This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fantasmic show failure (twice)

Dragon for some reason isn't coming out of his pit for the saturday show. both times, 2100 and 2230, it never came out leaving the tall witch quite confused on how to act that part out.

Might happen again tonight, not too sure if it will...

Re: fantasmic show failure (twice)

That is the pits

Comment

Mickey batteling the tall witch instead of the dragon is rehearsed alternative in case the dragon fails. As far as it happening again tonight, I would be suprised unless there is a mechanical problem that will take a few days to repair, and they want to make it thru the weekend first. If it was a problem that was not easily fixable after the first show, they probably went on without the dragon, and hopefully fixed it overnight.

I'm going tonight, ao hopefully its been fixed!
      ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

Comment

That stinks. Hope it starts functioning soon. There's supposed to be a new dragon by 2009, right?
        sigpic
        Home away from Home.

Comment

Originally posted by Club 33 Mike View Post
          Mickey batteling the tall witch instead of the dragon is rehearsed alternative in case the dragon fails. As far as it happening again tonight, I would be suprised unless there is a mechanical problem that will take a few days to repair, and they want to make it thru the weekend first. If it was a problem that was not easily fixable after the first show, they probably went on without the dragon, and hopefully fixed it overnight.

I'm going tonight, ao hopefully its been fixed!
          the witch in the first show seemed confused at the failure that happened, wasn't seamless with the acting. I don't mind, was neat seeing a failure imho.

the croc was out for repairs or something, so they tethered the boat sans the croc to the columbia for a couple of weeks iirc, was odd to say the least probably union requirements

Comment

Maybe the mechanical devices are staging a Work Action.

What's their local ?

Comment

It happens... it will get fixed, the world will once again right itself.

Comment

And just to be a stickler for detail, the Dragon is a She not a He. It is Maleficent who transforms into the Dragon!

I have been there lots of times when the Dragon has failed to come on stage and they do have an alternate version so that Mickey duels Maleficent who is 80 feet in the air on top of the pillar. Not as exiting as the Dragon, but at least they have something planned for just about anything that can go wrong.

And no, there will not be a "new" Dragon in 2009, just new trappings to make the body look fuller and hide the metal work underneath because the new lighting does show too much of the metal work now.
                Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

How interesting!

I'm always fascinated by any kind of mechanical failure at Disneyland, seeing how people make the magic only makes it more magical for me.

But I agree that making the body of the dragon look fuller is needed, it looks a bit like a head on a stick right now.

Comment

hmm...I'm supposed 2 go on Friday...I'm sure it'll b working again by then...i hope!

Comment

I remember a long time ago the dragon frozed a bit on stage like it had no movement. It was kind of wried but the show kept on.

Comment

I was there friday night and I too noticed no dragon for the 1030 show.

Comment

ANy dragon tonight?
                          If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

I don't know about the dragon, but the fireworks have been canceled tonight.

Comment

how come?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X