This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] October Visit

Hey everyone. I just got back from a trip to DLR two weeks ago and I'm already trying to plan another for sometime in October. I'm going to get my very first AP and try to use it as much as possible in the next year. So my question is this: what are the crowds usually like in October and when is the best time to go? Obviously not around Halloween, and I want to go when the weather is decent enough too. I've been going only summers the past few years and I want to go when there are limited crowds for once. Can you guys help me out here?

Re: October Visit

Yes Weekdays.
    Not Weekends.
    Not near Observed Columbus Day.

The weather is unpredictable in October.

Comment

Hey, sediment (or anyone) when do the halloween decorations go up? After my December trip I want to plan for an October one also.

Comment

Originally posted by Clawdee View Post
        Hey, sediment (or anyone) when do the halloween decorations go up? After my December trip I want to plan for an October one also.
        No idea. I don't think much is done, park-wide.
        HM's Holiday makeover opens at the end of September. Special shop opens for the "NBC" fans.
        There are Mickey's Halloween Treat (and Extra Cost) Nights over at DCA.
        On halloween, there is a tradition of villain characters coming out for a once-a-year appearance. Not sure if this still happens with the Mickey Nights across the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Clawdee View Post
          Don't hold me to this but I think the halloween decorations were up by the end of September last year. I'm not much on halloween but I do love the decorations they put up. But the best part is being able to get autographs and pictures with my favorite villians over at DCA during the halloween season.
          Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

Comment

OP, if you are coming during the halloween season I really suggest you go to Mickey's Halloween Treat. I know it is mainly geared to kids but my friends and I love it and go every year.
            Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

Comment

Sediment is correct about the unpredicable weather. But generally Octobers are mild, with little chance of rain. Not that it never happens... but its rare.

These sites gives some general weather info:

http://gocalifornia.about.com/bl_dl_temp.htm

http://weather.msn.com/amusementcond...ations=wc:9125

Most of the Halloween/Fall decorations should be up by the end of September. The first weekend in October is the "unofficial" Gay Days in Disneyland, that weekend will be packed, the following weekend is Columbus Day weekend, will most likely also be busy. Halloween being on a Friday this will will probably be packed.

I went to Mickey's Halloween Treat last year (It has a new name this year) with some other MiceChatters, and yes, its more for kids, but we had a great time. Even adults can dress in costume if they want. (But you can't go into Disneyland in costume). It is a separate ticket, and they only do it evenings certain days (Fri-Sun??).

Fall is a beautiful time. Just adhere to sediments advice, stick to weekdays, avoid weekends and you'll have a great time!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
              all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X