This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit Disneyland alone?

ok, I'm hoping this post doesn't seem stupid. Does anyone here ever go to Disneyland by themselves? I've thought about it many times before, because sometimes nobody ever wants to go. I just think it would be awkward. (Not to mention a boring car ride for an hour.) Just curious.

I wouldn't now, living 400+ miles away. But if I needed a Disneyland fix and I lived close, I would go.
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

Comment

I offen go to Disneyland by myself. I still find it very fun. For one single rider line. You don't have to worry about going on rides you don't want to go on for other people.Going by yourself is perfectly fine.

Comment

I go by myself quite a bit.

Of course you're always welcome to join us for Sunday meets. There is usually a small group that meets at noon at the hub. Check the calendar for details.

Comment

I have had quite a bit of business dealings in Anaheim in the past, and I always made sure to take my AP w/me. I actually enjoy the Park on my own. I especially like just hanging out and people watching (something that the kids haven't figured out how to do yet). I have gotten funny looks from folks who are wondering why I am alone and trying to start a conversation with them :confused: I was just trying to be friendly.

I think that my wife knows that I enjoy the Parks without her and the kids, but I'll never admit it to her. I always tell her the same thing upon my return home. "It's just not the same without you and the kids, Dear :love: "

Yeah, right. It isn't the same. It's better! :devil: :devil: :devil:

(not really!)

Comment

Yep. We live in Scottsdale now, but I still work in Irvine, and I'm there for a week at a time every month, so yes. mostly for the fireworks...

Comment

Originally posted by DznyVan
              I especially like just hanging out and people watching (something that the kids haven't figured out how to do yet)
              I wish I could do that, and I'm only 16...but there lies the problem, if I'm gonna go to D-land, I'm gonna have to go with someone else. That someone could be my best friend (me and him did go by ourselves in August) but the problem is, he'll probably look at me crazy if I suggested we we sit down and relax for a while.

Comment

As an AP I go with others and just as often by myself. If you love Disneyland you'll have a great time... Although it is fun to share the park, just think when you are by yourself, you can be self-indulgent. If you want to ride the train five times in a row... go ahead! Try that when you are with your friends!
                Permanecer sentado por favor...

Comment

I go by myself all the time, but If I had the choice of going alone or with friends I'd definitely go with friends. I hate it when cast members give me a funny look when I tell them I only have one person in my party, it's almost as if they can't believe someone would actually go to Disneyland alone. Oh well it hasn't stopped me yet, so I guess I'll continue going alone...

-Stephen
                  Do you remember your imagination?
                  When Neverland was your destination.
                  Your magical adventure isn't over yet,
                  Just hold on tight and don't forget...

-Remember When, Theme of Disneyland's 50th

Comment

I went down there to pick up a watch from Timepieces that I had made for my wife, It had Duchess in the center done by one of the artists. :love:
                    I went and hopped on to a couple of rides, then had a Blueberry muffin and some Coffee in the hub.
                    Honestly, I would rather have my wife there, we always have a great time together.
                    Nothing wrong with it at all, but company is always nice, no doubt.
                    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

When I lived in the South Bay area I would go right after work and stay till closing especially in the summertime back when the park would stay open until 1:00am on weekdays then do the same thing the next day!! It was heaven....

Comment

I don't do it much anymore, but I used to go by myself on summer nights to watch the fireworks. I'm not much on going on rides by my lonesome, so what I would do is ride around on the train a few times during the Electrical Parade and catch some nifty views of it near Small World. Then I'd watch Fantasy in the Sky and go home.

I did this several times a week back in the days when they used to allow you into ToonTown during the fireworks. It was unbelieveable! The pyro erupted directly overhead; you could feel the shock wave concusion through the small distance of air between your head and the exploding shells. It was such an amazing experience that I would often find similar-minded friends of mine there by Minnie's House, and suddenly I wouldn't be alone at Disneyland anymore. :love:

Comment

I still want to go by myself one day to see if I can do all attractions in both parks on the same day.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot
                            I still want to go by myself one day to see if I can do all attractions in both parks on the same day.

Possibly on a rainy day in January. That would be fun to try.

Comment

I went alone once for a couple of hours. I didn't go on any rides and I felt awkard eating alone. However, I enjoyed walking aorund alone. It was different, but in a good way. I also enjoyed talking to people in line when I was waiting to order my food. When I was eating I was talking on a cell phone the whole time...LOL...

Comment

I've already mentioned my solo times on this thread. http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=470
                                Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Comment

Originally posted by Retlaw Yensid
                                  I wouldn't now, living 400+ miles away. But if I needed a Disneyland fix and I lived close, I would go.
                                  Hey I live in Sacramento too! It's only 6 hours away. I try to go atleast every 2 months. Last month I went twice.

I drive all the way down there by myself and sometimes I meet up with my Evil friends :devil:

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot
                                    A Few of us dertimed that with a standard operating day, it can't be done. You lose so much time in the film-based attractions.
                                    -Monorail Man

Comment

I like to go alone. You can really spend time in the most unlikely places. sometimes I just want to listen to the upstairs windows on Main Street, or really study some painting or take a sketch pad and draw. There's always the attractions no one will go with you on like Lincoln.( now i won't even go!).Disneyland has such an intensity built in for most people to get it all in, it's great to relax and just look at things with no urgency...just like you would at Knott's Berry Farm.
                                      "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

I've gone several times by myself too. My DH doesn't like it that much and whines a lot when we are there. So I enjoy it a lot more by myself. You can do what you want, when you want. I love to shop and going by yourself is the perfect opportunity to shop to your heart's content. As far as CM looking at you funny because you are one person getting on a ride, well, I wouldn't let it bother you. They see so many people pass through that the second you are past them they have probably forgotten about you and anyways who cares what they think? You probably won't see them again.

I live about an hour away and I don't mind the drive (most days unless there is traffic and then I mind) I just play all my favorite CD's and kick back and take my time.

I say go for it.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X