X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLAB Secrets

Hello,

Well I can't score anything at BLAB. I usually get 120k - 150k. Yes I keep Diamonds and Triangles as my priority. I also do as much as I can at zurg. Yes I get the targets in the tunnel. I even tried wearing mickey ears. However I never seem to get past level 4.

So can anyone share their tips?

Re: BLAB Secrets

Get as close as you can to the targets, even if that means leaning outside of the space ship.

Comment

Search is your friend; there are about 5 topics on this already.

1) Focus on close targets (diamonds/triangles)
      2) Get Zurg as much as you can
      3) In the last room there is a popup target right behind the apex of the turn; its a great point racker if you pop it up by shooting at the circle/box target first

I average about 400-500k like this..with a good zurg run 600-700; I rarely break 1mil.

Comment

Level 3 right here! :yea: Oh, wait...you mean the lower levels are worse?! Bah, even knowing that the diamonds and triangles are worth more, especially when lit, and even when trying to carefully note how to compensate for the gun's poor aim, I haven't managed to break 61,500 yet. Of course, I've only been on BLAB three or four times, so it's not as though I've had too many chances to practice, but still...come on! I've played video games in which the entire point is to shoot stuff, and I've even fired a number of real guns before, but BLAB always defeats me.
        Last edited by Datameister; 05-18-2008, 09:43 PM.

Comment

i average about 200k. gonna have to try these tips out
          PSN: ItsTheRocketeer
          Nintendo Network: ItsTheRocketeer
          3DS: 3050-7580-4526

Comment

I have asked before in "high score threads", the really good people dont want us to know! Haha. I think it just takes practice. Maybe remembering where the best place to shoot is in most parts of the ride. I also doubt wearing mickey ears improves your score.

Comment

It's sad, I worked the ride and still can't manage to break a million. I broke it on occasion. Mainly, I reach at least Level 5.

Comment

I used to be able to max a gun when I worked there. Now that it has been a couple of years my score has gone down a little. Always hit the first Zurg a couple of times though.

Comment

Dan; is it true you can ask the CM at the front to reset targets? And what does it do?

Comment

Yep, there is a "reset targets" button on the console but when I was training I was told it did nothing really. They could press it but I don't think it makes much of a difference.

Comment

Honestly, the best way to score high is to practice. The year I broke 1,000,000 we had my wife's younger sibling with us and we rode Buzz quite a few times. Each time my score got higher.

The biggest problem with getting a high score, I've found, is how far off the laser is in each gun. You could be pointing straight at a target and the laser is pointing 3 feet to the left. You have to figure out how far off your particular gun is and aim accordingly. I find that pointing down near the ground before we get to targets (while everyone else is pointing up and shooting) allows me to see my laser dot and figure out how far off it is.

A lot of spinning of the car doesn't help either as it takes your focus off of the targets and can eat up time.

Some people prefer to the have their arms out straight with the gun, others prefer to hold it in close. I like it in the middle somewhere. The actual key is, hold your gun as rock steady as you can with respect to your eye. Don't twist it, turn it or move it. If you need to turn, turn your whole torso. This means that you are always keeping your eye, gun sight and laser dot in the same alignment which in turn means that you don't constantly have to guess where the beam will be going each time. You may not be aware of it consciously, but your brain will pick it up quickly and you will hit more targets.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by PirateChick View Post
                        Yep, there is a "reset targets" button on the console but when I was training I was told it did nothing really. They could press it but I don't think it makes much of a difference.
                        I was told that it would reset the targets that it would clear the memory so it would be a fresh start and a better chance to score more. I dont know how to put it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                          I was told that it would reset the targets that it would clear the memory so it would be a fresh start and a better chance to score more. I dont know how to put it.
                          Let me guess, Anthony told you that and you believed it? :lol:

Comment

RIC told me also. I believe him. One target was locked and I was not very happy about it. I told the CM to reset and it worked. But if you go often enough...the CM will reset it for you...so I rarely run inot locked targets anymore.

If you don't want to ask, the targets reset every 30 mins. They lock because of outside interference. Flashes etc.
                            Check out my Toy Story Mania 500,000 Run.
                            www.twitter.com/BCC4321

Ask me Anything.

Comment

Rick the AP still shows up every morning? I miss the guy.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X