This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kodak Theatre

... The kodak theatre looks pretty impressive. I know we'll see the outside of it when we'll be in Hollywood. However, I think we won't get there till after the last scheduled tour (4:00). Does anyone know if they just let you look and roam around in some of the insides for free?
    Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Re: Kodak Theatre

I doubt it. And this isn't a restaurant...

Comment

Although humble pie is on the menu, with a huge portion of ham on Oscar night.

I also was wondering why this was in the Restaurant Review forum. Maybe a kind moderator could move it!
      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
        Does anyone know if they just let you look and roam around in some of the insides for free?
        Funny!

TICKETS
        Adults $15
        Seniors (65 & over) $10
        Youth (17 & under) $10
        Children (under 3) Free
        (strollers will be checked at the door)
        Tickets may be purchased at the Kodak Theatre box office up to seven days in advance. Kodak Theatre Tours are included in the Hollywood CityPass. For more information, visit www.citypass.com Click on the icon near the top of this page to obtain a coupon for $3 off regular admission.

Kodak Theatre
        "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

I wouldn't count on it. Personally, I don't think it's all that impressive. It's nice, and somewhat large, but nothing really of note, especially artistically or architecturally. Plus, according to rumors I've been hearing, they're trying to prepare it for an upcoming show--lots of usual rentals of the theater have been told to go elsewhere for this year.
          Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

The Kodak is adjacent to a mall and food court, you can wander around those areas, the theater is like any other, you must pay admission to go in.

Comment

Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
              ... The kodak theatre looks pretty impressive. I know we'll see the outside of it when we'll be in Hollywood. However, I think we won't get there till after the last scheduled tour (4:00). Does anyone know if they just let you look and roam around in some of the insides for free?
              Sure they will! If you're name is Brad Pitt. )

Comment

Originally posted by brand42 View Post
                Sure they will! If you're name is Brad Pitt. )
                He's doing his tour on 2/22.

Please note that tours will be suspended from
                Jan 26 to Feb 28 due to preparations for the

Tours will resume March 1
                Kodak Theatre
                "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

Originally posted by JesterMn View Post
                  Plus, according to rumors I've been hearing, they're trying to prepare it for an upcoming show--lots of usual rentals of the theater have been told to go elsewhere for this year.
                  Fairly public rumor:

A 10-year deal will bring a Hollywood-themed show to the home of the Academy Awards.

By Diane Haithman
                  Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
                  November 20, 2007

In a move to fill the Kodak Theatre's often-empty stage between the Academy Awards shows for which it was built, the theater's owner has committed to a 10-year, $100-million agreement with Cirque du Soleil to create a permanent show for the Hollywood venue.

The new production featuring a movie industry theme, announced Monday, is expected to open in 2010. It will be directed by Frenchman Philippe Decoufle, who staged the opening and closing ceremonies of the 1992 Winter Olympics in Albertville, France. It will join Cirque's U.S. roster of five permanent Las Vegas shows -- "O," "Ka," "Mystere," "Zumanity" and "Love" -- as well as a production in Orlando, Fla.
                  Cirque plans to spend $40 million on the creative aspects of the production and $60 million on retrofitting the theater for its needs. However, Laliberte said the stage would remain a traditional proscenium that can accommodate the awards ceremonies and TV show.

Cirque will continue to present its tent shows, such as the current "Corteo," in the Los Angeles area. Laliberte said that using the Kodak would allow the new show to use more special effects, including video, than the tent shows. But Cirque will not make radical interior or exterior changes to the theater, as it did for the water show "O" at the Bellagio hotel, which requires a pool.

Each year, Cirque will go on hiatus for four to six weeks to allow for the Academy Awards production. The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has a 20-year contract with the Kodak. Otherwise the Cirque show will be the theater's only tenant, presenting eight shows a week.

Cirque president and chief of direction Daniel Lamarre said ticket prices were expected to fall between the $80 to $90 going rate a touring Broadway show ticket might cost and the $120 that has become common for Las Vegas shows.
                  Cirque du Soleil to move into Kodak Theatre - Los Angeles Times

Comment

oops this was sposed to be in the So Cal Travel planning... sorry about that.
                    well.. they won't let me just take a litle stroll on the red carpet without buying a ticket for a tour? hehe.. well where do you buy tickets at? can you just walk in pretend like you have a ticket till they kick you out.
                    Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

The information is in post #4, good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                        Although humble pie is on the menu, with a huge portion of ham on Oscar night.

I also was wondering why this was in the Restaurant Review forum. Maybe a kind moderator could move it!
                        Moved with a gentle reminder to report posts that ar in the incorrect forum.
                        Good morning, son
                        In twenty years from now
                        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                        And I can tell you 'bout today
                        And how I picked you up and everything changed
                        It was pain
                        Sunny days and rain
                        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Guy Laliberte, my old boss. Nice to see that he finally gave up on that fire eating act of his.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X