This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toy Story Midway Mania TV Ads

I'm not sure if this has been brought up or not, but the ads for Toy Story Midway Mania have begun to air on TV. There's only one slight problem:They dont mention the ride being open at California Adventure!! The ad only says "The Disneyland Resort". To make matters worse, the ad shows the various characters walking down Main Street further enforcing the idea that the ride is at Disneyland and not Disney's California Adventure. How are they supposed to help DCA if they wont even mention it in the ads for the big addition to the park?
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

Re: Toy Story Midway Mania TV Ads

Originally posted by Zorro825 View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been brought up or not, but the ads for Toy Story Midway Mania have begun to air on TV. There's only one slight problem:They dont mention the ride being open at California Adventure!! The ad only says "The Disneyland Resort". To make matters worse, the ad shows the various characters walking down Main Street further enforcing the idea that the ride is at Disneyland and not Disney's California Adventure. How are they supposed to help DCA if they wont even mention it in the ads for the big addition to the park?
    I've said it once and I'll say it again. Disney's marketing has really gone down the toilet over the past few years.

Comment

Wow that's just terrible.

Comment

Any guest that I've mentioned it to hasn't heard a thing about it. I'm guessing none of them have been down to the Pier and wondered what the construction was about. ???
        I want my cake back!
        sigpic

Comment

...I guess, they basically want to filter out the info about it being specifically in DCA, thus causing some confusion among guests who don't know it's there. Mislead, they go to Disneyland by accident, realizing TSM isn't there, then, if they really wanted to see that new ride, they will buy another ticket, or use their Parkhopper ticket they bought because of the vague message in the ad. I dunno. If that's the case, then It sounds effective in that regard.
          Last edited by Alex E; 05-19-2008, 05:36 PM. Reason: to clarify myself

Comment

Makes me wonder if Marketing even knows where TSMM is.

Also, do the ads mention it as Toy Story Mania or TS Midway Mania?

EDIT: 100th Post
            MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
            (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

at the end of the commercial it says to get a Park Hopper Ticket.

I laughed. HAH

Comment

Wow, that is sad. They lure guests to Disneyland, but then tell them that it is at DCA and they have to buy another ticket.

Comment

This reminds me of the 50th ads that rewrote history by matting Walt giving his Disneyland opening day speech in front of WDW's Cinderella Castle (in black and white).

Or some ads I saw on busses in Anaheim, advertising that the Nemo characters were (seemingly purposely) split between the two parks (Nemo Subs in DL, Turtle Talk in DCA) so Nemo fans would be convinced to go to both.

Actually, this sounds like almost "phony fastpass for HISTA" level trickery.

Memo to Disney: people don't like to be tricked or manipulated. They may buy a parkhopper, but they may also leave with a bad taste in their mouth.

Not to mention that it seems rather backwards to trick people into going to Disneyland in addition to DCA. I thought the problem was getting people to go to DCA in addition to Disneyland.

BTW, does anyone have video of this commercial?
                  "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
                  Disney sequel):
                  Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
                  Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
                  Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
                  Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
                  Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Comment

The print ads also say Disneyland - not DCA. Considering how much time and effort is being but into the new (beautiful) building, I'm surprised. But on the other hand, I'm not surprised, as most online ads I'm seing for the ride are for - wait for it - park hopper passes.

Comment

Originally posted by animagusurreal View Post

BTW, does anyone have video of this commercial?
                      I saw it during Desperate Housewives last night...

Comment

I agree!

Video of this would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Disney Marketing strikes again. I bet they think the public doesn't like DCA at all, so if they advertise it as a DL attraction, people will have to buy two tickets or a park hopper.

Comment

Wow...that is unfortunate, to say the least.

This reminds me of the 50th ads that rewrote history by matting Walt giving his Disneyland opening day speech in front of WDW's Cinderella Castle (in black and white).
                            Eesh...now that is an unwelcome memory. The fact that they'd pay someone to make that change for the commercial is just...hideous, considering how concerned Disney apparently is about saving money.

Comment

Just saw the commercial and I actually enjoyed it!

I didn't even realize they were in DL

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X