Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Circle-Vision: 1955-2001

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Circle-Vision: 1955-2001

    the circle vision is easily one of the park's oldest attractions. Now that buzz is in its place, am I the only one who thinks that they should have put something different, that kept the circle vision theater, ala Rocket Rods?
    Your Thoughts?

  • #2
    I enjoyed the circle vision. I could easily be reproduced some where else. I did like the use of the circle vision in conjunction with the rocket rods.
    "He gets around you know he knows all the pretty girls." ~ Walt Disney

    Comment


    • #3
      I really loved the use of CircleVision in the Rocket Rods queue. If I'm not mistaken it showed old footage of Walt Disney and Disneyland, right? I remember waiting in that line for HOURS with my dad. Very good bonding time while we watched Walt talk about Disneyland.

      But then again, I could be wrong- it was footage of Walt and old footage of Disneyland, right??? haha. It's been a while...

      Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

      Comment


      • #4
        Technically, CircleVision ran from 1967 - 1997.

        When Disneyland opened in 1955 there was an earlier version called CircaRama
        which ran through September 1966.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MasterGracey
          I really loved the use of CircleVision in the Rocket Rods queue. If I'm not mistaken it showed old footage of Walt Disney and Disneyland, right? I remember waiting in that line for HOURS with my dad. Very good bonding time while we watched Walt talk about Disneyland.

          But then again, I could be wrong- it was footage of Walt and old footage of Disneyland, right??? haha. It's been a while...
          man I spent three and a half hours in that line o_o

          I remeber getting a headache from watching that movie play again and again and again o_o but yet I kept going still pressed on by my belief that I would reach the end of that line o_o I swear there must be a part of me still in that line always waiting for that great ride (that mostly beeped a bit zoomed really fast but never FELT fast really and before I know it I'm being kicked out for the next person, then my mom bragged about how she road pirates and mansion multiple times because they were walkons )

          I can't see too much more being done with circlevision

          if you want to see the classic circlevision again go to Epcot they've still got a couple there (WDW's Timekeeper is becoming the flying saucers though I've heard)
          "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah, but its essentially the same thing. A circular theater that surrounds you. I wonder if there will be any homages to Rocket Rods / Circle Vision in this new Buzz Crapyear ride

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mp3piratesavvy
              Yeah, but its essentially the same thing. A circular theater that surrounds you. I wonder if there will be any homages to Rocket Rods / Circle Vision in this new Buzz Crapyear ride
              what's essentualy the same thing :confused: I kinda listed several things so I'm confused

              maybe you should reserve judgement on Buzz until you have a ride on it, I don't always agree with everything that is done at Disney either but I always try to go with an open mind and enjoy it for what it is (yeah I even tried it with Pooh, yeah I doubt I'll ever ride it again but I had an open mind, I'll miss the Christmas bears show though )
              "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

              Comment


              • #8
                What gets me is that circlevision was a great show....but after time goes on DL powers to be did not update it, think of the possiblities with new technology, such as Imax, 3'D, surround sound as we know it today, that show could have surrounded us in sound, visual effects, 3D images and been plugged once again as new , exciting and not to be missed!!!! Updated it would have attracted new viewers and maybe not an E ticket , certainly worth visiting the park for. Buzz could have been installed in the inovations building and each little segment could have housed a buzz ride talk about ride capacity! And the tie in with proximity to Space Mountain would have been great!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DISNEYJUNKIE
                  What gets me is that circlevision was a great show....but after time goes on DL powers to be did not update it, think of the possiblities with new technology, such as Imax, 3'D, surround sound as we know it today, that show could have surrounded us in sound, visual effects, 3D images and been plugged once again as new , exciting and not to be missed!!!! Updated it would have attracted new viewers and maybe not an E ticket , certainly worth visiting the park for. Buzz could have been installed in the inovations building and each little segment could have housed a buzz ride talk about ride capacity! And the tie in with proximity to Space Mountain would have been great!
                  well they were going to do a timekeeper type overlay at one point in Disneyland but by that time it was getting to be kinda tired in WDW and Paris even though it was still relativly new for both those parks

                  so Disney looked into just retiring the Circlevision (puting Imax in would've made it the Spherevision? the semispherevision? not sure it might've been cool though)

                  Innoventions isn't much of a priority for Disney, it doesn't cost them much, if any money at all (though they are trying to increase it's popularity a bit I think?)
                  "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I would have gotten even dizzier with Imax and/or 3D , maybe the effect would have made a still standing ,hold on to the bar E ticket ride !!!And cheap no vehicles , no track , the legal department would have loved it, nothing but my two feet to think of suing over, just my own good ole two feet for support.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The bottom line is that CircleVision is yesterday's technology. It was way outdated by 1997. Was it nice to look at? Sure. But it's time has come and gone.
                      My Blu-rays/DVDs
                      "Every view they hold on you's a piano out of tune
                      You're an angel, you're a demon, you're just.... human." - James, Lullaby

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by captveg
                        The bottom line is that CircleVision is yesterday's technology. It was way outdated by 1997. Was it nice to look at? Sure. But it's time has come and gone.
                        very true, it'll probably remain in Epcot for a while though, maybe eventualy they'll put some themed darkrides in there though o_o

                        I really need to go back to Epcot again and get a real feel for the world showcase I think
                        "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          New technology like Winne the Pohh? Or inovations? Thats the point with new technology it could have rocked!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by captveg
                            The bottom line is that CircleVision is yesterday's technology. It was way outdated by 1997. Was it nice to look at? Sure. But it's time has come and gone.

                            The only thing I liked about CircleVision is that it was a nice and cool place to be on a very hot Disney day. I wish it had seating though. I was bored in that place after 5 minutes...lol Course I was just a young kid knowing there were soo many other attractions to see and do and I felt like I was wasting my time in there being dragged in by my parents...
                            A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I will miss Circlevision. It was very immersive, but sorely neglected. I would love to wath U2 in corclevision. Can you imagine what they would do with that? Like i said the creative potential was stifled. If they updated the "Wonders of China" we'd only see all the stuff were already wearing being made! Maybe we should close it!
                              "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

                              [FONT=Arial Narrow]

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X