This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Kidds

I've read some not-so-favorable reviews of Captain Kidd. Is the food really that terrible?
    [URL="http://www.mickeypath.com/"]

Re: Captain Kidds

I was there on my last trip about a month or so ago, and for the price its not too bad. I had the buffet and id say its a step down from hometown buffet. but if your looking for an all you can eat at a cheap price, cant beat it.

Comment

When I stay at the Best Western next door I get free breakfast passes to CKs. I usually get a donut or 2 and something to drink before heading over to wait for the gates to open. Other than that i have never eaten there.

Comment

yikes. we stay clear of that place. the food is terrible !!
        -------------------------------------------
        I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

Comment

Originally posted by katy621 View Post
          I've read some not-so-favorable reviews of Captain Kidd. Is the food really that terrible?
          YES!!! I have heard of MANY folks getting Food poisoning from Captain Kidd's! It is one place I would seriously avoid.

In the same area, Mimi's Cafe, McDonald's, Quizno's and others are much better choices.
          Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Since the refurbishment, I would highly suggest going to McDonalds. Captain Kidd's is terrible.

Comment

On my last trip down to the resort, my family and I were heading out of DCA for lunch. We tried to decide if we should go to Cap. Kidds or the Tony Romas a block south. Because my grandparents couldn't stop arguing on where to go, and because the buffet was closer we went to the former, only to quickly leave and just walk down to the latter. All I have to say is that if a Restaurant has a wierd smell, poor lighting, an arrow-sign holder person out front, and gives out coupons to nearby hotels, then you know that it's bad.
              Please...don't call me simmer, call me Mike Folf.
              I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanis Califius, otherwise known as a Californian Folf.

"Cool shades, Mike!"

Art Tweet Comic Tube

Comment

This is so interesting; when my roomie's family visited and went to the DLR for the day, they ate at Capt. Kidd's and gave it a great review for the variety and price. They didn't mention at all that the food was bad (that could've been because it was a mom with two teenage / young adult sons who eat like horses). It is one of the few restaurants within walking distance that is cheaper than eating in the park, for me and my sister.
                I'll have no problem steering clear though. I'll certainly take your word for it.

I wouldn't eat at Mimi's either though. A friend is a waitress there, and she warned me to never eat at a Mimis, and said most of their food is microwaved. If I want diner food, I'm more likely to head to IHOP! (The one a few blocks down Harbor is cheaper than the one by the park, though!)
                "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

Check out the health department on them. They may be cheap but not worth it and there are nothing but bad reviews for them.

Food Protection Program - Food Facility Inspection Details

7/28/2008
                  Check out that one for some digusting stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by twobluestripes View Post

I wouldn't eat at Mimi's either though. A friend is a waitress there, and she warned me to never eat at a Mimis, and said most of their food is microwaved. If I want diner food, I'm more likely to head to IHOP! (The one a few blocks down Harbor is cheaper than the one by the park, though!)
                    Atleast Mimi's food taste delicious.

Comment

I've heard that breakfast at Captain Kidd's isn't too bad - we made the mistake of eating lunch - the food looked and tasted like it had been under the heating lamps way too long. It was greasy and nasty.

I love Mimi's. My kids can get breakfast anytime - I love their chinese chicken salad. We've always had great service there.
                      sigpic
                      Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

We didn't like it there. The food wasn't very good and we felt it was dirty. They were super busy and the service sucked.

Comment

We tried breakfast there 1 time and lunch there on a different trip. We will never eat there again, neither time was a good dining experience, mainly due to bad food

Comment

We went to Mimi's last year, so we'll probably stick to that one, we found the food to be ok. Since my DH & I are staying at the Park Place Inn, we thought we would try something different. Those bad reviews certainly changed my mind especially from the OC Health Dept. Yuck!
                            [URL="http://www.mickeypath.com/"]

Comment

From a business standpoint I would think the owners would want to read things like this in order to hopefully make corrections. If the "locals" won't bother eating there then they really have a problem in a recession... sometimes the price doesn't matter.
                              "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X