Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The zillions of pennies in the pool of water next to Thunder Mountain & it's queue?..

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The zillions of pennies in the pool of water next to Thunder Mountain & it's queue?..

Always wondered how all those pennies got there. Is that all from normal people just throwing them in or did Disney dump some in?

Do they ever clean it out?

How long has it been this way?

Re: The zillions of pennies in the pool of water next to Thunder Mountain & it's queu

They're all period-correct, placed there by the Imagineers.

I kid, I kid. I'm not sure what the story is, but it bugs me a bit.

Comment

Re: The zillions of pennies in the pool of water next to Thunder Mountain & it's queu

I've sure thrown my fair share in there over the years.
      Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
        They're all period-correct, placed there by the Imagineers.

I kid, I kid. I'm not sure what the story is, but it bugs me a bit.
        lol it would be funny though, if they were all period correct by being 1979 pennies...

Comment

They're all guest contributed. During refurbs, the change is collected and donated to charity.

Comment

"Monkey see, Monkey do..."

Comment

I was looking at the IASW waterways the other day. They usually have a number of pennies in there but not as much as others. Anyway, I saw that they have cleaned out the bottom of pennies and other coins. I've heard that in the early days of the park when they cleaned out the change from waterways like this it would be donated to the local 4H clubs. I'm not sure who receives it now but I'm assuming there's probably a couple different charities that receive donations from this.

Comment

Every time I ride BTMRR I throw in pennies
                Har har har

Comment

It never surprises me to see coins collecting in any body of water. People just do it. That's a genuinely ancient superstition, going back to Greek and Roman times.

This one, though, is truly bizarre:

"My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

......... .....May April March!.....................

Comment

Yeah, I always wondered about the pennies in Snow White ...

Comment

Originally posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
                      Yeah, I always wondered about the pennies in Snow White ...
                      thou shalt deposit pennies here or teh ride e-stops

Comment

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
                        They're all guest contributed. During refurbs, the change is collected and donated to charity.
                        I asked the CMs at Dumbo one time, years ago, and they told me The United Way, specifically. Don't know if that is still true today though.
                        A signature should go here.

Comment

Water I'm flexible with, but they should collect the coins in Snow White before it gets that bad! Bad show in my CM opinion. Show before efficency.
                          Always follow your dreams...sigpic

Comment

Another body of water that has truly made a large profit is the waterway infront of the Warf. I've never seen so many coins in my life.

Comment

It's bad show, but it's one problem that should pay for itself. Just let the CMs who cleans it keep the money.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X