Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

Anyone try 2 or 2 1/2 stars at Priceline lately?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone try 2 or 2 1/2 stars at Priceline lately?

We just came back from a great trip, but I need to go back for a trade show in 2 weeks, so I realy dont want to spring for a lot of $$. I know the 31/2 star hotels look great, but I dont wantto pay extra $$ for parking and resort fees. I see that the Towneplace Suites and the Hojo are listed as 2 or 2 1/2 stars, and both of those are great!
    Just wondering what people have come up with lately, and what you should bid on the lower star hotels...
    Happy 4th!!

Re: Anyone try 2 or 2 1/2 stars at Priceline lately?

$40 to $55/night for a 3 1/2 star hotel (Hyatt, Doubletree, Crown Plaza, Marriott and the Hilton) is not out of line, even if the Resort fee is added to it.

I know we have never used Priceline for anything less than 3 1/2 stars with a starting "bid" of $40 and always end up with one of the above listed hotels in that price range.

It just isn't worth the risk...

Good luck!

Comment

While I enjoy the 3.5 star hotels, I also felt like trying a lower-tiered hotel to avoid the various fees. I tried bidding for 3 stars in an effort to get the Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort. Based on the threads at BetterBidding and BiddingforTravel, it was highly probable that a winning bid for a 3 star hotel would be this one.

Success! I won a two-night stay at the Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort (on Manchester) for $39/night. The best thing: no resort fees, free parking, and free internet. You only pay the final total that you see on your PL bid (which shows taxes). I know it's not a 2 or 2.5 stars like you asked, but it's a pretty nice hotel and the free parking and internet really helps keep the grand total pretty low. :thumbup:

Comment

cool!! I think I will try that!! thanks so much for the info!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X