Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Clocks in Disneyland

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clocks in Disneyland

Pinocchio's Daring Journey should have more clocks, I mean, Gepetto is first and foremost a clock maker, after all.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
      Pinocchio's Daring Journey should have more clocks, I mean, Gepetto is first and foremost a clock maker, after all.
      I've wondered why they don't sell clocks that look like the Gepetto made ones at the end of the ride. Those are so neat and I'd love to own one.

Facebook me!
      Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

The Main Street Station clock story:

Seems the clock on Main Street Station was off by a few minutes one day. Maintenance was called, a worker climbed into the clock tower, and the clock was re-set.

However, it was still wrong. The maintenance man climbed back into the clock tower, and again re-set the clock.

It was still off.

So, on a hunch, a manager accompanied the worker as he reset the clock. Following standard procedure, the worker called City Hall to verify the correct time. The manager watched as the City Hall telephone operator pulled back the curtains of her window, looked over to Main Street Station, and told the worker the "correct" time.

Problem solved!

Comment

Speaking of the Main Street Station clock, there was another, slightly more subtle use for the clock besides the telling of time.

It was an advertisement.

Timex, Elgin, and Lorus were all one-time sponsors of the clock, and all at one time had their name emblazoned in large letters on the clock faces.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
            Speaking of the Main Street Station clock, there was another, slightly more subtle use for the clock besides the telling of time.

It was an advertisement.

Timex, Elgin, and Lorus were all one-time sponsors of the clock, and all at one time had their name emblazoned in large letters on the clock faces.
            Maybe the next sponsor will know that the traditional Roman numeral for 4 on a clock face is IIII. It used to be that way till somebody "fixed" it.

We can hope.

--t
            Another refugee from Yertle's stack o' turtles.

Comment

Buy a watch.
              sigpic

Comment

Has anyone notice the clock underneth the castle looking from Fantasyland. This clock will always be at 4:01. A CM told me that it is set on the time of death of WD.
                Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

Originally posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
                  I've wondered why they don't sell clocks that look like the Gepetto made ones at the end of the ride. Those are so neat and I'd love to own one.
                  Good Idea, I'd love to own one also!

Originally posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post

It was an advertisement.

Interesting.

Originally posted by cticket View Post
                  Buy a watch.
                  A Mickey Mouse watch?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
                    They used to sell them in a shop in Fantasyland. My MIL has one that her daughter bought her 20+ years ago.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WheresMickey View Post
                      Has anyone notice the clock underneth the castle looking from Fantasyland. This clock will always be at 4:01. A CM told me that it is set on the time of death of WD.
                      Haven't seen that clock stopped at 4:01, but Walt Disney passed away at 9:30am.

Comment

i love my mickey watch! hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by HBG2 View Post
                          In the Haunted Mansion, it's always 13 o'clock.
                          is that military time?

Comment

Originally posted by WheresMickey View Post
                            The rumors are this:

The time of Walt Disney's Death
                            The time of Walt's Inaugural Speech at Disneyland
                            The time that a clock in the movie "Sleeping Beauty" freezes on to give reference to the movie.

all the same to me...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X