This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merchandise Typos

This weekend I saw two typos on park merchandise -- both were on items you can buy in the Disneyana shop. One was minor but the other seemed kind of major. I looked through old threads and hadn't seen this mentioned.

Is it me, or does this happen more often nowadays?

In case anyone wants to hunt for these I'll use spoiler tags.

The minor one is

Spoiler
    The Shag drink coaster set is produced "exlusively" for the Disneyland Resort.

Here is just a hint for the major one

Spoiler
    A character's name is misspelled on one of the sculpted figures for sale. And they've been selling this for a while.

Re: Merchandise Typos

Originally posted by Asterix
    The minor one is
    That same problem is on the Shag pin boxes. A typo on a pin and the card is the major reason why the pin quest was cancelled on Sunday. They've been plaqued with typos for some time now. Among other things, I have a commemorative plate and an AP that has typos in it.

Comment

They seriously need to hire better proofers for this stuff. I'd be glad to help! :searches for other things to do with an English major...:

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

Heck, in the Disney Gallery, you can see concept art for the E.P. Ripley, the "third" Disneyland train, added to the line in 1958!

(Actually, the E.P. Ripley was the second train, built in 1955. The Fred Gurley, No. 3, joined the line in 1958).

Now, this is supposed to be a museum, mind you! A museum of Disney art, put together by Disney "experts!"

Comment

Originally posted by Asterix
          The minor one is

Spoiler
          The Shag drink coaster set is produced "exlusively" for the Disneyland Resort.
          Is that the 50th one? I bought mine the day Shag was there and it's spelled correctly.
          Mike

Comment

I think that the Disney proofing and editing team needs to teach the folks in China, who produce the Disney stuff, a few lessons about the English language!
            :bang: :bang:

Comment

I'm bummed that nobody is guessing which typo I mean, but I suppose it's hard to guess if you don't actually go to the park and look.

The first hint was

Spoiler
              A character's name is misspelled on one of the sculpted figures for sale. And they've been selling this for a while.

Another hint is

Spoiler
              It's not the Lightning Bug figure--that was mentioned in an earlier thread. It's a character which you can find in Disneyland; you actually hear this character speak in Disneyland. The version for sale in Disneyana doesn't speak.

Comment

MSEPLightningBug has the right idea. It's more and more common to see typos on products from the far east - especially goods from China. I'm not suprised to see it happen on a pin card, but to misspell a character's name? It sounds like quality control has slipped up big time on that one.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

How about Charnobog? They've been misspelling his name since Fantasia came out! They always spell it "Chernabog", which is incorrect. "Chernobog" is the correct spelling...
                  Honor those who fall under the sword.
                  But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

Yup, good point, but that's not the one I mean.

Spoiler
                    It's a minor character but the name is spelled out in the park and it's definitely wrong on the figure.

I'll check back tomorrow and see if anyone got it...or if anyone really wants to know!...TTFN.

Comment

How about the fact that two songs have swapped places on the Official DLR CD. Disc 2 Track 11 is listed as Soarin' on the jewel box when it is in fact the theme to "Remember Dreams Come True". Soarin' moved to Track 12 and all the song listings for tracks 11-18 are incorrect on the jewel box. Track 19 is still correct.
                      :monkey: likes pizza :monkey: likes beer :monkey: likes Space Mountain

Comment

Um, yeah.
                        Why don't you just tell us?
                        Good morning, son
                        In twenty years from now
                        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                        And I can tell you 'bout today
                        And how I picked you up and everything changed
                        It was pain
                        Sunny days and rain
                        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Havn't these people used speel check? (LOL) This is what happens sometimes when you get stuff from over seas... what you need is somene to work and make sure everything is speeled right.. (LOL)

ok.. done misspeelling spell..

Comment

Okay, here it is.

Who the heck is Tangaroa-Ro? Is that Tangaroa-Ru's twin brother?

If anybody has the Tiki Room big fig I'm curious to hear if your statue has this same typo.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X