This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Decade Ago...

The new 1998 Tomorrowland was dedicated and opened to the public (I think today) on memorial day weekend ten years ago.

Boy, time sure does fly by! I was 8 years old at the time!

Re: One Decade Ago...

awww, ur just a youngin then!

I was 11.

Comment

I really hoped that 10 years later TL would be alot better than it is. I was 22.
      sigpic

Comment

I was 10 ^^
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

Comment

Ten years since Rocket Rods was unleashed onto an unsuspecting crown, and Eight years since it closed.

Comment

I was 13 but i don't think I made it to the park until around 2 years later and I rode the Rocket Rods.

Facebook me!
            Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

I'd have guessed it was more than 10 years ago. I'd have sworn I went on Rocket Rods when I was in college (1992-96), but I guess it was later.

According to Yesterland, the Rocket Rods attraction premiered on May 22, 1998.

I still think the idea of a "retro future" look for Tomorrowland could work. It's the only way to keep "tomorrow" from eventually looking like "yesterday."

Comment

I think it's sad. Would any of us have thought 10 years ago that Tomorrowland would be in the 'mess' that it is now because of the decisions to do what they did to it then?

Maybe it's not a 'mess' but frankly, the 1967 version of 'tomorrow' was much more 'fun'....

Comment

I remember going to DL on my grad night in 97 and Tomorrowland being in a complete mess because it was still under construction.
                  "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                    Maybe it's not a 'mess' but frankly, the 1967 version of 'tomorrow' was much more 'fun'....
                    Bring ATIS back!!

Facebook me!
                    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

I was there May 22, 1998. I was 16, and in town for a wedding. At first glance, i loved the new TL. The rocket rods were fun, and i kind of enjoyed the colours. Slowly, but surely though, the theme went sideways for me. I just never enjoyed it as much as that first visit. Now i spend my days wishing it would get back to its mid 80's, early 90's period...............

"The moose say's you're closed, i say you're open" Clark W. Griswold

Comment

I will be honest, I was 12, and wouldn't mind going back to the first time I saw the new Tomorrowland color scheme and Rocket Rods! I know it is looked back on as an absolute disaster and the slaying of a Disneyland legend (People Mover) but it was so new and exciting and everyone had to have loved it at first.

This Memorial Weekend I will remember those lost, those left alone, and that gleaming copper mountain that made me so happy
                        Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X