This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indy/Jungle Question

Now that I have seen the "temporary changes" I will simply say that I am not impressed. I am curious though. Is it a requirement for the Skipper to mention Indy, or convey that Indy had been through the Jungle? If it is a requirement is it isolated to the Day Crew? or is the Night Crew required to highlight the various articles as well? I only ask because last night Indy was not mentioned. It was a fun cruise,a cookie cutter but delivered well. So, is it a requirement to mention Indy or is this at the discretion of the Skip?
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Re: Indy/Jungle Question

I went on it yesterday and there were very few references to Indy and it was only in the dialogue. The only difference I noticed in the ride was the umbrella (Henry Jones Sr.'s?) under the "In The End" team with the rhino. Other than that, I was dissapointed since I was expecting a little bit more.
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Comment

I've been in twice so far. One time nothing was mentioned. Another time the skip did mention Indy a few times but I was seated near the engine -- imo the worst place to sit to be able to hear the spiel -- and only heard half of it.

I really wasn't that impressed about the little that I could hear.

Comment

I saw all of the visual references on Thursday when they premiered and the first skipper made a point of mentioning all of them, and Dr. Jones. The second skip mentioned him less, but did make mention of him nonetheless.
        sigpic
        Remember, Dreams come true!... and mermaids are hot, even on Halloween.

Comment

On Thursday they did make mention of all the Indiana Jones references throughout the ride, but on Monday they didn't even make one reference to Indy at all. At this point I think it is very inconsistent, then again unless people really know what to look for - even with the modified spiel they really wouldn't know what to look for.

Comment

I realize it will be inconsistent regardless of policy (seriously anyone remember the whole "magic memories Junior Skipper ever other trip" policy) but I am wondering what the actual policy is.

I know a lot of people are going on specifically to hear/see the references to Indy. When one considers the great state of Indiana, the extensive history of the Indy cars, and the commonality of the name Jones... there is so much potential to prank a crew!

sigpic

Comment

policy is that they HAVE to mention Indy at least 1 time. For most I know, they're sticking to the minimum.
              "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                I know a lot of people are going on specifically to hear/see the references to Indy. When one considers the great state of Indiana, the extensive history of the Indy cars, and the commonality of the name Jones... there is so much potential to prank a crew!
                And being a native Hoosier myself, I'm more than happy to give any advice/info to those wanting to go this route.

Although I do question the wisdom of placing the word "Great" anywhere near the word "Indiana".

T

Comment

The spiel update is a mandatory change to your spiel. There are many skips out there who refuse to make changes to their spiel, but it may catch up to them eventually.

4 scenes absolutely mandatory.
                  -Gorilla camp
                  -Lost safari
                  -Dancing natives
                  -Trader Sam

With that said, there are actually 6 or 7 scenes which are included in the update and depending on which lead/manager you talk to, are also mandatory.
                  -Indy que
                  -Cobras
                  and I believe one other but to be honest I havent even taken a good look at the new jokes, so Im not sure what the other is.

The skips are supposed to mention Indy in some way. The jokes are basically the same with Indiana Jones somehow tied in to it. IE "Looks like those gorillas have taken over Indiana Jones' camp"

I myself tend to just plug Indiana Jones to make it sound ridiculous. I have alot of fun with it, and the guests seem to think its funny too. Ive only seen one person with a map on my boat, so Im pretty sure that most people have no idea why we are talking about Indy so much. That being the reason why I make fun of the whole thing.

I still havent found the headress thing. One day I might. But I honestly dont pay much attention.

Again though, we were originally told that it was only the 4 scenes which we must mention Indy in. Lately I have been told that managers have been riding boats and getting people for skipping the other unimportant/non-modified scenes. So it all depends on who you talk to.
                  Last edited by nolimit; 05-27-2008, 02:39 PM.

Comment

i have a question, is Jungle Cruise open at night?
                    We want to appeal to everyone and get rich quick. We want to be millionaires. I've got this plan to buy Tasmania you see...-Angus Young

Comment

Originally posted by ACDCmaniac921 View Post
                      i have a question, is Jungle Cruise open at night?
                      Of course it is, that's what flashlights and lanterns are for.

Comment

im going friday, im gonna have to try that!
                        We want to appeal to everyone and get rich quick. We want to be millionaires. I've got this plan to buy Tasmania you see...-Angus Young

Comment

My sister, Wendy Girl, put a nice trip report about Indy stuff on Memorial day and she mentions some of the stuff they saw, but she only got pictures of Dr. Jones Umbrella and something carved about the Crystal Skulls. She mentioned seeing the crate with the Ark but was not in a good place to get a picture. She enjoyed it but also mentioned the skipper said nothing about Indy stuff during the trip. I had been led to believe they weren't really supposed to make a big deal as it is supposed to be some kind of hunt for Indy stuff game on the ride itself. I have no idea how much stuff is there or if that was true or not. But looking at her pictures it was pretty cool and the areas where the stunt shows are done also is nice because it is mostly up on the rooftops or balconies to keep the show from clogging the already overcrowded streets.
                          Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Last night I was on Jungle twice... in both cases Indy was mentioned every other scene. If Management wanted the "Captain Jack Sparrow" effect... they got it... and it was extremely annoying. For some reason all I could think was "man I would so be pranking people with this"

You have the Indy cars
                            • Let me tell you a little bit about Indy. It's this new racing craze back in Europe where they have these little cars with big tires and big engines and they race on all the expressways... very dangerous but very exciting!
                            you have the state of Indiana
                            • For all you travelers here are a few facts about Indiana... the motto is "The Crossroads of America", the bird is a Cardinal, the flower is a Peony, and it is the 19th state in the U.S.
                            you could refer to Sam as "Dr. Jones"... SO MUCH POTENTIAL... which is why I am now amazed that I actually worked there as long as I did without being fired!

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X