X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cafe Orleans Question

Originally posted by MarysUmbrella View Post
    We love to split a monte cristo and get pommes frites. It's plenty of food and then we have Mickey beignets. So delish!
    :thumbup: My fave meal in DLR!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf75 View Post
      We have a reservation for Cafe Orleans for our upcoming March trip. We have never tried this restaurant. Is it acceptable if we go and just each order a soup and split the pomme frites (sp?) and get dessert? Because those are the main things we want to try but I wasn't sure if it is rude to the server to not order a main dish. Do people go just for appetizers and dessert? Is this ok?

Thanks.

MiceChat from Main Street.
      MiceChat goes mobile with the new Mouseaddict app for iPhone and iPad! Keep up to date with the latest blogs and columns, check your private messages, chat live with MiceChatters inside and outside of the parks, plan your next move with Addictometer wait times and crowd level mapping, see showtimes and set reminders for dining, shows and FastPass, and find anything in the resort from attractions to sidewalk carts.

Learn more and download free at http://mouseaddict.com.

Comment

I don't see any problem with it

Try the raspberry vinaigrette, I have yet to find something that compares to it. SO yummy!

Comment

Next time my bf and I go, I think we will do this. Every time we order the Monte Cristo, we can never finish it and I hate to waste food I paid good money for and because, well, it's delicious haha. The pommes frites are amazing as well!
          "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
          -your host, your ghost host

Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

Next Trip:
          ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
          in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

Comment

We went and split a Monte Cristo and I also ordered a bowl of French Onion Soup. The soup was beyond fabulous, and the Monte Cristo was more delicious then I could have imagined! We didn't have reservations and being it was more of a slow time during the week, we didn't have to wait for a table! The only negative thing I can say is we were sitting next to the tree and some "berries" kept falling on us, one thumped me right on the noggin pretty good! On the off side of that we saw lots of little birds hanging around which was quite cute and even comical watching them try and nab fries!

Last edited by phi1215; 06-03-2010, 04:20 PM. Reason: Added photo
            Yaye!

Comment

Originally posted by pratt55 View Post
              Oh and don't forget you can get tastier beignets (IMO) at Ralph's Jazz Kitchen window.
              We think the Mickey beignets are wonderful but we have been to the REAL New Orleans and had them at Cafe du Monde. Nothing can beat that at a Disney park!

Comment

We have gone and all I ordered was a small salad with the raspberry vinagrette and some shared pomme frites and then I snagged a wedge of my hub's monte cristo. The waiter had no problem with this and did not charge the split plate fee. I am sure if we had just split the sandwich it would have been a different story and rightfully so.

Comment

Originally posted by MarysUmbrella View Post
                  We think the Mickey beignets are wonderful but we have been to the REAL New Orleans and had them at Cafe du Monde. Nothing can beat that at a Disney park!
                  I agree wholeheartedly!

I've had the beignets at Ralph's Jazz Kitchen and at POFQ at WDW. I was lucky enough to attend a conference in New Orleans last year and got some time to walt the French Quarter, and have beignets and cafe Au lait on the patio at Cafe de Monde. You have not experienced a beignet until you had them at Cafe de Monde. :bow:
                  My Disney blog: http://disneyhistory-myjourneyofdiscovery.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Second Star View Post
                    I agree wholeheartedly!

I've had the beignets at Ralph's Jazz Kitchen and at POFQ at WDW. I was lucky enough to attend a conference in New Orleans last year and got some time to walt the French Quarter, and have beignets and cafe Au lait on the patio at Cafe de Monde. You have not experienced a beignet until you had them at Cafe de Monde. :bow:
                    Are the beignets at Ralph's better than at POFQ? I'm thinking yes. I didn't think the ones at POFQ were all that, so I'm thinking I should try them at Ralph's when I go in September.

Comment

Originally posted by Sk8Leigh View Post
                      Are the beignets at Ralph's better than at POFQ? I'm thinking yes. I didn't think the ones at POFQ were all that, so I'm thinking I should try them at Ralph's when I go in September.
                      Yes, I think the beignets at Ralph's are better than POFQ. I thought the ones at POFQ got tough really fast if you let them cool off. I'm not sure, but I think Ralph's @ DLR actually uses the beignet mix that you can get from Cafe du Monde. But, there is still no comparison to the beignets at Cafe de Monde, those are absolutely THE BEST!!!

Oh yeah, are you going in September for Destination D?

Comment

Originally posted by Second Star View Post
                        Yes, I think the beignets at Ralph's are better than POFQ. I thought the ones at POFQ got tough really fast if you let them cool off. I'm not sure, but I think Ralph's @ DLR actually uses the beignet mix that you can get from Cafe du Monde. But, there is still no comparison to the beignets at Cafe de Monde, those are absolutely THE BEST!!!
                        Thanks! I'll make sure to try them.

Oh yeah, are you going in September for Destination D?
                        Yep! I haven't even decided what days I'm going yet, but at the last minute on Monday I decided to buy a ticket, so I'm going! )

Comment

Originally posted by Sk8Leigh View Post
                          Yep! I haven't even decided what days I'm going yet, but at the last minute on Monday I decided to buy a ticket, so I'm going! )
                          Great! Maybe we'll see you there.

Now, if I can just get off the waitlist at VGC so I don't have to pay for a hotel room.

Comment

Question...what is the price range @Cafe Orleans? I'm going tommorow and want to treat my niece to a special meal..and I haven't been to Cafe orleans in a lonnnng time and I forgot the price range...thanks in advance...
                            "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

Originally posted by cositaluvsmickey View Post
                              Question...what is the price range @Cafe Orleans? I'm going tommorow and want to treat my niece to a special meal..and I haven't been to Cafe orleans in a lonnnng time and I forgot the price range...thanks in advance...

Here's a link to a Cafe Orlean Menu with prices:

Cafe Orleans Menu - New Orleans Square - Disneyland

Comment

NOt bad at all...Thanks Second Star..I really appericaite it..
                                "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

Working...
                                X