Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would we all be doing, if there were no Disneyland?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would we all be doing, if there were no Disneyland?

Disneyland is a place we go for fun. It is an emotional outlet for some.
    Some of us are accused of being obsessed with it. What if Walt Disney had not built the place? What if Walt Disney did not come up with the idea? What if he just had his mouse, his movies, maybe even his television endeavors. What if there were no Disneyland? What would we all be doing?

I am not asking this question, in order to encite a riot, I love The Disney Parks. Wonder what I would be doing, if they wern't around, and how my life would be so different. Walt Disney had a big influence on all us MiceChatters. So what would we all be doing, if there was no Disneyland?
    BarbaraAnn

Re: What would we all be doing, if there were no Disneyland?

Well, it's impossible to say, really.

I do know that I wouldn't be posting on a message board called MiceChat.

Comment

Our family would be spending our vacation budget all over the place, I suspect, instead of concentrating it on the Anaheim area.

We're already talking about making our trips more infrequent as a family.....we're ready to explore other family-friendly destinations.

:ap: Just when I've gotten an AP again. Of course. :ap:

Comment

I'd probably be obsessing more on roller coasters. I'm going to go to Cedar Point at least Once in my life - but it's So hard to turn down a Disney Trip!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

We spent alot of time at Disney properties when my son was smaller. But agreed as a family to visit Disney less often and see many other destinations. We have a goal to visit as many national parks as we can and we're off to Hawaii and Alaska next year. So, we'd probably be further along on our other adventures.

Comment

I would be talking about cypress gardens and Busch Gardens... featuring it's world calss brewry... and little theming.. (someone else would have come up with theme eventually..)

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986
              (someone else would have come up with theme eventually..)
              I'm sure someone would have. Somewhere, someplace a themed park would have eventually taken hold, but there's no way to judge how it would have compared to Walt's vision. We could have had Gatesland where instead of a ride going 101 it would have gone blue screen.

As for what I would be doing, that is hard to say. I'm sure I would have (along with many others) found another good family based company to turn to. Although I can think of none now, I'm sure in a non-Disney world someone else (PBS, Nickelodeon, etc.) would exist.

Interesting idea, I just mentioned something similiar in another post about the number of Disneyland Anonymous shops that would pop up in So. Cal. if DL were to close.

Thanks,
              DLandFansAZ
              Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

I would be in my room, alone, and crying from being so homesick. DL has become the place I go to get away from everything and the only place that feels like home since moving to CA for school. I suppose it's because of all the memories I have of my family there, and well, it's magical! You don't feel so alone when you walk down the same Main Street that your mom and dad walked on when they were young...not to mention Walt himself. No matter what kind of day I've had, I can feel at home in Disneyland.
                "Then the heart of Eowyn changed, or else at last she understood it."
                ~The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien

Looking for Faramir... :unsure:

Comment

I'd probably be posting on Knott'sChat.
                  sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

or CedarBoard... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann

Disneyland is a place we go for fun. It is an emotional outlet for some.
                      Some of us are accused of being obsessed with it. What if Walt Disney had not built the place? What if Walt Disney did not come up with the idea? What if he just had his mouse, his movies, maybe even his television endeavors. What if there were no Disneyland? What would we all be doing?

I am not asking this question, in order to encite a riot, I love The Disney Parks. Wonder what I would be doing, if they wern't around, and how my life would be so different. Walt Disney had a big influence on all us MiceChatters. So what would we all be doing, if there was no Disneyland?
                      I'd be at DCA. :ap:

I 'm not really sure what I'd be doing. I'd probably just find something else to do when I'm not at DLR. Like Six Flags.

Comment

Originally posted by Barbaraann

Oh no!
                        I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
                        That explains the trouble that I'm always in...
                        sigpic

Comment

I'd be dead by now... okay no but I probably would be kinda very depressed. Disney and Disneyland are my Prozac. :ap:
                          I have a dream
                          A song to sing
                          To help me cope
                          Trough everything

If you see the wonder
                          of a FairyTale
                          You can take the future
                          even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
                          Something good in everything I see
                          I believe in Angels
                          When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

Comment

Good question...

Im not sure what I would be doing but I would probally still be living in the Bay Area.
                            Im so glad thats not the reality !!
                            Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
                            http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

Comment

I'd have no reason to live

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X