This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parade breakdowns

Reading about what happen to the Pixar Play Parade in another thread has got me to ask this question. Which Parade or Parades have u seen breakdown and been tow. If you have pictures of them that be as good as well. For me I have seen 2 so far. Both of them from last year I have taken one of them the other is on a viedo that I can't figure how to load on here. Both of theses breakdowns are from my favorite parade. Parade Of Dreams. The first one is the Pinocchio Float right on the side of the castle going back to Small World.

Here is that picture.

The other was the Ursula Float in Main Street also going to Small World. This float broke a water pipe or something inside were the back of Ursula tangles are at. One of the workers there open it up and water was going every where. I got part of this at the end on viedo. So what Parade and Float have you seen broke down.

Re: Parade breakdowns

it also happen at christmas time too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
      it also happen at christmas time too.
      I bet it does. That parade is ancient. Surprised that it doesn't turn to dust in the wind. I remember when Cynthia Harris announced that it was going to be replaced. Only they cut the budget and kept it. She's been gone for a long time now, but the parade is still there.

It isn't a bad parade, but it would be nice to see something a little fresher.

-Dusty
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

I've seen several float breakdowns through the years, but none recently. The float chassis are complicated little beasties with lots of batteries and hydraulic pumps and hydraulic wheel motors, lots of piping and wiring...

There's a reason there are one or two tow tractors and drivers on standby during all parades, so they can get out there fast when needed.

The Ursula float leak you saw probably wasn't a water line, but a hydraulic fluid line. They do make hydraulic systems for food plants that run with water as the operating fluid, so a leak doesn't make thenm throw out a whole batch of contaminated food. But making all the components corrosion resistant is really expensive.

They came up with a non-flammable "Skydrol" hydraulic fluid for passenger jet controls, but it is very expensive and very corrosive - even worse than water. The usual "safer" option for hydraulics is to use some sort of vegetable oil so it's bio-degradable if it leaks.

--<< Bruce >>--
        There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Aha! I DO have a photo for this one!

Yah, sorry girls. No matter how graceful your dancing is, it doesn't tear my eyes away from the big tow car dragging the float.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Comment

I thought I remember seeing a float being tractored in Christmas Fantasy last December (after a delay of several minutes) but it may have been in POD. Couldn't find a shot of it in my collection of pictures though.

Some lesser anomalies offhand:
            No showstoppers at all in second POD once last March or April, due to a long delay
            No Boo or CDAs in PPP a couple weeks ago

Comment

Originally posted by HighLeveller View Post
              I thought I remember seeing a float being tractored in Christmas Fantasy last December (after a delay of several minutes) but it may have been in POD. Couldn't find a shot of it in my collection of pictures though.
              Yes, it was on Christmas Day by the Matterhorn. That was a fun day.

Comment

Christmas parade had to be towed quite a bit, mainly due to rain. The floats lose all traction when the ground is even mildly wet and then get stuck at the Fantasyland hill by Matterhorn. So if its raining and there arent any crossovers during that parade, its because the floats need to go as fast as they can the entire route and maintain speed to clear the hill. Its pretty funny when they dont though.

Comment

I've never seen a parade break down!
                  Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." -Walt Disney
                  sigpic

Comment

I love hearing that triumphant music, and here comes around the corner is Tinkerbell..and, a little white truck with an angry looking man in it?

Comment

Seen it happen quite a few times... especially during Christmas as someone mentioned previously. The most memorable would have to be during POD though.

Once when Geppettos arm broke off and just hung there limply because the french marionette was a bit too exuberant with her strings (the float was brought back to the IASW gate since it was during the first show stop), and another when Geppettos upper half completely doubled over and was out for the second parade.

The last one (which turned out to be the one night that week I didn't work the route though I heard first hand accounts from fellow CM's and the mermaid herself), when Ariels float went 904 - read: danger of becoming fried fish sticks- and she was forced to de-fin into her human form and climb down, before high-tailing it into the Maintenance area near the restrooms on Matterhorn Way.

Comment

Sorry that this may sound odd but what is a 904?

I have always wonder how they get Ariel on top of that float when she is in mermaid form?

Comment

904 is fire.

And they get her up there, along with most all of the characters in the parade that are on a platform, with a little bit of pixie dust.

Its actually quite amazing to see.

Comment

Originally posted by JustALittleChange View Post
                            The last one (which turned out to be the one night that week I didn't work the route though I heard first hand accounts from fellow CM's and the mermaid herself), when Ariels float went 904 - read: danger of becoming fried fish sticks- and she was forced to de-fin into her human form and climb down, before high-tailing it into the Maintenance area near the restrooms on Matterhorn Way.
                            I heard about that night as well. What I couldn't believe is it was said that parents actually complained about that event because Ariel removing her fin was such bad show. I'm sorry but when smoke is billowing out of the float and this girl's very safety is at risk, I think it's important that she get off as soon as possible. To hell with "bad show."

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Comment

Yeah, at that point, bad show can take a running leap off a cliff for all I care, safety first.

I have never seen a parade go down before. I have seen old video an MSEP float being tugged, but never for myself.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X