Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anaheim Plaza Hotel

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anaheim Plaza Hotel

    Staying there for the first time next week. Any opinions for me?
    thanks


    sigpic
    and they lived happily ever after

  • #2
    Re: Anaheim Plaza Hotel

    I've stayed there twice, and if I got a good deal on a room I would stay there again.

    Its just a basic motel, not a lot of bells and whistles, but if all you need is a place to sleep its fine. Its one of the older motels in the area, but both times I stayed there the rooms were clean. The rooms are also very roomy. My second visit, I had a room with a nice balcony. First time the room did not have a microwave, but I didn't need it and I'm guessing that had I asked they would of found one to bring in.

    Granted, my requirements for rooms are pretty basic too. As long as I have a clean, comfortable bed and plenty of towels in a clean bathroom, we're good.

    The staff was always very friendly and helpful and answered any questions I had. The walk to the park isn't bad. Its a bit much at the end of the night if you're old like me, but I've always felt very safe walking up and down Harbor to get back to my room. Harbor is well lit and there is usually a lot of foot traffic from the park until after closing.




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Anaheim Plaza Hotel

      Just out of interest, their reservations system has been broken for me for some weeks now. I managed to get a quote through gtahotels.com, but their actual website just errors. Anyone know what's up?
      Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
      DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Anaheim Plaza Hotel

        When I booked with then I used Orbitz or Expedia.... I've never booked directly with them because usually I save a bit of money going through a travel site.




        Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


        Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Anaheim Plaza Hotel

          We've only stayed there once (bottom floor, 2 queen room), but I agree with Penguinsoda. The rooms were clean and a good size. The walk is a little longer than I like at the end of the day, but certainly doable.

          The shower next door woke us up every morning and the maid's cart was a bit annoying on the concrete seams. Otherwise it was great. We'd stay there again if I got a great rate. Of course, you have to take into account that I travel with teenagers on most occassions and we tend to do the commando thing in the park. They can sleep on my wood floor no problem so the comfort of the bed is a moot point. I was comfortable enough anyway.

          I just checked their online reservation system and it worked fine as far in as I went.

          Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.
          ***********************************



          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Anaheim Plaza Hotel

            Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
            When I booked with then I used Orbitz or Expedia.... I've never booked directly with them because usually I save a bit of money going through a travel site.
            gtahotels seem to have a price, but all the other websites I've tried say that there's no info available. Possibly because they use the same interface to get a quote?

            Originally posted by wvnative View Post
            ...I just checked their online reservation system and it worked fine as far in as I went.
            How far did you go? After I fill in the form with the dates and etc, after a long wait I get a big page of Java errors mostly concerning a time out

            "
            500

            ROOT CAUSE:
            com.seefusion.SeeFusionKillError: SeeFusion terminated request: Page Time at 50283ms >= limit of 50000ms (rule "latentpages")...
            And etcetera. I emailed them yesterday, see how long it takes for them to respond.
            Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
            DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Anaheim Plaza Hotel

              The gf and I stayed there june of 08. Like some of the other posters have said, roomy, inexpensive, nice little balcony but i have 2 gripes that would keep me from staying there again. The incosistent shower water....hot...cold. A swamp cooler in a somewhat humid place like anaheim is worthless.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Anaheim Plaza Hotel

                Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                I've stayed there twice, and if I got a good deal on a room I would stay there again.

                Its just a basic motel, not a lot of bells and whistles, but if all you need is a place to sleep its fine. Its one of the older motels in the area, but both times I stayed there the rooms were clean. The rooms are also very roomy. My second visit, I had a room with a nice balcony. First time the room did not have a microwave, but I didn't need it and I'm guessing that had I asked they would of found one to bring in.

                Granted, my requirements for rooms are pretty basic too. As long as I have a clean, comfortable bed and plenty of towels in a clean bathroom, we're good.

                The staff was always very friendly and helpful and answered any questions I had. The walk to the park isn't bad. Its a bit much at the end of the night if you're old like me, but I've always felt very safe walking up and down Harbor to get back to my room. Harbor is well lit and there is usually a lot of foot traffic from the park until after closing.
                This pretty much sums it up, I've stayed here many times and have always been pleased, my only disagreement with Pengy, is the walk to and from the park.
                It is only 1 stoplight from the main crosswalk, but then I'm only "kinda" old

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Anaheim Plaza Hotel

                  I swear by Anaheim Plaza. Low prices, short walk, friendly people, accomodating service. The restaurant has a well priced buffet, too.

