This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An ex-Jack Sparrow spills on life at the Magic Kingdom

A very very cool article written by an Ex-Jack Sparrow at Disneyland. Check it out!

http://lamag.com/featuredarticle.aspx?id=7016

New designs all the time! Click the banner to see all the designs and colors!

Re: An ex-Jack Sparrow spills on life at the Magic Kingdom

Very interesting article. I'm sure Disney will try to get it pulled.

I was an annual pass holder, though not like the freaky ones you may have heard of.
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

I was on TSI once and there was a group of MOMS gathered around the men's bathroom on the back of the island. They were all atwitter because "he's in there!". Poor Jack Sparrow just needed to use the john and these ladies had him surrounded in the can. **shakes head**

Comment

That's pretty cool.
      "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
      1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Comment

Originally posted by Wanda Woman View Post
        I was on TSI once and there was a group of MOMS gathered around the men's bathroom on the back of the island. They were all atwitter because "he's in there!". Poor Jack Sparrow just needed to use the john and these ladies had him surrounded in the can. **shakes head**
        To most guys, this would not be much of a problem. I should have such problems.

Comment

That article is simultaneously enjoyable and saddening.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
            That's what I was thinking too. This is really cool, but really depressing.

I'm wondering if the fact that he was allowed to wear his costume when not being paid was actually in his contract. If so, he probably could have pressed that. But I don't blame him for not trying.

This really shows that they do watch their CMs like hawks. All the stuff about youtube. I'm impressed that they take it that seriously. Portraying a Disney face character, it seems you truly are signing your life away for the duration.

I can't believe they didn't bother telling him he was fired until he showed up that day. That seems highly unprofessional.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Very intresting article, i never knew Disney was so strict!
              Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

Sounds like he had quite the experience, and was very lucky to get the part he did. There were many who would have been happy to have been where he was. Not a part I could play (don't have the look), though I'm sure it was quite the life story.

It was really nice reading about his time with Disney. Though none of it is shocking. When you apply, you know what you're getting into. A company who does everything possible to keep up their image; and it only takes one to hurt something they've built for so many years.

If there's one thing Walt did right, it's the Disney Image!

Comment

I thought it was a great article, I was not really that surprised, but still liked the article. also that is NOT Johnny Depp in that picture.

New designs all the time! Click the banner to see all the designs and colors!

Comment

I'm sure Disney is going to love this article.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanda Woman View Post
                      Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                      To most guys, this would not be much of a problem. I should have such problems.
                      I will wait for you whilst you're in the bathroom, Mr. Swab, and do my best to be all atwitter.

Comment

Being a face character is like walking on eggshells. I've had several friends who have done it. I could never hold a job where i constantly had to worry about my next move. That article was great. But i agree it was pretty sad.

Facebook me!
                        Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                          I agree.

Comment

I was not shocked that Disney is so strict, I was, however, dismayed that his fellow cast members seemed so intent on getting him in trouble. Nice camaraderie.

ETA: I printed it out in case "they" pull the article.

Comment

All I can say is WOW. That is an excellent article. Does it take away from the magic? not for me, but then again I am a wierd AP holder.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X