This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Rather odd question

This sounds a bit odd of a request, but does anybody know if there is a three-dimensional three-sided pyramid in Disneyland or Anaheim itself? Three-sided, please. I'm required to shoot one for a visual design class and I'm heading down to the parks tomorrow.

Any suggestions would be very welcome, thanks!...

Re: Rather odd question

Not a pyramid, but there is an interesting cube, you might drive south on I-5 to Santa Ana, to check out the Discovery Science Center, also known as the Taco Bell Science Center, known informally as "the cube."

http://www.townsendpa.com/images/dsclegacy.jpg
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 10-19-2009, 05:03 PM. Reason: hotlinked picture removed

Comment

I don't know of one in the park, or in Anaheim. In Long Beach, CSULB has 'the pyramid' but it's 4-sided.

Comment

Originally posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
        I don't know of one in the park, or in Anaheim. In Long Beach, CSULB has 'the pyramid' but it's 4-sided.
        Yeah, this one tripped a lot of people up. This might be the most unfair assignment I've ever had, as the professor didn't even know where one exists nearby.

I was thinking of the bottom of the Space Mountain marquee, which now has the Ghost Galaxy signage creating a pseudo-three-sided pyramid, but I have an inkling that it won't count.

Thanks for your input! Any other suggestions?

Comment

Maybe the tops of the TSMM facade have three-sided pyramids on them? I'm not sure...

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
          HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
          ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
          FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

In truth, if you asked my 8th graders this, they would tell you that there is no such thing as a three faced pyramid since the bottom counts as a face. Pyramids are platonic solids so the sides are really the line segments where the faces come together. A triangular pyramid has four faces and six sides.

I know that isn't going to help, but my 8th graders would want me to mention it

BTW: They could be totally off here

Comment

the top of the cube is a three-sided pyramid .

it just has the lower portion of the base cut off.

Comment

http://www.valdostamuseum.org/hamsmith/GP3face.gif

r u looking for something like this????????

if u are theres a good place to find one of these!!!

EGYPT!!!!!!!!!!!
                (no rudeness or sarcasm intended)
                Last edited by NeverNeverland; 10-19-2009, 05:05 PM. Reason: hotlinked photo removed
                So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

OMG THE CASTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE PILLAR IN MY SIG PIC IS A PYRAMID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  THIS PART OF THE CASTLE RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!!!!! THE ONE CLOSEST TO THE FACE!

find this part of the castle and zoom in as much as possible. hope this help!!!!!!
                  Last edited by PerformerInWaiting; 10-18-2009, 05:38 PM.
                  So after 2 full days in a row of walking around disneyland and a four hour practice, I finally understand why my doctor told me to take it easy on my knee I still cant wait to do it again

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

Originally posted by PerformerInWaiting View Post
                    OMG THE CASTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE PILLAR IN MY SIG PIC IS A PYRAMID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    THIS PART OF THE CASTLE RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!!!!! THE ONE CLOSEST TO THE FACE!

find this part of the castle and zoom in as much as possible. hope this help!!!!!!
                    nope, the roof has 4 sides, the OP needs something like that with 3 sides.

Comment

Originally posted by gary94080 View Post
                      nope, the roof has 4 sides, the OP needs something like that with 3 sides.
                      Oh man ur right dang I thought it was 3 sided
                      Last edited by PerformerInWaiting; 10-18-2009, 06:16 PM.

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

Originally posted by emitopher View Post
                        In truth, if you asked my 8th graders this, they would tell you that there is no such thing as a three faced pyramid since the bottom counts as a face. Pyramids are platonic solids so the sides are really the line segments where the faces come together. A triangular pyramid has four faces and six sides.

I know that isn't going to help, but my 8th graders would want me to mention it

BTW: They could be totally off here
                        Tell that to my visual design teacher.

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I'm going to be gutsy and try the Ghost Galaxy signage. I'll probably get a bizarre look from him and get rejected, but hey, at least I tried to attempt this unnecessarily difficult task...

Comment

What you are looking for is called a tetrahedron, but unfortunately I don't know where you can find one.

Comment

If it doesn't have to be a solid tetrahedron, look for a photographer using a tripod. The tripod's legs form the shape of a tetrahedron.

Comment

Omg that's a good idea!! That's soo smart!

AEROSMITH FTWW!

Comment

Originally posted by PerformerInWaiting View Post
                                http://www.valdostamuseum.org/hamsmith/GP3face.gif
                                r u looking for something like this????????

if u are theres a good place to find one of these!!!

EGYPT!!!!!!!!!!!
                                (no rudeness or sarcasm intended)
                                The pyramids of Egypt are not tetrahedrons.

For the OP, you could go into a game or puzzle store and find Rubik's Cube like games that are tetrahedrons.
                                Last edited by NeverNeverland; 10-19-2009, 05:06 PM. Reason: hotlinked photo removed

Comment

The game I'm thinking of is Pyraminx - I have one... somewhere.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...inx_solved.jpg
                                  Last edited by NeverNeverland; 10-19-2009, 05:07 PM. Reason: hotlinked photo removed

Comment

Make one out of drinking straws. Should be plenty in the park.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenstate5 View Post
                                      This sounds a bit odd of a request, but does anybody know if there is a three-dimensional three-sided pyramid in Disneyland or Anaheim itself? Three-sided, please. I'm required to shoot one for a visual design class and I'm heading down to the parks tomorrow.

Any suggestions would be very welcome, thanks!...
                                      One of the performers in the Aladdin musical at DCA holds up a small pyramid during the "Whole new world" bit. Would that work?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X