Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

    When looking for a hotel in the Anaheim Resort area, consider the official hotel of MiceChat.com - the Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort

    Please visit this link for full details on booking a discount vacation to Disneyland with the Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort.

    .
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

    Find us on Facebook: .

    How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
    Save

  • #2
    Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

    We stayed at Howard Johnsons for the first time during the MiceChat 4th anniversary celebration and we absolutely loved it.

    The room was spacious, well-appointed and clean. We found the hotels location to be an easy walk to Disneyland. I'd highly recommend it.
    Charlie :wave:
    MiceChat User #1037

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

      I've been staying here for almost 10 years straight now and can't say I would go anywhere else. As I get older and now with the cancer I'm slower but my daughter is great with me and we take the ART system. The staff has been nothing but nice to me at each and every stay.
      Michelle

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

        I stayed at HoJo's for the 4th anniversary. The room was nice (and my neighbors were awesome ) but I have to admit I was disappointed that there was no restaurant on site. I like to get breakfast room service when I travel--take out from Mimi's isn't what I had in mind.

        Other than that, no complaints.
        Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

          Originally posted by disneytim View Post
          (and my neighbors were awesome )
          Mine were too!! I was actually surprised that I didn't feel like I was in a hotel - the sound didn't carry between rooms at all. Ok, maybe once. Or twice. But not a lot.

          I have to agree with Tim on the restaurant thing. It would have been nice - but it isn't a deal breaker for me. I also know how to read their hotel layout map now and have read that if you are in building 2 it is a very long walk so I try to avoid the rooms in that building.

          Our room never felt like it was too small - even when we had 5 adults in it. There was plenty of space for all of us to have our junk and luggage and get ready in the mornings.

          :thumbup:
          I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

          "Do you remember in kindergarten, how you�d meet a kid,
          then 10 seconds later you�d be playing like you were best friends?"
          * * *

          :love:

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

            I enjoyed the Hotel, The Room was nice and the staff was very friendly. I would stay there again.


            Did You Know They Use Water To Make ICE!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

              We just switched our reservations from the Super 8 on Disneyland Drive to the HoJo and I am really, really excited about it. We will be there May 3-11.

              We were paying $59 for a King room at the Super 8.

              And we are getting a King at the HoJo for $67!!!!! Less than $10 more, closer to the parks, better pools and we will still have free parking for our rental car (which I have to say we got on Hotwire for $13 a day, can't beat that!!).

              I am really, really excited because this is supposed to be a really tight budget trip, my husband lost his job after we had already paid for flights.......so the fact that we can upgrade to a nicer hotel for less than $10 is FANTASTIC

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

                Originally posted by Kristine30 View Post
                We just switched our reservations from the Super 8 on Disneyland Drive to the HoJo and I am really, really excited about it...
                You won't be disappointed! Have a great trip!!
                Charlie :wave:
                MiceChat User #1037

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

                  Originally posted by Circarama View Post
                  You won't be disappointed! Have a great trip!!

                  Thanks The more my DH and I talk about it, the more thrilled I am that we changed hotels. It is just supposed to be a place to crash but for less than $10 more a night, it sure seems like a heck of a step up!!

                  I can't wait for the pool!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

                    Our last stay was a few years ago, but that pool was fun fun fun-!!!
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
                    -Roald Dahl
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

                      We just changed our resservations from the motel 6 to hojo paying alittle more 25$ more a night but I have heard so many good things about this hotel. Can any one tell me about the 2dd bed room court yard view.
                      "A pirates life for me"

                      Next trip to Disneyland April 3 to April 7 2011 For our second honneymoon and with out the kids.:yea:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

                        Originally posted by cfitz/pirates View Post
                        We just changed our resservations from the motel 6 to hojo paying alittle more 25$ more a night but I have heard so many good things about this hotel. Can any one tell me about the 2dd bed room court yard view.
                        I think Dustysage stayed in one of those rooms during the 4th anniversary. Maybe he can chime in.
                        Charlie :wave:
                        MiceChat User #1037

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

                          Cool- I'm interested in staying here. I've only heard of this hotel at the 'HoJo', so I had no idea it actually meant 'Howard Johnson' hotel..lol! How long does the walk to the entrance of Disneyland take? Also, what prices did you get, if you have an Annual Pass? I may buy an AP, then book my hotel..since I saw they offer a better discount for pass holders.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

