• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StrikeYerColors
    A Weather Eye Open
    • Mar 2007

Fire + Ice Grill and Bar in GardenWalk

So this new restaurant is opening; I checked out their website (fire-ice.com) and it seems intriguing. It is a franchise chain, but there doesn't seem to be more than a handful of locations, and they're spread out all over the country.
    The concept is interesting. It's a "fast-casual" type sit down place, and seems to be an Americanized riff on the mongolian BBQ method, with the stirfry bowls that you fill yourself, and then have a fry cook fry them up for you on a giant grill.
    Don't know what prices will be like yet. They also have a full bar with cocktails, and serve desserts and such.
    I think the name's kind of a funny name for a grill.
    Anyone tried this restaurant in one of their other locations? Or just check out the restaurant and share your thoughts? I'm kind of excited about it; it seems affordable, and like a little something different than the big chains or the cheap diners around.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• gRuMpEe
    My liver hurts!
    • Oct 2007

Re: Fire + Ice Grill and Bar in GardenWalk

This is similar to

Great Khans

which you find at almost every mall.
    Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear
    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

Comment

• spunkymonkey
      Yeah...I'm cool
      • May 2006

went to the one in Taho in Feb and loved it. I love mongolian BBQ, but its so much more, w/ all there sauces and meat selections. I asked if they had any type of bread and t he brought me Tortillas!!!!! I eat everything w/ tortillas!

I really enjoyed this place, but it is a little loud.
      spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

Comment

• PinBrian
        • Sep 2005

There used to be one in my hometown of Livermore, CA. I went there once with an old friend before it shut down.

My impressions:

Food selection was nice, as was the sauce selection. It was VERY loud in the restaurant. Not cheap, but not too expensive. At least you could do all you can eat. (Which is something all the Mongolian places here in the Sac area are moving away from, and charging 9 bucks a bowl.)

Drinks were over-priced and the bartender didn't seem to really know her stuff. My margarita seemed to be 90% mix, 5% booze and 5% water. Not very good.

If you have never done Mongolian BBQ I would check it out. However if you have a very good Mongolian BBQ place near you that you like, one may be a little disappointed.

Comment

• Disney Magic
          • Apr 2006

I didn't know they had opened a few more locations, they got started nearby in Harvard Square. Great restaurant, I have been to the Cambridge (original location) Boston and Providence locations and never been disappointed. Hopefully you all will have the same experiences there. The combinations you can create are endless and every meal I ever had there was fantastic. Definatly check it out when it opens, I really doubt you will regret it!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

• StrikeYerColors
            A Weather Eye Open
            • Mar 2007

Yeah, there's a Great Khan's nearby in the Santa Ana Mainplace Mall (a great mall, btw) and I've tried it. I liked it! But if I'm going out to eat, I don't usually want to go to the mall, haha. This place sounds like it could be really good.
            "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

• DLR29
              • Jul 2006

I've been to two Fire + Ice restaurants and I really like them. First of all, I love the Mongolian BBQs at the malls, but F+I is better because you have so many more options of sauces, meats, vegetables, even entrees. You can get a burger if you want at F+I or pasta, or just plain meat with sauce. I like how you can get however much you want and whatever you want.
              Love WoC!!!

Next DL trip: August 2011

"What do you mean we can't get rid of those weeds in time? Then go over there and put some fancy signs with Latin names in front of them."
              -Walt Disney

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X