• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Malin
    MiceChatter
    • Jan 2005

[Question] Blue Bayou

I have made a priority seating for lunch at the Blue Bayou. Has anyone eaten here before and was it a good meal. Also anything off the menu you recommend?
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• TheGlassSlipper
    MiceChatter
    • May 2009

Re: Blue Bayou

I've been there once, I believe I had some sort of Roast Beef, I really enjoyed it. The atomsphere really makes it more enjoyable and romantic.

Comment

• disneyfan07
      Banned User
      • Dec 2005

they indeed have great food. the lunch items I have ordered are the tesoro island chicken, the prime rib, and the filet. (all three are good, good, and good . each entree comes with your choice of wedge salad or gumbo (though I like both salads and soups, I am really not a salad fella when I go out to eat so I ask for the gumbo, which is always good.), dinner roll, I believe the drink is separate, but I might be wrong. its a little pricey, but the food like I said is great and the atmosphere, fun . in fact, its kinda funny, for the longest time untill my first time of eating at the blue bayou I thought the restaurant was just part of the pirates attraction and that the customers and the waiters/waitresses were a.a.'s

Comment

• OldSchoolMickey
        MiceChatter
        • Sep 2008

^^^^^^

The Wedge Salad is history.

It's a Chopped Salad now.

We enjoy about 6 to 8 meals at the BB per year.

We have only been disappointed once and they took care of the situation immediately and to our satisfaction.

Check out their dinner menu here:

Blue Bayou Dinner Menu -- Disneyland

For lunch, the Monte Cristo is yummy!

Pick out what YOU like and go for it!

You won't be disappointed!

If you are celebrating a special occassion, let your server know and you will be treated to a nice surprise!

Bon Apetite!

Comment

• loveberri87
          MiceChatter
          • Nov 2007

ate there only once for lunch. Had the short ribs, it was totally worth it and delicious. Had the gumbo for an appetizer, that was good too, but the portion was smaller than I thought it'd be. Have fun!

"How do I depreciate this rock?"

Comment

• tomrules1955
            Here's my 2 cents
            • Feb 2009

I'm not a fan of the BB anymore, last meal we had was in May and was dissappointed. BTW stay away from the jambalaya, mine was all rice and no seafood. averaged $75pp...too expensive just for "atmosphere". Spend a bit more and you can have an EXCELLENT meal at the Napa Rose.
            sigpicI reject your reality and substitute my own

Comment

• LLCMC
              The Dudester
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by tomrules1955 View Post
              I'm not a fan of the BB anymore, last meal we had was in May and was dissappointed. BTW stay away from the jambalaya, mine was all rice and no seafood. averaged $75pp...too expensive just for "atmosphere". Spend a bit more and you can have an EXCELLENT meal at the Napa Rose.
              $75 PER PERSON?! What the eff did you order? LOL. My bill for two was no more than $45.

Comment

• tomrules1955
                Here's my 2 cents
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by LLCMC View Post
                $75 PER PERSON?! What the eff did you order? LOL. My bill for two was no more than $45.
                sorry s/b $55pp for the BB (including tip, that was not deserved) near $75pp for the Napa rose (incuding tip that was WELL deserved)
                sigpicI reject your reality and substitute my own

Comment

• HalloweentownAlice
                  Doesn't get enough Disney
                  • Sep 2008

I had a really enjoyable experience this past Thursday at the BB when I took my dad out to dinner.

Our PS was for 5:20 pm, but we showed up at 5:00 and requested a waterside table. The hostess told us there 20-30 min wait, so we stuck it out, and were seated at 5:15, 5 min before our PS. We were about the third table in from the left side, not directly in the middle, but we could see the boats and loading area without being distracted by them.

I had the short ribs, my father had the Tesora Island Chicken, both were fabulous and delicious. The BB potatoes and veggies (white asparagas and brocolli) were very tasty. My dad thoroughly enjoyed the chopped salad, and my gumbo was very good (though the rice was still slightly crunchy). They give you a bowl of warm, very delicious dinner rolls, and to finish our meal off we had the Flying Dutchman Cookie Boat.

