Swimming in January--Very Comfortable Hotels??

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rainy114
    New MiceChatter
    • Sep 2009

Swimming in January--Very Comfortable Hotels??

We are taking our 5 year old and infant to Disneyland in January. I am interested in a very comfortable hotel, because we will spend time at the hotel. I was thinking that a hotel with a fridge/microwave would be important. In addition, what about outdoor swimming in January. Too cold? Should I seek a hotel with an indoor pool?

I would love any suggestions for VERY comfortable hotels with mini fridge and a microwave. Any ideas on swimming for small children is very much appreciated.

I must say trip planning is so much harder with small kids in tow. : )
  • penguinsoda
    Jester of Randomness
    MiceChat Moderator
    • Jan 2005

Re: Swimming in January--Very Comfortable Hotels??

Howard Johnson has great family rooms for kids! They also have the Castaway Cove water play area for kids and families. Best of all, they offer a 15% discount to MiceChatters!!

As for the weather... January can be hit or miss. Usually its very cool, but I've been in Anaheim in January when the temps have been pushing 80 degrees. There's no way to know in advance exactly what the weather will be like.

As for indoor pools, I'm not sure which motels in the area have them. Perhaps someone else has that info.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

• rainy114
      New MiceChatter
      • Sep 2009

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate knowing that there is a huge variance in the weather. We will really pay attention to the weather reports.

Comment

• NeverNeverland
        Where should we go next?

• Apr 2005

REALLY comfy hotels wolud be like the Hyatt.
        Good morning, son
        In twenty years from now
        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
        And I can tell you 'bout today
        And how I picked you up and everything changed
        It was pain
        Sunny days and rain
        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

• sleepyjeff
          Spree Candy
          • Jan 2005

The Big Hilton next to the convention center has both indoor and outdoor pools.
          Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
            Beach Expert
            • Sep 2006

I always have a hoot and a holler walking near the GCH or DLR in the winter and watching all the people in the pool. It's FREEZING and they're all frolicking in there like it's 95 degrees outside!

I'm not an expert when it comes to Anaheim hotels. I do know that my company had a Christmas Party one year at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Irvine and they had an indoor pool there.

So there's another option if you want to compare prices.

Comment

• OldSchoolMickey
              MiceChatter
              • Sep 2008

Most of the quality hotels near the Parks have heated pools. Our kids always enjoy swimming in the Never Land Pool during our trips in December.

Comment

• SCUBAbe
                no flash photography...
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
                I always have a hoot and a holler walking near the GCH or DLR in the winter and watching all the people in the pool. It's FREEZING and they're all frolicking in there like it's 95 degrees outside!
                I always figure they are from really cold states. What we think is cold is probably like summer temps to them...

Comment

• DreamsTFVolunteer
                  New MiceChatter
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by SCU[URL="http://micechat.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1055607880"
                  MiceChat - Reply to Topic[/URL]BAbe;1055607880]I always figure they are from really cold states. What we think is cold is probably like summer temps to them...
                  We are planning to go to Disney in February from Canada. As long as it is above about 60F, we will be wearing shorts, and going to a (heated) outdoor pool. When we went to Vegas last New Years, it was about 55F and we were the only ones in shorts and no jacket, everyone else was in woolen hats and gloves. Temperatures at home around that time would be between -22F and 14F.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X