

But the best memory is when my daughter was 3 and first met Mickey Mouse. It was magic.

Comment

Everything! :P Especially going on Haunted Mansion for the first time than I was a big boy

Actually my best memory was going on Indiana Jones when it first opened! I was 6 years old and I barely made it on the ride standing on my tippy toes and we think the person just let it slide :P they wont do that now dumb lawers. It was so crowded that we didint even get any of those cards but it was sooooo fun oh Indiana why can't you have the REAL line back?!
                  Last edited by Magus; 04-29-2008, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X