The only disappointment I had all evening was the cookie boat no longer (or wasn't that evening) comes with the sugar mast/sail.

It came to just under $40 pp, plus a nice tip for our waiter, who was very attentive (although part of that was rushing us through to make room for more people/tables).

Il faut payer de sa vie.

Comment

• dfan07
                    Johnny and Me!
                    • May 2007

We were there for my son's birthday. I don't know if it is always like this, but we had a waterside table and enjoyed interacting with the people on the POTC boats going by. I told one boatload that it was his b-day and the entire boat broke out in a chorus of "Happy Birthday"! It made his day!

Comment

• DeathDealer
                      MiceChatter
                      • Nov 2007

The Napa Rose has awesome food but the BB is probably the coolest restaurant around bar none. decisions decisions
                      Paid Disneyland Poster

Comment

• SnorkletsMom
                        I see mouse people
                        • Mar 2008

If you can afford it, do it. The atmosphere is fabulous and you'll always remember it. The Monte Cristo is good, but only available at lunch. I usually get the Tesoro Island chicken, it's also good. The food isn't the best you'll ever have, but the atmosphere is and you'll still have a great time.
                        Be sure and ask for a waterside table. They will tell you it's a long wait, but stick to it, the wait really is never as long as they say. :-)

Comment

• my7dwarves
                          sleepy lagoon
                          • Jul 2009

We have eaten there lately for lunch and it was delicious!! I had the Monte Cristo sandwich with the potatoes (YUM!) and the chicken gumbo soup (also YUM!). I thought the food was awesome... but it IS pricey. Well, worth it though, for the ambiance and to celebrate special occasions.

Comment

• richqrp
                            New MiceChatter
                            • Jun 2009

i always get the roast beef and the kids like the chicken... its all good !!

Comment

• Radiobarry
                              Angel Fan MC Man
                              • Apr 2005

Originally posted by DeathDealer View Post
                              The Napa Rose has awesome food but the BB is probably the coolest restaurant around bar none. decisions decisions
                              The Bayou may have the coolest atmosphere of any restaurant in the resort. But comparing the food quality to the Napa Rose? Please. Not even close, hands down to the NR.

But again, as I've said, I have always found the Blue Bayou to be overrated.
                              God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

• littleactressann
                                Future Tinkerbell!
                                • Aug 2009

I ate there a while ago, and I liked the food, but it was nothing special. I mostly enjoyed the atmosphere and waving to all the passing boats (we were lucky enough to get a waterside table, though we didn't ask). You will enjoy the atmosphere more than anything! Oh, and the Mint Julius is a good drink, I got the non-alchool one. Have fun!

Nous sommes tous fous ici
                                What do ya wanna know? http://formspring.me/littleactress
                                I be bloggin' Tumblr

Comment

• loveberri87
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Nov 2007

^I think you mean the mint julip?

"How do I depreciate this rock?"

Comment

• OHSNAPiTSEG
                                    Imagineer that!
                                    • Sep 2009

Just to chime in --

Food there was amazing. I had the salmon with beurre blanc and salad, and it was terrific. My girlfriend had ... I think it was the Tesoro chicken. Could be wrong. But I'm right in saying she was delighted with her meal and the experience .

It's worth the occasional splurge for the food, atmosphere, and service .

Hope you enjoy your trip, and let me know how it goes.

Comment

• Cuddles McHenry
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Jun 2008

I ate there for dinner Mon August 17th. The atmostphere was the best thing about our experience. Our server was a bit overwhelmed , not terribly attentive and slightly snotty with our requests, which weren't anything extraordinary.
                                      Two sodas, two entrees ( Jambalaya and Blackened Cajun Salmon) which werent terrbile but not worth the 71.00 tab. I most likely would never eat there again.

Comment

• DisneyDiana
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Sep 2009

Are there any vegetarian options at the Blue Bayou?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X