                  I've stayed a few times and here's the info I've gathered:
                  1. If memory serves me correctly, there are only 2+/- ice machines in the hotel. Plan on a walk, or mention you'd like a room next to one of them while checking in. There may have also been mechanical problems with some ice machines bringing the number down....Anyone remember a low amount of ice machines???
                  2. Internet cost money. I don't know if you'll need it, but just a heads up.
                  3. Bring your own bottles of soda, liquor, water, etc. Hennessy was $55 a fifth and soda is about $2.50/ 20oz bottle. It's very convenient to bring an ice chest full of drinks and food.
                  4. All the rooms have refrigrators. My friends and I are still pretty young too, so we haven't developed the shame that stops us from buying a microwave from the local thrift shop and bringing it to the hotel with tupperwares of homemade spagghetti and a hot pocket. (The only time we ate at an actual restaurant was the last day over at Po' Folks.)
                  5. The smoking rooms by defualt have balconies.
                  6. The lobby has pool. Place your bets on the walk back from the park.
                  7. Like others have mentioned, it is a basic hotel. No bells and whistles, but it is still a great value. I guess you could say, Anaheim plaza provides the vaseline needed to walk across the street........

                  -Dizz
                  Download my EP: Dizz Presents The Free EP

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Anaheim Plaza Hotel

                    Originally posted by monotonehell View Post
                    How far did you go? After I fill in the form with the dates and etc, after a long wait I get a big page of Java errors mostly concerning a time out

                    "And etcetera. I emailed them yesterday, see how long it takes for them to respond.
                    I checked availability and chose a room. It took me right to the page to enter my personal info.

                    Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.
                    ***********************************



                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Anaheim Plaza Hotel

                      Originally posted by wvnative View Post
                      I checked availability and chose a room. It took me right to the page to enter my personal info.
                      I've worked out what's going on.

                      Anything more than 10 nights and their server times out. Since I want to stay 13 nights...

                      Two days and no response to my email.
                      Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
                      DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Anaheim Plaza Hotel

                        thanks for all the opinions guys

                        i wanted to make sure it wasnt a horrible place or anything. We arent looking for anything but a place to relax at in the end of the day, so it sounds perfect! Plus it doesnt hurt that theres a big pool there and my husband loves to swim!

                        if bells and whistels were on the agenda the Disney hotels would definitely be on the roster!

                        and the walk isnt that bad! Last time we stayed at the Jolly Roger and that wasnt even too big a deal. Our usual hotel is the Tropicana but we dont have too much cash this trip so we wanted to find cheaper but still close.

                        Woo, Happy Graduation to me!!!! :smart:


                        sigpic
                        and they lived happily ever after

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Anaheim Plaza Hotel

                          Well it'll be a week soon and still no response from my email.

                          Their website definitely fails when trying to book a reservation over 10 days, and no one's responding to my email (or it's been mistaken for spam?). And the only accommodation website that seems to recognise that they're still in business is gtahotels.com.

                          A bit annoying since I'd like to take Pengy's recommendation. Oh well if I can't get through I'll just have to book elsewhere, not like they're the only hotel in the area.

                          Originally posted by monotonehell View Post
                          Just out of interest, their reservations system has been broken for me for some weeks now. I managed to get a quote through gtahotels.com, but their actual website just errors. Anyone know what's up?
                          Originally posted by monotonehell View Post
                          gtahotels seem to have a price, but all the other websites I've tried say that there's no info available. Possibly because they use the same interface to get a quote?
                          How far did you go? After I fill in the form with the dates and etc, after a long wait I get a big page of Java errors mostly concerning a time out
                          "And etcetera. I emailed them yesterday, see how long it takes for them to respond.
                          Originally posted by monotonehell View Post
                          I've worked out what's going on.
                          Anything more than 10 nights and their server times out. Since I want to stay 13 nights...
                          Two days and no response to my email.
                          Last edited by monotonehell; 03-09-2009, 03:14 AM.
                          Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
                          DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

                          Comment

                          Ad Widget

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X