                            Yikes! The prices start over $100, and for the time period I want to visit (4/29-5/2), they only have one evening available...4/30. WTF? Is it booked up from the Food and wine festival? Guess I'll be going to priceline!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

                              Sorry Roxy There might be a convention or a cheerleading group at that time. I think the AP discount is 10% They also offer a MiceChat rate. The walk s maybe 10 minutes, door to bag check tents, maybe less. Oh and you can book the AP rate if you don't have an AP yet... you have to show it at check in, not when you resrve
                              Good morning, son
                              In twenty years from now
                              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                              And I can tell you 'bout today
                              And how I picked you up and everything changed
                              It was pain
                              Sunny days and rain
                              I knew you'd feel the same things...


                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

                                Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                                Sorry Roxy There might be a convention or a cheerleading group at that time. I think the AP discount is 10% They also offer a MiceChat rate. The walk s maybe 10 minutes, door to bag check tents, maybe less. Oh and you can book the AP rate if you don't have an AP yet... you have to show it at check in, not when you resrve
                                Thanks. According to the HoJo website, Micechatters get 15% off and AP's get 20% off. But even when I entered the AP code on their website, one night would cost over $100! I just cannot justify that price, especially since I'll be there for 2-3 nights. Oh well. I just need to figure out the ART system now that I got the Doubletree via Priceline.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

                                  I tried booking to, the price went to 149.00 so thats out of the question for us to. I wanted to stay here, but we did get the fairfield inn and its got some pretty awesome ratings to and we got that and park tickets for the same price as the howard johnson with out tickets would be. they have free internet access and if you stay there I was told kids eat for 99cents at milli's
                                  I hope to stay at the hojo some day !
                                  -------------------------------------------
                                  I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

                                    Originally posted by Mommyto4 View Post
                                    I tried booking to, the price went to 149.00 so thats out of the question for us to. I wanted to stay here, but we did get the fairfield inn and its got some pretty awesome ratings to and we got that and park tickets for the same price as the howard johnson with out tickets would be. they have free internet access and if you stay there I was told kids eat for 99cents at milli's
                                    I hope to stay at the hojo some day !
                                    Just in case you have the wrong impression the rule is something like; each child eats at 99cents only on kid's menu items, with each full paying adult, or something like that. Check the fine print, it's different sometimes for each promo. Last month's promo was;

                                    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
                                    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

                                      The entertainment book rate is the way to go with this hotel, you can look to see if your dates are available here:

                                      HojoAnaheim Innsider Boards • View topic - When is the Entertainment Rate available?

                                      We paid $59 for a deluxe 2 queens, our room had a balcony with a great view, a safe, microwave and fridge and I should mention by the way building 2 is considered the quiet building, you ask for a pool facing view. I acquired our rate a year in advance so it should have been $69 the rate went up this year. If you do find your dates are available then call the hotel directly and ask for in house reservations-- the website has been having issues lately. The rooms are huge and the staff exemplary.

                                      Bobby. RIP '95-2008

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Howard Johnson Anaheim Resort - Official MiceChat Partner Hotel

                                        Originally posted by 50sjayne View Post
                                        The entertainment book rate is the way to go with this hotel, you can look to see if your dates are available here:

                                        HojoAnaheim Innsider Boards • View topic - When is the Entertainment Rate available?

                                        We paid $59 for a deluxe 2 queens, our room had a balcony with a great view, a safe, microwave and fridge and I should mention by the way building 2 is considered the quiet building, you ask for a pool facing view. I acquired our rate a year in advance so it should have been $69 the rate went up this year. If you do find your dates are available then call the hotel directly and ask for in house reservations-- the website has been having issues lately. The rooms are huge and the staff exemplary.
                                        Awesome! I've never heard of this Entertainment book. The $69 price is still good. I'm paying $50 per night, plus $15 in fee's, and $11/per day for parking at the Doubletree. That adds up to $76 per night! Hmph. I would much rather stay at the HoJo, especially since it's so close.

                                        I wish I didn't already reserve my rooms via Priceline.

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X