This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning May 2010 (or earlier) trip

Hello, it's been of my interest to travel to California for a long time, but considering my age, saving for a vacation is not easy.

I haven't done much research yet, so I wanted to ask people here what the best suggestions might be (as you all might know better than a vacation website! ).

Currently I have $210, which is definitly nowhere near enough...

Hypothetically, I wouldn't mind taking Plane or Train (whichevers cheaper!), but Amtraks site didn't list ticket prices last time I checked...

The visit would be for about 2-3 days, depending on what I can afford, and would only be me and a parent going.
    (probably have to assume rent cars, hotels going for $100+ a night, food, and more...)

Now hang on to them hats n' glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!

Originally posted by pussnboots
    Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    So is the consensus that Splash Mountain would be way more exciting than Jungle Cruise at Disneyland Paris?
    Zip-a-dee-duh.

Re: Planning May 2010 (or earlier) trip

Last time I checked, the trains were just as expensive as flying but if you're in L.A. that's an entirely different question! lol. We took a train once all the way from Texas. . .Whew never again!! You will be able to get a hotel for pretty cheap if you stay just off the property in one of the good neighbor hotels. (I'm thinking 60 - 80 a night max) But you'll want some in park money to play with. You can eat cheap if you eat outside the parks but really, what is the fun of that!! Good luck planning!! I'm jealous of how close you are!!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneylandorBust View Post
      Last time I checked, the trains were just as expensive as flying but if you're in L.A. that's an entirely different question! lol. We took a train once all the way from Texas. . .Whew never again!! You will be able to get a hotel for pretty cheap if you stay just off the property in one of the good neighbor hotels. (I'm thinking 60 - 80 a night max) But you'll want some in park money to play with. You can eat cheap if you eat outside the parks but really, what is the fun of that!! Good luck planning!! I'm jealous of how close you are!!
      Close? You're closer than I am.

I believe you have you "LA/L.As" mixed up, I live in Louisiana, and don't plan to visit the park, but just visit California on a personal matter..

Now hang on to them hats n' glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!

Originally posted by pussnboots
      Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
      So is the consensus that Splash Mountain would be way more exciting than Jungle Cruise at Disneyland Paris?
      Zip-a-dee-duh.

Comment

You can look at Southwest and see what kind of package deals you can get. (You can book flights, hotel and a car at once via Southwest!) They also have free checked bags for up to 2 bags a person, I believe, but that I am not sure about.

~Lianna~

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
        Working...
        X