Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shorts or Pants This Holiday Season At The Disneyland Resort?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Shorts or Pants This Holiday Season At The Disneyland Resort?

I'm from Texas so I don't think CA weather will be that cold for me to bundle up but what does everyone think about what one should wear during the December days at the Disneyland Resort.

I'd like to vote for Shorts but I don't know for sure as I've never been to the resort during the holidays.

Re: Shorts or Pants This Holiday Season At The Disneyland Resort?

I'd bring some shorts just in case... because we've been having an unseasonably warm fall. But... So Cal weather is totally unpredictable. December is usually also the beginning of our rainy season, so it can also be wet. The days can be warm but as soon as the sun goes down it can get chilly pretty quick.

In other words... I'd bring both because its just to far ahead to really know for sure.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

And I have the same question from the opposite prospective. We are from Oregon and wondering if it will be warm enough for us to getaway with shorts, because well it is wet and rainy at home at the end of December and for NYE.

Comment

Both.

Cold in the morning, hot in the afternoon, cold again at night.

That's California weather for ya...

Comment

Cold and Hot when describing CA weather is relative to where you are coming from. Compared to Oregon in December, CA hot is HOT and cold is warm.
          Originally posted by SummerInFL
          Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
          Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

I wear shorts year round at DL, but during the cooler months, I bring a light jacket.

Comment

I actually can't remember the last time I went to Disneyland wearing long pants. If I'm staying later than, say 8pm, I'll bring jeans for the evening just in case.

Comment

i always giggle when the locals are bundled up in jackets, scarves and gloves when its 50 degrees outside, and i'm still in my shorts and a sweatshirt

winter months i always pack both when coming to DLR, its hit or miss with the weather
                Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                Originally posted by pratt55
                Elly is adorkable.

Comment

I'd bring both, unless the forecast is listing really high or low temperatures when you're just a few days out.

Comment

the last 2 christmases have been in the 90's.
                    spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

Comment

Bring both. If you were going to bring four bottoms, then bring two of each. FOR NOW.
                      However, check the weather forecast right before you go. Adjust the ratio based on that information.
                      Also, bring something that dries easily, for Grizzly and Splash.

Comment

Originally posted by elly View Post
                        i always giggle when the locals are bundled up in jackets, scarves and gloves when its 50 degrees outside, and i'm still in my shorts and a sweatshirt

winter months i always pack both when coming to DLR, its hit or miss with the weather
                        This is so funny. I always giggle when I go to Whitewater for lunch and it's 50 degrees outside and I see the hotel guests swimming in the pool!

I would say pants. If we get a heatwave in December it's usually due to a Santa Ana Wind. It gets so dry that it doesn't feel quite as hot as it does during the summer. Plus the wind has a cooling effect.

Comment

depends on the individual, I prefer shots... just me... but others may think that shorts are too casual.
                          "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                            depends on the individual, I prefer shots... just me... but others may think that shorts are too casual.
                            Jungle Cruise shots or alcoholic ones?

Comment

Originally posted by mousechild View Post
                              Cold and Hot when describing CA weather is relative to where you are coming from. Compared to Oregon in December, CA hot is HOT and cold is warm.
                              Having lived in Tacoma WA now for, oh, a bit too long (moved up here from San Jose CA), I always WANT to feel that way when I go to DLR, but the truth is, sometimes it does get cold.

Actually it's the evening that gets me, b/c as soon as that sun goes down, the temperature plummets. And I get cold. Even if I'm still wearing short sleeve shirts at home, I want long sleeves and a sweatshirt at night in DLR!

To the original question, bring both. Last December the days were really warm, but then one day it rained a COLD rain. Makes for an interesting time on Grizzly, let me tell you, but also makes for crowds so light you can go around twice without leaving the raft. (I was wearing a poncho over my sweatshirt, by the way, I'm not THAT crazy)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X