Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time Magazine Mentions the Outcry against the Alterations to "it's a small world"

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Magazine Mentions the Outcry against the Alterations to "it's a small world"

"'Everybody is so precious about what we do,' Lanzisero objects."

http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...736906,00.html

Re: Time Magazine Mentions the Outcry against the Alterations to "it's a small world"

Well, like anything in DL It's probably gonna change eventually.

Comment

Re: Time Magazine Mentions the Outcry against the Alterations to "it's a small world"

So there you have it, boys and girls. Change not for the sake of improvement or enhancement, but change merely for the sake of change, to relieve boredom.
      "My mental facilities are twice what yours are, pea brain!"

The conversation continues at Long-Forgotten, the blog.

......... .....May April March!.....................

Comment

According to Joe Lanzisero, creative senior vice president of Disney's "Imagineering" division, the ride is as relevant as ever. "This is such a universal theme — seeing the world through the innocent eyes of children. Could you think of another time in history where that message is more needed?" he says. "It's a message that's timeless, and it's a message that's now. It needs to be heard."
        WTF mate? I thought the attraction had become irrelevant? A little consistency would be nice.

I wonder who Disney is going send out to speak against the lies being propagated by Time.
        The company's answer to the challenge of updating and translating "It's a Small World" appears to lie in improved special effects and cross-promotional branding

Comment

Disney management treats everyone like an idiot. And, they seem to believe it wise to insult consumers.

At this point, Disney has lost so much goodwill that I don't know of a single person who expresses an affinity for the company. It's as soulless as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
            At this point, Disney has lost so much goodwill that I don't know of a single person who expresses an affinity for the company. It's as soulless as ever.
            There are plenty who believe Disney can do no wrong. Step in line and Disney will pander.

Comment

Wow, that's pretty patronizing. I hope I'm taking that the wrong way, maybe I am, it can be easy to misunderstand someone in a brief quote like that. If he means what I think, it certainly lowers my level of respect for him. Imagineers should be greatful that people care about what they do for a living enough to talk about it. That's the kind of respect for the customer that Walt had, and has been totally lost to the modern WDC.
              The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with childrens toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You knowthe Mickey in us.
              -Walt Disney

Comment

How can one respect those who gobble up whatever distasteful pablum you choose to offer, and ask for more? I don't blame them for not respecting the public's wishes OR opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                  WTF mate? I thought the attraction had become irrelevant? A little consistency would be nice.

I wonder who Disney is going send out to speak against the lies being propagated by Time.
                  But kids today see the world in a more commercialized Disneyized way!

They expect to see Snow White in Germany and Mulan in China. What else is there in China besides Mulan?

Comment

Swabie-
                    Is that how you account for the massive crowds at DCA?
                    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with childrens toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You knowthe Mickey in us.
                    -Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                      How can one respect those who gobble up whatever distasteful pablum you choose to offer, and ask for more? I don't blame them for not respecting the public's wishes OR opinions.
                      I can't believe what I'm hearing from some people.

Comment

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
                        Disney management treats everyone like an idiot. And, they seem to believe it wise to insult consumers.

thats what cooperations do these days. Some basically lie to consumers. Im not suprised by cooperations these days.

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                          But kids today see the world in a more commercialized Disneyized way!

They expect to see Snow White in Germany and Mulan in China. What else is there in China besides Mulan?
                          May I see where you got this research?

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf View Post
                            I can't believe what I'm hearing from some people.
                            Reading.

This is a reasonable explanation for the behavior you see in the article--did you even read it?

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
                              Swabie-
                              Is that how you account for the massive crowds at DCA?
                              How else would you explain the attitude displayed in the article, then? According to DIS, DCA is a success even without the new additions.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X