This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is a fridge possible with priceline

I am going to Disneyland in three weeks with two friends of mine. I had planned to use priceline, but one of them is an insulin dependent diabetic.

Has anyone been able to rent a fridge when getting a priceline room after getting to the hotel? Some of the rooms I've gotten with priceline have had them and some haven't.

Thanks in advanced.
    It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

Re: Is a fridge possible with priceline

You should call the hotel now and let them know that you need a fridge. It should be dependent on whether or not the hotel offers them. It should not matter what you are paying or how you booked the room. You are entitled to a fridge as much (if not more in the case) as the next guest. The only exception being, is if the hotel offers fridges only in upgraded rooms or suites. But even then, they often have portable fridges they can place in a standard room.

Comment

It would depend on the indivual hotel. If they offer them, then you should be able to get one.

We used Priceline once to stay at the Holiday Inn Suites next to the Park during a NAMM convention and we were able to get one. We also signed up for their Priority Club Rewards program (upon check-in at their request) and got a free roll-away and comped breakfasts.

Our experience with PL hotels is that if they offer to their own guests, it is available to PL guests as well.

The Hyatt let us upgrade to a family suite twice now for only $30 more per night and that was with the $50 PL rate. Such a deal!

Good luck!

Comment

yes you can call the hotel and inquire whether the room your going to go in have a fridge..
        just do what you think...

Comment

And if you can't get a fridge, every hotel I've EVER gone to has free ice and ice makers. And a good sized ice chest is No Charge, you just bring it from home and keep it full. I always do it when I travel. If you are flying, use a "Lunchbox" sized ice chest, you just have to drain the melt water and refill the ice more often.

Bring a Tupperware bowl for the medicinals that you can bury under the ice and keep the water out, and it will hold a nice constant 35 - 40F that you need. Even works through power failures, good for a day or two...

If you don't want any arguments from the Front Desk or any Maids messing with it, print out a simple sign for the lid - "WARNING: Medical Supplies, Do Not Tamper" Must be kept refrigerated at all times, yatta yatta yatta. Just don't overdo it and make "Danger! or "Bio-Hazard! claims, or they'll call Hazmat out on you.

Or you can buy a cheap hasp and padlock for the lid - won't keep anyone truly determined out of a plastic ice chest (they'll just crack the hinges,...), but you can see that it's been tampered with and check the contents much closer.

Sodas bought at the market are around $0.25 each, a LOT less than the $1 each they get from the vending machines. And there are no Milk or Orange Juice vending machines around...

--<< Bruce >>--
          There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Most hotels have a stock of fridges that can be brought to your room if you need it for medical reasons (IE. insulin) I have never stayed at a hotel that could not provide me with a fridge. Even Disney at WDW in the values who don't have fridges in the room will supply you with one of you have a medical reason for it, free of charge. Just need to tell them.
            Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I used Priceline for a trip in a few weeks and we got a fridge for medical reasons. Depends upon whether or not the hotel has them to give, and, luckily, ours does. Hope you are able to get one.

Comment

Thanks everyone!!

I got the Holiday Inn Anaheim resort. Although it doesn't say it under the amenities, several revues for the place mention fridges come with the room, so at least I know there's a good chance they are available.

We are bringing an ice chest just in case.
                It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.

Comment

If you use Hotwire, a similar type of Hotel Purchase website, you get to see the actual amenties of the specific hotel (without the actual name), so you would know for sure that you were getting a fridge.

Hotwire also doesn't require bidding. They set the low price and you get to decide if it is a good deal or not.
                  Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X