This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Park Vue Inn

Last year my husband & I stayed at Fairfield, but we wanted to stay closer to DLR. We saw that Park Vue Inn is close, and was wondering if anyone wants to share their opinions? Much appreciated!
    [URL="http://www.mickeypath.com/"]

Re: Park Vue Inn

Trip Advisor has reviews:

Search results: Park Vue Inn - TripAdvisor

I've stayed there once myself for the MiceChat Anniverary meet of 07. I had no problems with it, except there was only one ice machine that took quarters or tokens. (I wrote a review for trip advisor at that time) But the last year they have been charging over $110 a night for the rooms, and as nice as the place is, its not any more special nor does it have any more amenities to warrant that kind of a price tag. There are other places close to Disneyland that have rooms equal to them, for less money.

If you could get a deal on the room for around $70-80 a night, I'd take it, but I wouldn't pay more than that, esp. since I've found rooms at the Quality Inn on Manchester for anywhere from $39-42 a night online.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

We've stayed there beofre and it was nice. Very close which was awesome. The breakfast was good, the rooms were clean and the pool wasn't bad. Honestly, we only use the hotel to sleep in as we don't go back in the middle of the day to rest or anything... but we did like the Park Vue.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Park Vue is a nice place but overpriced.

I personally recommend Anaheim Plaza Hotel because their rates are a little over half Park Vue Inn. It isn't worth it to me to spend double the money to save a 10 minutes off your walk. Don't take my word for it. The link below shows reviews on tripadvisor.
        When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.

Comment

I've stayed at the Anaheim Plaza twice. Yes, its an older property too, but the rooms that I stayed in were clean, they are very nice sized rooms, in fact the second time I stayed I had a very nice balcony with chairs. The staff has always been very helpful and friendly, and its still not a bad walk to the park.

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I stayed at the Park Vue once a couple of years ago, and now it's the ONLY place I go. I think it's actually pretty decently priced, especially considering its incredible proximity to the parks -- and I love the view from the breakfast nook. ;-) Space Mountain AND the Matterhorn, now THAT'S a view! Plus, I've always found the staff to be incredibly nice and last time I was there with my husband, we received an INCREDIBLE fruit basket that we enjoyed the whole time we were there.

I've stayed at a wide variety of other hotels there but this is always at the top of my list.

Comment

I appreciate the reviews from everyone regarding Park Vue. I do have another question. I bought the 2009 Unofficial Guide to Disneyland and it wasn't listed. I thought they were a "Good Neighbor Hotel"?

Comment

Over a week ago. I asked another question, and I didn't receive a response so I finally got my answer through another board.

Comment

Originally posted by katy621 View Post
                  Over a week ago. I asked another question, and I didn't receive a response so I finally got my answer through another board.
                  So what was the answer, since no one here knows?
                  Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
                  DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Comment

We stayed at the Park Vue last Sept. and while it is really convenient, we found it to be really dirty too. The bed covers, carpet and areas around door handles were filthy and the bath had mildew on the back of its door and on large area's of its ceiling.
                    We're going to try out the Tropicana next time. It seems to get better reviews here and its just as close.

Comment

Just stayed at the Park Vue Inn and I was impressed. The staff was nice and got the job done. The rooms were simple, clean, and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was sufficient to start the long day.
                      We booked on expedia and got the rooms for $80.00 a night, no problems.
                      We've stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, Best Western Park Place Inn, and the Park Vue. The Park Vue is a solid hotel, great location,and excellent staff. Based on our 5 day stay I'm very satisfied and will return.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                        Trip Advisor has reviews:
                        If you could get a deal on the room for around $70-80 a night, I'd take it, but I wouldn't pay more than that, esp. since I've found rooms at the Quality Inn on Manchester for anywhere from $39-42 a night online.
                        How are the rooms at the QI on Manchester? Can you walk to DL from there or do you have to take the shuttle? I've read conflicting reviews about the hotel everything from great to horrible. Have you stayed there?

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySuiteFreak View Post
                          How are the rooms at the QI on Manchester? Can you walk to DL from there or do you have to take the shuttle? I've read conflicting reviews about the hotel everything from great to horrible. Have you stayed there?
                          The room I stayed in (one queen bed), was small but adequate for me. The bed was super comfy, the staff was friendly and helpful, breakfast wasn't to bad. Standard stuff, but had waffles you could make. The room I had showed some moderate signs of age, but nothing that bothered me. It was clean and well stocked.

The only down side was it does sit right next to the 5 freeway, and you will get some noise. If you go in the summer and have to use the air I'm guessing that would block some of the noise. (I stayed in January)

Its just a bit further to the park than HoJo's since its basically right across the street from them. Its not a bad walk, but I got an ART pass and caught the ART bus over at HoJo's because I knew I'd be to tired to walk back at night. But if you do walk back the street is very well lit and felt safe.

Since I spend so little time in the room, I don't have a lot of requirements, and for the price I would stay there again. I got my best price by booking on easyclicktravel.com.

Some pics of my room:

Comment

penguinsoda, Thanks so much for the info and pictures! That doesn't look bad at all. For the price and the fact that you're hardly in the room, it looks very decent!
                            Thanks!

Comment

So is the fairfield that far away? We got reservations for a week there and Im hoping its not to far. I heard tell hojo was easy to get to, and the fairfield is father down from there. Is this going to be a long walk each night and day??
                              -------------------------------------------
                              I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X