Is 14 months too young to really enjoy it?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kingtravel
    Banned User
    • Nov 2009

[Question] Is 14 months too young to really enjoy it?

We're planning to bring my son ( currently 14 months ) to DisneyWorld this year.

Is 14 months too young to really enjoy it?

Regards,
  • steamboatpete
    Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

• Sep 2006

Re: Is 14 months too young to really enjoy it?

My 16 month old loves going to Disneyland. At that age, you just have to exercise a little moderation. After a few hours, the kid is going to be tuckered out. If you're going to Disney World in the summer, the heat and humidity will not make stroller life very enjoyable, but if you going in winter or spring, it could be plenty of fun for the baby. The lights and smells and sounds are great. For some kids, the characters are awesome (for others, they are just scary things to freak out over), and many of the rides are a blast. You can't do all the same things you can do without the baby, of course, but you'll make some big, big smiles while you're there.
    Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

• BC_DisneyGeek
      Seasick
      • Oct 2007

I'm sure a 14 month year-old will enjoy it, and I'm sure it will be wonderful spending time in WDW as a family, making some memories, getting some great photos, etc.

Having said that, a 14 month won't necesscarily understand or appreciate WDW more than a trip to the mall, or a nice hotel, or a lesser amusement park.

Since having a baby at WDW will affect how much you see and do, you may wish to consider whether it's worth it.

Is visiting WDW a rare occurance for you? If you had saved up for several years, for example, to visit WDW, I'd be more likely to recommend leaving the baby at home. Why shell out a lot of money, and then get less bang for your vacation buck, because you're tending to an infant who doesn't know the difference between WDW and Six Flags?

If you're a more regular visitor, I'd be more likely to say go for it. What you miss out on this time, you'll catch next time when your child is older.

I don't think there's a wrong choice. There's pros and cons to bringing a young child to WDW. Do what makes sense to you.
      My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

• SCUBAbe
        no flash photography...
        • Jan 2005

They will enjoy it in the moment...they will not remember it.

Comment

• sediment
          Banned User
          • Jan 2005

It's a long way to go. Is this the only child, or are there others?

Comment

• aashee
            Skeevy Ray Vaughan
            • Aug 2006

Who cares? The pictures alone will be priceless. Just do it!

Comment

• tomrules1955
              Here's my 2 cents
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by aashee View Post
              Who cares? The pictures alone will be priceless. Just do it!
              yep, it's pretty much for your enjoyment and the pics.
              sigpicI reject your reality and substitute my own

Comment

• leopardchucks
                Riff Raff, Street Rat
                • Aug 2009

Nope! They won't remember it...but there could be (fond) residual memories that could be triggered if you go at a later time. I think it's always best to expose kids to new experiences...especially the FUN ones.
                If you think you can handle the stress of traveling with a toddler (eek!), then go for it! You will have a chance to do different and new things together and that is worth it, IMO.

Have fun!
                For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
                http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

• SnorkletsMom
                  I see mouse people
                  • Mar 2008

My son has been going to Disneyland since he was 7 months old. He doesn't remember the early trips, but he enjoyed them at the time. He's taken a lot of plane flights, car trips, even duck-boat tours. He's usually been a very good traveler and enjoyed himself. It probably helped that he was used to traveling at a very young age.

Be prepared with all the usual accoutrements that go along with a toddler, and don't be schedule-intensive, because that usually doesn't work with a little one. Other than that, have a great time! The pictures are priceless and he will treasure them someday.

Comment

• lovedisneyland
                    New MiceChatter
                    • Jun 2009

My daughter was 2 yrs old when she 1st went to Disneyland. When visiting Your Disney Getaway - Disneyland with Kids | Family I feel your never too old or too young. Take your little one.

Comment

• SpcMtn77
                      Planning my next trip...
                      • Mar 2007

Although he won't remember it, he'll definitely enjoy it!! My son was 18 months when we first took him to Disneyland, and my daughter was 12 months on her first trip. They both had a blast!! Loved the characters, the carousels, Dumbo, trains, it's a small world, although neither of them cared for the dark rides at that age. It was so much fun...totally worth it!

Also, the Child Swap feature still allowed my husband and I to enjoy our favorite attractions

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X