This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Attractions

Where at Disneyland would you want to work if Attractions and Entertainment weren't options?

This is a question that just recently came up.

AttractionsCostumingCustodialFirefighterFood OperationsGuest RelationsGuest ServicesHotel Operations
    NursesResort Transportation and ParkingSecurityStores (retail)Walt Disney Travel Reservationist

The ones in blue are open.

Re: No Attractions

Custodial
    Visit

Click the Banner

Comment

Originally posted by Sorvian View Post
      Custodial
      Any reason why? I do hear that get to be all over Disneyland.

Comment

Custodial know more about whatever is going on backstage and in the Parks and what new attractions are going to be than most others that work there. Get to know a few, talk to them and you will find a deep well of knowledge.
        Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Hotel Operations! That would be my dream job! I love Disney resorts and to work in a aesthetically apeasing place as that would be incredibele.

Comment

I would say security. Security gets to go all over the park on stage and off. Pluse, no cleaning of bathroom or kitchen floors!

With security, you might get 3rd shift (midnight to 8:30) or some other strange shift hours. Might have to deal with shop lifters and other problematic people. That's the trade off. On 3rd shift, there are less guest problems, but more technical issues and just working the strange hours. With security, you might spend the whole shift backstage at Harbor House (is that still there?) or one of the other CM entrances. But then again, you might be in the park onstage.
            Jeff made me famous!
            From the Mouth of the Mouse.

Comment

Probably Security. Keeping the resort safe is top priority, and I won't tolerate people screwing with the parks and doing idiotic things.

Comment

Custodial so i can steal the Jacket and pay the fine.

Micenation

Comment

Show Support, Or be a Bellhop at GCH.

Comment

Well being a plumber since I was 16 years old and I'm now 62 still doing it, I would have to say plumber.

Mike

Comment

Totally gardener! I'd love that job!

Comment

Firefighter -In reality, the Disneyland Fire Department (DFD) probably has one of the most trained, efficient and rigorous fire responses in the United States.

This is no small assignment, however, for a "protection district" as complex and varied as Disneyland. The park itself encompasses roughly 200 acres, including the backstage areas. There are almost 10,000 employees in the summer months, and on a busy day there may be over 60,000 visitors to the park. Due to the mechanization of all the attractions and animatronics that Disney is famous for, there are probably close to 20,000 electric motors on site, not to mention all of the wiring that goes with them. Many attractions, including the extravaganza "Fantasmic," include a host of pyrotechnic and laser effects, and there is an abundant supply of hazardous materials in all configurations that are used in the creation and maintenance of the attractions. There are 22 restaurants, and therefore 22 kitchens that need to be inspected on a regular basis. While it would seem that there would be very little for a firefighter to do at Disneyland, the DFD receives on the average of 1,100 "calls" annually, making for quite a busy operation.

Comment

Either Culinary, because I love to cook!!!! Or...VIP Tour guide! They know everything and all those famous people....lol I don't really care about the celebrities, I just want to spend a day with my favorite baseball players!

Comment

Originally posted by MHatter469 View Post
                            Firefighter -In reality, the Disneyland Fire Department (DFD) probably has one of the most trained, efficient and rigorous fire responses in the United States.

This is no small assignment, however, for a "protection district" as complex and varied as Disneyland. The park itself encompasses roughly 200 acres, including the backstage areas. There are almost 10,000 employees in the summer months, and on a busy day there may be over 60,000 visitors to the park. Due to the mechanization of all the attractions and animatronics that Disney is famous for, there are probably close to 20,000 electric motors on site, not to mention all of the wiring that goes with them. Many attractions, including the extravaganza "Fantasmic," include a host of pyrotechnic and laser effects, and there is an abundant supply of hazardous materials in all configurations that are used in the creation and maintenance of the attractions. There are 22 restaurants, and therefore 22 kitchens that need to be inspected on a regular basis. While it would seem that there would be very little for a firefighter to do at Disneyland, the DFD receives on the average of 1,100 "calls" annually, making for quite a busy operation.
                            All of which are reasons why most DFD firefighters are usually retired firefighters that have been doing it most of their life.

Comment

I'm surprised to see that they don't have a department for Telecommunications.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X