This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Downtown Disney Parking

We are arriving in So Cal this Thursday. We are staying at HoJo Thursday night. We aren't going to be able to get into the parks this trip, but are wanting to go to Downtown Disney once. My question is what has the parking been like at the Downtown Disney lots? I know overall resort parking has been a nightmare and very busy. I'm trying to decide if we want to go sometime Friday when we can leave the car in HoJo's parking lot or my preference is to go another day and be able to park in the Downtown Disney lots. So have they been filling up? Is there a better time vs. another.
    Please wait while we imagineer a new signature!

Re: Downtown Disney Parking

shouldnt be an issue for your time frame, but it is a holiday and local school furlough weekend. You can pay the $6 and valet park , I do that when it looks sketchy, plus it makes me feel kinda "special" when my car is delivered to me
    sigpicI reject your reality and substitute my own

Comment

Originally posted by D Duck View Post
      We are arriving in So Cal this Thursday. We are staying at HoJo Thursday night. We aren't going to be able to get into the parks this trip, but are wanting to go to Downtown Disney once. My question is what has the parking been like at the Downtown Disney lots? I know overall resort parking has been a nightmare and very busy. I'm trying to decide if we want to go sometime Friday when we can leave the car in HoJo's parking lot or my preference is to go another day and be able to park in the Downtown Disney lots. So have they been filling up? Is there a better time vs. another.
      Shouldn't be a problem, but HOJOs is so close, I wouldn't bother with the car. The quick jaunt across the street, and a pleasant stroll across the Esplanade with the music playing is a nice way to get your shopping spree started.
      Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
      Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Originally posted by CMHusband View Post
        Shouldn't be a problem, but HOJOs is so close, I wouldn't bother with the car. The quick jaunt across the street, and a pleasant stroll across the Esplanade with the music playing is a nice way to get your shopping spree started.
        I agree. I would walk since your staying at a place within walking distance. I'm also with the idea of walking across the esplanade and listening to the music unless walking pass the gates and knowing your not going into the parks is going to bother you??
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the replies. We'll be in So Cal for a week, but only HoJo for a night. I was thinking about going on a different day simply to try and avoid the weekend crowds. I agree, if we were at HoJo longer, we'd just walk across, but I think now we'll drive up on a "slower" day and park. That will avoid the urge of walking in front of the gates and wanting to splurge and get a ticket. It would kinda bother me.
          Please wait while we imagineer a new signature!

Comment

Well then, there is "almost always" somewhere to park in DTD. have fun!!!
            (and get validated)
            Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
            Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Validation is only given at "sit down" restaurants and the theaters. It does give you 2 extra hours free in DtD parking (total of 5 hours), so it is worth it if you are planning on staying for a while.
              Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
              it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X