This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nemo's Tribute to the ol' Subs

Does the Nemo ride pay a tribute to the subs inside the attraction?

Re: Nemo's Tribute to the ol' Subs

Yeah, in a lot of places.

Especially at the end where you can see a Sea Serpent and Mermaids in the rock structures where they used to be originally.

Comment

Also in the commentary at the end, something along the lines of "Let's get going before we something really crazy like a Sea Monster, or some Mermaids!"

Comment

The shipwrecks were in the original.

And the grouper at the beginning is very nostalgic.
        How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
        :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

The serpent is noticable, but the mermaid is abstract.

Comment

It goes beyond being an homage to the original, it's more as if Nemo is a remix.

There are innumerable references to the original. Sometimes as direct quotations: "Through our sonar hydrophones we can actually hear the fish talk," or as simply as recycled iconic sound effects from the original soundtrack.
            Zoe Necrosis
            Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

Comment

Does anyone have a clear pic of the serpent/mermaids?
              I've only managed to get on the attraction once and even though I was watching out for them at the end I didn't catch them (and I've never seen a clear shot)

Comment

Hello? the subs themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
                  Hello? the subs themselves?
                  I'm thinking the OP meant besides that...

How about the infamous pipe with the notation "TL59," the year that the original subs opened.
                  The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

The dialogue in the beginning as you're leaving the port is pretty much taken straight from the original attraction. things like "ship rigged for getting underway" sounds like it's so australian but it was the original dialogue. There's also taking the sub down to 8 0 phathoms which is then followed by using the hydrophones to actually hear the fish talk.. only the former "rrwaweaaww" sounds are suddenly interrupted by a clown fish looking for his son

Comment

When you feel like youre diving under and the famous bubbles fly by those windows!
                      Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
                      sigpic

Comment

You know, I've often wondered whether Nemo Subs were planned before the movie so that they could pay a tribute to Captain Nemo from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
                        The daydream princess

Comment

Originally posted by roxystar68 View Post
                          You know, I've often wondered whether Nemo Subs were planned before the movie so that they could pay a tribute to Captain Nemo from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
                          In a word, no.
                          The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

In the scene with Nemo & Squirt at the beginning, then Marlin says: "Oh no, lost again... NEMO!" then the next dialouge from the 1st mate says: "Captain, we're approaching the EAC". Depending on how your helmsman is driving sounds like "Captain Nemo".

It's probably not an offical tribute, but I thought that was kinda neat.

The mermaid appears before the sea serpent does. Her hair is made of seaweed.

Another tribute is the "deep sea volcano" scene.

The sea bass in the lagoon I believe is from the original. Most people mistake it as a shark.

The lost city scene in the lagoon is a tribute to the lost city of atlantis scene from the original.

Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
                            And the grouper at the beginning is very nostalgic.
                            How so? Just the fact they are there?
                            Last edited by filmfreak11; 05-06-2008, 09:26 AM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                            -Jurassic Park

Comment

The dialogue and spiel in the beginning is very much like the Original
                              There is a Sea Serpant and Mermaid "hidden" in the attraction as well
                              The shipwreck in the beginning

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X