• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • elly
    Don't diss my bonnet
    MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Aug 2006

[Question] Yamabuki's Questions

Have you been to Yamabuki's? What dishes do you recommend? We'll be going there for the first time next friday and i'm really looking forward to it.

Thanks in advance for any replies
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Originally posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• wbarley
    Proud "Dis-nerd"
    • Jan 2007

Re: Yamabuki's Questions

I love Yamabuki, have been there a few times. The menu is very traditionally Japanese, and a bit pricey but well worth it. Everything we've had on the menu has been terrific, depends what you like. The Black Cod (Gindara Yu-An Yaki ) is wonderful, but my favorite is the Agedashi Tofu. The set menu (Yamabuki Combo) is the best deal (3 courses) and don't forget to get a discount with either the AP or Disney Visa.

Here's a link to the menu: http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/men_yamd.htm
    sigpic
    If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/blendywee

Comment

• elly
      Don't diss my bonnet
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      • Aug 2006

ty wbarely..i'm really looking forward to dinner there even more now
      -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

Comment

• wbarley
        Proud "Dis-nerd"
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by elly View Post
        ty wbarely..i'm really looking forward to dinner there even more now
        Great! Be sure to let me know if you liked it
        sigpic
        If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

Comment

• MasterGracey
          Dateline Disneylander
          • Jan 2005

Not to be a downer, but I went to Yamabuki once, and won't go again. I believe a California Roll is about $10. Nearly anywhere else in California, you can find a California roll for $5 or less. The other rolls are similarly overpriced, and quite often don't have all of the ingredients that most other sushi bars include, which cuts back on flavor, but you get charged a higher price.

I wasn't impressed... I can find better sushi at a better price elsewhere.

But best of luck to you -- maybe it'll be the right thing for you

PS- here are menus (EDIT: I see wbarley already posted a menu link):
          Yamabuki Lunch Menu • Disneyland Restaurant Menus
          Yamabuki Dinner Menu • Disneyland Restaurant Menus

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

• elly
            Don't diss my bonnet
            MiceChat Round-Up Crew
            • Aug 2006

thankfully we're not really going for sushi (i can get all you can eat sushi here for 13.95). but mostly for the rest of the menu and for the company

less than 24hrs to go!
            -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

Comment

• MasterGracey
              Dateline Disneylander
              • Jan 2005

thankfully we're not really going for sushi (i can get all you can eat sushi here for 13.95). but mostly for the rest of the menu and for the company

less than 24hrs to go!
              Ah, well, then enjoy!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

• wbarley
                Proud "Dis-nerd"
                • Jan 2007

We've never had the sushi at Yamabuki, as it does seem very overpriced. It was the other dishes that we were enticed by and enjoyed, dishes that are out of the ordinary. It is definitely a special occasion restaurant.

Because of the expense of eating out at the resort, I always like to look at the menus and get reviews before I go to places like this too - this site is one of the great resources for that.
                sigpic

Comment

• elly
                  Don't diss my bonnet
                  MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                  • Aug 2006

well we had a marvelous dinner at Yamabuki's. I agree, the sushi is very pricey (i'm used to 15.95 all you can eat sushi here in Reno at one of the best sushi bars in town) but it was a very good quality, and sometimes you have to pay for that.

I had the Yamabuki combo dinner with the chicken, the soybeans were perfectly warm and not too salty. The chicken was tender and flavourful. oh! and the miso soup was perhaps the best i've ever had anywhere.

Dustin had the lobster thermidor, and it was completely stellar! I'd never tasted it before and after a bite of his dinner was actually a little jealous it wasn't mine, lol.

all in all, an excellent dinner with amazing friends. can't ask for much more than that
                  -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

Comment

• wbarley
                    Proud "Dis-nerd"
                    • Jan 2007

well we had a marvelous dinner at Yamabuki's. I agree, the sushi is very pricey (i'm used to 15.95 all you can eat sushi here in Reno at one of the best sushi bars in town) but it was a very good quality, and sometimes you have to pay for that.

I had the Yamabuki combo dinner with the chicken, the soybeans were perfectly warm and not too salty. The chicken was tender and flavourful. oh! and the miso soup was perhaps the best i've ever had anywhere.

Dustin had the lobster thermidor, and it was completely stellar! I'd never tasted it before and after a bite of his dinner was actually a little jealous it wasn't mine, lol.

all in all, an excellent dinner with amazing friends. can't ask for much more than that
                    Excellent news. I'll be back there on my next visit...
                    sigpic

Comment

• tamasurvivor
                      aka the scorpion eater!
                      • Nov 2006

Thank god I read this before taking my Disneyland/Haunt Trip, we were seriously debating on doing Yamabuki since we were staying very close to it at the Best Western Stovalls but since we would have been going for the sushi, we kinda decided and agreed that the overpriced sushi was not our thing so we sadly skipped it.

Though 13.95 for all you can eat sushi elly... I wish we had something like that here in Phoenix... our all you can eat place is like 22.95 and our happy hours are pretty up there in price too... I recall spending over 33.00 on Happy Hour sushi and appetizers at this sushi place on the ASU campus
                      Add me... I dont bite LOL!
                      http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
                      http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

Comment

• nish221
                        Minion FOREVER!
                        • Mar 2005

First a caveat, my family is super particular about Japanese food...

We have been to Japan numerous times.

Good:
                        * Slightly more varied selection of items than your typical Japanese restaurant
                        e.g. daikon salad
                        * Decent taste on most items (very good gyu hire yaki)
                        * Sushi is competently & authentically made e.g. maki-mono was centered, they used chiso as a garnish, daikon "noodles"
                        * Miso shiru had wakame (seaweed)
                        * Decent service & decor.

Not so good:
                        * A lot of teriyaki-tempura items under fancier Japanese names
                        * Could/should have more authentic items (nabe dishes, chawan mushi, etc)
                        * A bit more expensive than your run-of-the-mill place
                        * I've had fresher fish, but rarely in the US.

Would I go back? Yes, only if I'm in DLR w/o a car and feel like Japanese food.
                        Last edited by nish221; 10-30-2008, 01:29 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• Zeus
                          :)
                          • Oct 2005

I hate to be a downer as well, but when I went about 4 months ago our Server was very polite, and helped us...But when the server was gone and we wanted a refill or had a question there was nobody to be found, when we asked the other servers a question they just ignored us, and one even told us that we should "ask your server, i'll find him for you"...It also didn't help that we had a family of screaming children, and parents just as bed [they we're playing Nintendo DS's with the sound all the way up] while their children screamed...The food was good, the rolls we're over priced, the experience wasn't so great.

Comment

• surffnutt3000
                            MiceChatter
                            • Jul 2008

Anyone have any recommendations for other Japanese restaurants in the Anaheim area???

I think the combo dinner (or whatever it's called) at Yamabuki is a fairly good bet - basic, but a good meal. For sushi, however, my experience is that some of the "hole-in-the-wall" places are the best way to go. I occasionally go to a little place in Westwood that's comfortable, reasonably priced, and fun. Would definitely like to find someplace like that closer to Disneyland.

Comment

• Browncoat
                              'splosions
                              • Apr 2006

Koji's at the Block at Orange and Chomp in Downtown Fullerton are my 2 places to go in the area
                              PSN: ItsTheRocketeer
                              Nintendo Network: ItsTheRocketeer
                              3DS: 3050-7580-4526

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X