X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel HELP!

Long time lurker, first time poster!

So my little family (my wife, myself, and my 14 month old) are taking a mini-vacation and plan on going to Disneyland for a few days (my wife is 26 and has never been, also my sons first trip and we only live 3 hours away!). Anyway, we're looking for a decent hotel for two to three nights. We're for sure staying the 18th, and 19th, but we would like to come in the afternoon of the 17th to hang out, have dinner in Downtown Disney and all that.

So, we're hoping to stay as close to the park as possible. We walk a lot, so making the trek should be no problem. Although if the hotel has a shuttle service, it might be nice the second day of the park trip (not really interested in ART with an infant, and all of his stuff).

Other than that we just basically want something generally clean and quiet (quiet for others too since our little one can go ballistic at any given time, haha). A microwave would be nice (for night time bottle) but it isn't a necessity.

I'd like to keep it as affordable as possible as the more we save the more we spend in the park (plus my wife wants to meet up with my Mom and go to the Fashion District since she has a wholesaler license), plus we might make a few more stops along our way home.

Anyone have any affordable ideas or suggestions?

Right now the Anabella has a 3rd night free special, and they have a couple rooms pretty cheap and we can stay for 3 nights for under $200, but the 3 nights of parking ($33 total), internet (at least one night) etcetc kind of adds up, so I'm trying to find the best deal. Also check the affiliate Hojo, but if we stay there we can only stay two nights due to price.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Desires should not be hindered, no matter how difficult life might appear to be.
    If you fail, don't cease; keep going, keep trying.
    Giving up is never an option.

Re: Hotel HELP!

Don't forget that HoJo's does give MiceChatters a discount! I know for the anniversary weekend its 25% off, and 20% regularly.

There use to be a website that showed all the motels in relation to the park. But apparently Geocities has been shut down by Yahoo and its no longer there. I have a printed copy... but need to scan it.

I've stayed in several places around the park over the years, and have not had any real issues with any of them. As far as inexpensive The Quality Inn on Manchester can be had for around $45 a night frequently, but it's close to the freeway and you can sometimes hear the noise from it at night. The Anaheim Plaza on Harbor is $50-70 a night, and I've stayed there twice. Its an older property, but the rooms have always been clean and are very spacious for a motel room. The Anabella is wonderful. Its very clean and modern, and not a bad walk to the park.

If you want to check prices, I use kayak, which searches through some 30 different travel sites to find the best prices available for the times you are looking.

I'm not sure which motels have their own shuttles, except for the Candy Cane. But I'm sure some others do have that info.

Be sure to scan through some of the other threads in this section and the motel review section. There is a wealth of info here!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

I'm guessing that you mean next week right? You didn't specify the month. If that's the case, if you have (or can get one in time) an entertainment card, HOJO is offering the entertainment card rate for all three of those nights. (check here)

Desert Inn has roms for $69 for those dates as well. The kid and I have stayed there several times and not had any issues.

We've stayed at Anaheim Plaza once before as well without issue. The room was pretty big. I think it's about the same distance as HOJO. They have rooms listed for about $50. They do charge a parking fee though. I think it's $4 per night.

Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.

Comment

There are a lot of potions available via priceline.com. We stayed last weekend at the Red Lion for $46/night. It was clean and comfortable. It has a microwave and fridge. Internet was also available, but I'm not sure what the rates are.
        Adults are only kids grown up, anyway - Walt Disney

Comment

Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions!

I'd definitely do the HoJo @ the entertainment value for 3 nights, but the entertainment book alone is $30, so I have to weight my options.

Still considering the Anabella, up in the air.

Looking into the Anaheim Plaza as well.

I just don't want the hotel I pick to hurt our trip in any way, haha. I don't want to be cheap, but I want to obviously save some money.

Desires should not be hindered, no matter how difficult life might appear to be.
          If you fail, don't cease; keep going, keep trying.
          Giving up is never an option.

Comment

You can always try priceline. Here is a thread to give you some help if you want to try it.

http://micechat.com/forums/so-cal-ho...e-anaheim.html
            sigpic

Comment

People have posted before about finding the entertainment card on ebay pretty cheap. I always buy the book anyway (school fundraiser) so it's no big deal for me. Plus, when I consider $59 a night vs $119 a night, the $30 for the book doesn't seem so bad. lol The Phoenix book has a lot in it too though. HOJO also offers a Micechat discount. 15% I think. You'd want to call in house reservations to make sure you get the right pricing.

I have a friend here in AZ (has PAP's) who goes several times a year and swears by the Annabella. He won't book anywhere else.

My daughter has stayed at the Tropicana as well. There was plenty of room for the four girls in her room but I've always been able to get a better deal elsewhere.

Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.

Comment

How do you get the micechat discount at the HoJo? Is it on the honor system or do they want some sort of proof?

Comment

Originally posted by March Hare View Post
                  How do you get the micechat discount at the HoJo? Is it on the honor system or do they want some sort of proof?
                  You can call the Anaheim HoJo's and identify yourself has a MiceChat member and ask for the MiceChat discount. But you have to call the Anaheim HoJo's directly... you can't make the reservation online and you can't just call the "corporate" reservation number. Or click on the HoJo link on the main forum page. You'll be taken to their site, and instructed to type in the discount code from MiceChat into the reservation form!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                  all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Thank you penguinsoda! And on the original topic, disneyland.com has a map of all the good neighbor hotels in relation to the parks. You can find it under the "explore" menu under "good neighbor hotels." There will be a link at the top of the good neighbor hotels page that says see map which will take you to a map of the parks with a tiny little link in the bottom right corner to see a map of the good neighbor hotels. It's very easy to read and helpful once you find it. =P

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X