This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Push, the churro loving trashcan

My son and I were just leaving the Totem Ceremony at DCA and on our way to get a lemonade slushie when we came across a talking trash can named "Push" tooling around the crowd across from the restrooms. This was adorable! My son was completely charmed - not any easy thing with a 9 year old boy! Push was quick with the one-liners and actively hunted down churros, slushies, and other goodies from the gathering crowd. When the more aggressive children began banging on him (not my son of course), Push enlisted several larger children as body guards. I was so enthralled that it took me a good 10 minutes to locate the discreet CM with the mic in his hand voicing the robot. The trashcan greeted birthday kids by their name and wished them a happy b-day and wondered at strollers filled with purses "Ma'am!! You've lost your baby!" Even when my son finally uncovered how it was done, he was still thrilled. This was the highlight of our day. Is it a Wall-E promo or a new feature we have just missed before? Does anyone know about this? I would love to make it a regular feature of our park visits.

Re: Push, the churro loving trashcan

You talk about this guy (push)

There is no set time that Push come out. last One or Two years over DCA and I think before Two or Three years at DL.

No Push is not part of a E-Wall promo for the movies.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day o 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

Comment

Push the talking trash can has been around in the parks for a number of years now.

He used to hang about Tomorrowland, but now he's in DCA

Comment

I've only been lucky enough to encounter Push a couple of times and I've never been able to spot his "handler." Thats pretty amazing that you were able to spot them!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
          I've only been lucky enough to encounter Push a couple of times and I've never been able to spot his "handler." Thats pretty amazing that you were able to spot them!!
          for some reason I alway spot the handler really quickly.

Comment

Glad to hear its a regular feature - it was a blast.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=5dTncUnvUHc
              Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post

Yea, its not so hard to spot the guy with a messenger bag talking into the mic whenever push says something....

Comment

You mean it's not a MAGICAL talking trashcan? OMG! My childhood was a lie.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                    :lol: I guess I didn't really look hard enough or the times I saw Push it was really crowded and the handler blended in with the crowd really well!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I actually try not to look for the handler. It's more fun that way just talking to Push.

I always think its hilarious when Push asks for a hug. I don't think there's another trashcan in the world who is so sweet and charming that kids will actually hug him.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Comment

I call him Trashy he hangs out with Walt Disney at night with I.M. Mortal as a Ghost

Comment

I love watching kids interact with Push!

What I can't figure out is why they don't just have his "friend" talking into a fake cell phone. That would be totally common place, but talking into a little microphone in your fist is obvious!!

Anyway, I still love him. He's one of those special little touches that make Disney a cut above.

Comment

Originally posted by littlecricket View Post
                            I always think its hilarious when Push asks for a hug. I don't think there's another trashcan in the world who is so sweet and charming that kids will actually hug him.

I think the exact same thing. Any other trashcan would get no hugs. Push however always gets hugs! Must be that voice.

Oh, he's also the only trash can that will ever be called adorable.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Comment

Ha! I love PUSH!
                              sigpic
                              Home away from Home.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X