This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] DLR Area Question

Something that my wife and I have noticed on our frequent visits to the Disneyland Resort District is that no retailer sells California Lotto tickets. You can buy alcohol at many locations within the district but no Lotto. Has the district been deemed a "no lotto" area by Anaheim?

Re: DLR Area Question

I would imagine Disney decreed no lotto tickets sold in that area. Not fitting with the 'image' or some such thing.

Comment

It is gambling. You can always walk to a Liquor Store in the Resort area if you HAVE to have some.
      Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
      it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy View Post
        It is gambling. You can always walk to a Liquor Store in the Resort area if you HAVE to have some.
        :lmao:I love the HAVE to have some. I would have never thought about buying a lotto ticket when going to the park. I think one of my college professors summed it up best, "The lottery, tax for the poor."

BTW, I don't know if it is really a Disney policy more than a supply demand thing. I can understand people wanting a beer or wine while visiting the park, but how many times does someone go, "Let's get a Fastpass for Space Mountain then we can use the extra time playing the lotto."
        Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

So does anyone really have any money left for lotto after visiting DLR?

I think not!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

They sell lottery tickets inside USH. So maybe that's why the OP is asking.

Comment

I think the closest place to the DLR to buy California Lottery Tickets is at the 7-11 on the corner of Katella and Harbor.

And yes, Universal Studios Hollywood does sell CA Lottery tickets at the gift shop just inside the Main Entrance. Right side next to Guest Relations.
              Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

That 7-11 doesn't sell tickets, we've checked. According to the state's website the nearest sales site is on other side of Interstate 5. The reason for the querry is that we are often up in the resort district for reasons other than going to the park (blasphamy, I know) and it was one of things we noticed. We surmised that the city had to have put in place an ordinance prohibiting the sale of Lotto tickets within the district (which I imagine the state isn't too happy about, but apparently it's legal). We were just unable to confirm that fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                  That 7-11 doesn't sell tickets, we've checked. According to the state's website the nearest sales site is on other side of Interstate 5.
                  Actually, it does. I buy mine there. There is also one inside the gift shop at Park Vue (it might have closed.)

According to the Lottery website, here are some locations that sell lotto tickets close to Disneyland:

7-ELEVEN 2174-19200A 101 W KATELLA AV ANAHEIM 92802 (Thats the 7/11 we are talking about.)
                  CHEVRON # 1984 100 E KATELLA AVE ANAHEIM 92802
                  They are catty corner from each other.
                  Last edited by Malcon10t; 10-03-2009, 09:43 AM.
                  If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                    That 7-11 doesn't sell tickets, we've checked. According to the state's website the nearest sales site is on other side of Interstate 5. The reason for the querry is that we are often up in the resort district for reasons other than going to the park (blasphamy, I know) and it was one of things we noticed. We surmised that the city had to have put in place an ordinance prohibiting the sale of Lotto tickets within the district (which I imagine the state isn't too happy about, but apparently it's legal). We were just unable to confirm that fact.
                    I'm always in the area for reasons other than going to the park. Imagine the torture for kids. When I was little I would go with my mom on errands and sometimes it would take us near DL. And I would be begging and pleading to go to DL whenever I noticed we got near, but she never caved in once. (this was way before AP's). And I remember in elementary school we went on a field trip to Melodyland and the whole bus was screaming, "Turn left! Turn left!" (into the Disneyland parking lot). And as the bus made its right-hand turn into Melodyland, there was a collective, "Aghhh!!!"

Now it is work-related things that sometimes get me up in that area.

When you are a local to the park the area surrounding it quickly becomes quite mundane. Sometimes I really have to work hard to remember what it was like as a kid...

Comment

According to the Lottery website, there is a lotto retailer in the Tropicana Motel in their Mickey and Me gift shop, and also in the liquor store Spirit's of St Germaine at 1770 S Harbor (looks like next to Castle Inn and Suites.)
                      If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X