Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Overdue Trip Report from April 19

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdue Trip Report from April 19

So, I recently was given an old Nikon film SLR (Aperture Priority, not fully manual) with a few lenses. Shortly thereafter, my wife got a promotion and we celebrated the only way we know how- we went to Disneyland! I took along the camera to practice for when I upgrade to a Digital SLR.
    Why so long before the update? Well, I took the film to the local drugstore and, for some reason, they only printed half the pictures. Strangely enough, several of my pictures were underexposed (I tried my hand at ride photography, but the camera just wasn't quite up to the task) but I got all of those back and didn't get several very nice shots printed. So, I had to take the negatives to a real camera shop and have them redone. Anyway, enough jibber jabber, on with the pics!

Started out on Space Mountain.

Stopped by the carousel to see Jingles' new decorations.

Ladies and gentlemen, the world famous...Back Side of Castle!

A couple of ride shots from Toad that almost turned out. I think that blue streak is a defect in the lens. I had to crop it out of a lot of picture taken at f1.8.

We stopped in Frontierland, where Big Thunder was just getting going. This is one of my favorite pictures I've ever taken.

Then it was lunch time. Can you believe I'd never set foot in the Golden Horseshoe before? I think maybe it's because I'm from the South and I know too many hillbillies/rednecks to find hillbilly/redneck humor anything but grating.

The best on-ride shot I could get on any ride (I had to crop that blue streak out).

No trip is complete without the Mansion.

Having pretty much done all of the big ticket attractions, we went over to California Adventure to wait out the crowds a bit. Food & Wine was in full swing and we were looking to celebrate!

We went to the Sparkling Bar at the Wine Country Trattoria. My wife had the chardonnay flight and I had the sparkling flight and we split a cheese sampler. It was FANTASTIC. I wish I remembered what the cheeses and their pairings were. A very nice, leisurely break in our day.

We made our first trip in the Sunwheel, opting for the stationary cars. This was about as close to Golden Dreams as we were willing to get.

Favorite thing overheard at DCA (outside of Soarin'):
    SON: Dad, when can we go back to Disneyland?
    DAD: We're at Disneyland!
    SON: I mean the real Disneyland!

I was running low on film and since the camera didn't have a flash or light of any kind, I had to save my pictures. A little later we headed back to
    the main park for the rest of the night. These last two shots I'm very proud of. I don't think they need a description:

That's all I've got! As someone who's never taken a photography class or anything of the sort, I really enjoyed having more control over my pictures. I can't wait until I can get a DSLR. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Hope you've all enjoyed it!
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

Re: Overdue Trip Report from April 19

Very nice job on your trip report. Thanks for sharing!!! And it's NEVER too late for a DL trip report

Comment

Great report Dante. I loved the Dad/son conversation. Classic!

Comment

Great Trip Report. You took some fun pictures.

Comment

very good photos there.

Comment

Advice: keep taking more pictures!

Lovely report.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Comment

I love the "classic" look of these photos.

35MM is great stuff!

Thanks for posting!
              How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
              :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

I luv it when people include pics! Thanks!
                Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
                sigpic

Comment

Great trip report. LOVE that Matterhorn picture!

Comment

several great pictures!
                    I liked the carousel detail pic!

Comment

Very nice TR. I like the "classic" look of these pics too. Nice work!
                      sigpic
                      Home away from Home.

Comment

Great pics
                        They remind me to take my camera and take more pics next time!

Lynda

Comment

Very nice--and some beautiful shots in there too. That blue and white you're getting in some of your pictures might be from light leaking in through the film-compartment door. The seals on those are usually foam-rubber which can deteriorate with age. Your local camera-repair shop should be able to replace those and give it a good cleanup.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X