This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Resort Area Hotels

I need some advise. I want to stay in the area of the resort with my wife to "celebrate" (like how I used the new buzz word) our 8th Wedding Anniversary. I'm need recommendations for hotels in the area that my wife will enjoy some ammenities, without staying on Disney Property. I'm familiar with the area but not with the hotels. Any knowledge that you can share would be helpful.

Re: Resort Area Hotels

I have stayed at BW Park Place Inn and HOJOS and I think your wife will like HOJOS. It has a great pool and hot tub to use. We also get the Disney View rooms because of the great new mattresses and bedding in Building 1 (very comfy)

Comment

I guess the kind of hotel you're looking for depends on your budget. I've stayed at the Hilton across from DCA a few times and it's pretty nice, although parking is kind of expensive. I've heard good things about the Howard Johnson, too.

Comment

fairfield, free parking and close to the park real comfy beds to !( free internet to )
        -------------------------------------------
        I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

Comment

Looking for upscale, the Hyatt at Harbor and Chapman is highly rated with lots of things, like room service, Valet Parking, Bell Hops, etc.

The hotels mentioned above are not 4 star properties. I still like them, especially HoJo's, but you are giving up something for a better price.
          Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

The Hyatt also has free, quality shuttles to the Park.

It's worth a few bucks more to not have to rely on the terrible ART system.

Also, Priceline deals for the Hyatt usually come in at $50/night. Of course there are no guarantee's that you'll get the Hyatt, but more times than not that has been our experience.

Alternates to the Hyatt that we have "won" on PL are the Doubletree, the Marriott and the Hilton. Three and a half stars request level.

Comment

Thanks guys, i'll look into the one's you've mentioned.

Comment

I'll go with HOJOS...definitely worth taking her.Good luck on your trip and Happy anniversary.

Comment

The Hojos and Annabella are the goto off property hotels for us. They are great at service, we've never had a problem with rooms or inconvenience, etc.

They both also offer MiceChat discounts!
                  It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

Just to add to the list here last time we were down at the resort we stayed at the Del Sol on Harbor Blvd. It is located right behind the Denny's.
                    Okay, it's not a palace, but it wasn't bad. The rooms were decent size. The pool looked ok. They had a little breakfast room with cereal, toast, juice, oranges, etc. Wifi was available but we didn't use it. It was quiet. The staff seemed very nice. I think the average cost was about $120.00 a night or something like that.
                    I was happy enough that I would stay again, but I'm the kind of person who just wants a place to store his stuff and lay his head down at night.

Comment

I heard a lot about BW Park Place Inn and HOJOS and I think your wife will like HOJOS.
                      Best Corfu Hotel, Pelion hotel

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X