Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What About a Second Diarama for the DLRR?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What About a Second Diarama for the DLRR?

As a spinoff from a response in another thread (thanks "sleepyjeff!") I was wondering about a second diarama for the Disneyland Railroad. Not sure what I would do just yet, but I think it would be a great idea. The obvious placement for it would be in the back area behind the old Big Thunder Ranch area just prior to the Toontown/Fantasyland Station. Seems to me there is plenty of room for a diarama AND another attraction.

Any ideas for what the diarama could be? Maybe a "Mickey's Philharmagic" themed diarama minus the 3D effects?

Re: What About a Second Diarama for the DLRR?

The Disneyland Railroad definitely needs work, but, if anything, the Grand Circle Tour should be made more cohesive and less fragmented, not vice versa.

Comment

Whatever the diarama displays, I think it should be located between the Main Street and New Orleans Square stations. All the other stations have something in between them, like:

NOS-TT: Splash Mountain

TT-TL: IASW facade, Agrifuture billboard, alternate view of Monorail and Autopia

TL-MS: Grand Canyon and Dinosaur Dioramas

The MS-NOS had an onboard elephant sound effect and a panther which has been missing-in-action for a while now. There is a quick glimpse of Mardi Gras stuff that's pretty cool, but that's it.

What about a tunnel into the Temple of the Forbidden Eye? Not the actual ride building, but just crumbling walls and something that warns of the eye of mara and all that jazz.

Comment

your right.. thought I'm surprised they have not tried to cover up backstage between TT & TL.... since on holiday II cars you can see some.. LOL.. But your right about between MS & NOS...

(TT= Toon Town,
        TL = Tomorrowland,
        MS=Main Street USA,
        NOS=New Orleans Square)

Comment

I think it is a great idea. A diorama is an excellent way to introduce a new attraction to the Park without spending $$$$$$$ on a ride system...let the Train be the ride system.

Narnia would be my first choice for such an idea.

Other ideas include:

........ a full scale mockup of the Apollo 11 Moon Landing;

........ a catstophe canyon type scene;

........ Alladins Cave of Wonders scene.

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Perhaps a nice diarama... like kids of all nationalities joining together to help prevent littering or white and blue collar workers joined hand in hand to promote local busines?

Dang... I'm tired..... I hereby apologize for the above post.
            St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986
              your right.. thought I'm surprised they have not tried to cover up backstage between TT & TL.... since on holiday II cars you can see some.. LOL.. But your right about between MS & NOS...
              It would be very difficult to cover that area up with some sort of diorama for several reasons. First, it is a park access point for trucks and such, one of only three or so in the entire park. Second, the parade crossing is located there and a diorama would need to allow for the floats to get through somehow. Third, the track switch to the Roundhouse is also in that same area and requires a bit of space for the two tracks to run. The Monorail track switch is directly above and would limit any diorama to being below the Monorail track level.

Comment

I think I'd simply like more of a transition between the view outside and the Grand Canyon.
                ------------------
                DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
                http://www.comedy4cast.com

Comment

I wouldn't request a 2nd diarama just to change the original one the grand canyon and dinosaurs is just a tad bit out date. They should change EVERYTHING. or mabey replace the current DINOS with the ones from DINOSAUR(countdown to exstinction).
                  pshhh i guess

Comment

As for the "Grand Canyon" and the "Primeval World", I would like to see them both replaced by a finale relating to the whole of Disneyland.

The "Grand Canyon" diorama could live-on in a different form. For example, Grofe's "Grand Canyon" Suite could be played as area music in parts of Frontierland.

The same is also true for "Primeval World". Its animated figures and sets could potentially find a home elsewhere with a new concept.

The Disneyland Railroad is just so important to Disneyland, as a whole, that the Grand Circle Tour needs to be as strong as possible.

Comment

My personal take: The dioramas are fine just as-is. No need to tweak or change, but updating the animatronics is okay. Walt put those dioramas there, just as much as he put the Castle at the end of Main Street.

Remember: The Grand Canyon Diorama was blessed by a Hopi Chief in 1958. If you tear it down, you run the risk of angering the Great Spirit!

Comment

I like the Indiana jones idea! I haven't rode the train in a while, but doesnt it go through the back of HM? If it did, maybe there could be a peppers ghost of a GHOST TRAIN inside the tunnel! eh eh?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X