X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Park Hours, Refurbishment Schedule and Planning

Hey MiceChatters!

I need your help. I'm trying to plan a trip and get as much info as possible before I book a room, make reservations for the Blue Bayou and request time off from work. Unfortunately the Disneyland website is not very helpful because they only seem to have the hours about 30 days ahead of the current date, which for me isn't enough time to plan. Also important to me is what the schedule for Aladdin will be for the foreseeable future, such as the days of the week it is performed and the days it is dark. Also a clear refurbishment schedule to know which attractions will be closed between specific dates. The Disneyland website requires you to click each date on a calendar to find out what attractions are scheduled to be closed that day. I'd rather know for example that the Rivers of America will be under refurbishment from now till May 15th.

Does anyone know of any other sources for this type of information? Thanks!

Re: Park Hours, Refurbishment Schedule and Planning

the refurb calendar can be found here: http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/dat...tion-more.html

I'm in the same process you are!

Comment

Thanks for the refurb schedule, that was what I needed. Now if only I could get park hours for May...

Comment

Originally posted by adoborocks View Post
        Thanks for the refurb schedule, that was what I needed. Now if only I could get park hours for May...
        Are you being sarcastic, because I didn't see the park hours for May and that's when I'm going.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Comment

Originally posted by RedHandedJill View Post
          Are you being sarcastic, because I didn't see the park hours for May and that's when I'm going.
          I think he's being serious in that they really want to see the park hours for that month.

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorD View Post
            I think he's being serious in that they really want to see the park hours for that month.
            Yes I was being serious. The official word from the park after contacting Guest Services was that they do not yet have park hours or entertainment schedule set for that month. Was hoping that maybe someone had some insider info. If not, then guess we will all just have to wait and hope for the best.

Comment

You know as much as anyone does.
              DL has stopped putting hours out so far in advance. I think it's about 6 weeks now. Perhaps the private party availabilty window has shortened?

Park hours for May should not be unusual: close at 8 during the week. 11 on weekends (Fri-Sun). There are some Grad Nights.
              What's an extra or taken-away hour going to do to your "planning"? This isn't WDW, where months of advanced planning are required to maximize your vacation dollar. There are two parks, you'll be in DL over 75% of the time. It's a pretty small place, relative to WDW.

Comment

Originally posted by sediment View Post
                What's an extra or taken-away hour going to do to your "planning"?
                Speaking for myself, the issue is knowing things like entertainment schedules, specific dates of grad nights, magic mornings, etc.

And the reason I need that data now is so I can figure out which days I want to book for lunch/dinner reservations - for example, a grad night is perfect for dinner at Napa Rose. Another example, I like to avoid magic morning days in Disneyland - so Blue Bayou gets booked for lunch on a non-magic morning day. That sort of planning actually does need to be done now, not whenever Disney gets around to publishing their hours.

Comment

And Speaking for myself. When I know I'm only getting to the park every 6-7 years, those extra hours are very important.

Comment

Originally posted by skimouse View Post
                    Speaking for myself, the issue is knowing things like entertainment schedules, specific dates of grad nights, magic mornings, etc.

And the reason I need that data now is so I can figure out which days I want to book for lunch/dinner reservations - for example, a grad night is perfect for dinner at Napa Rose. Another example, I like to avoid magic morning days in Disneyland - so Blue Bayou gets booked for lunch on a non-magic morning day. That sort of planning actually does need to be done now, not whenever Disney gets around to publishing their hours.
                    1. Someone has published a list of grad nights around here somewhere.
                    2. Magic Morning days are not like WDW's, in which 20 or so hotels' guests overflow one park. At DLr, as you well know, you can choose in the Esplanade which park you want to enter when you get there. Also, I believe those are set well enough in advance, and someone here knows which days of the week those are. And, what will you be doing on a day that a Magic Morning is held at DL? (Knott's? Uni? The beach? Just curious.)
                    3. Get your rezzies at Blue Bayou whenever you can. That place gets filled up regardless of the date. Then, once the rezzie is done, you can plan from there. The parks are right next to each other, but you know that already. It's not a big deal to walk from one park to the next, without a monorail or bus ride some 10 miles away.
                    4. The entertainment is pretty much meh. (IMO, of course.) If there's something else I'd rather be doing than, say, sitting on the ground waiting for Fantasmic! or WoC, then by golly I'll be doing that other thing. I'd rather get the bejesus scared out of me four times in a row on ToT than sit and watch either of those two. (And, I always swear I'll never ride that thing again after riding it!!)
                    5. Well, Team Disney Anaheim seems to be in a bind regarding the park hours and times of entertainment and such. You will have to wait to plan if you need those hours in order to plan. You could make up a few schedules, then choose the optimal one once the schedules come out.
                    6. Something I've found helpful is MP's archived DL updates. They show park hours from last year at about the same times. I'll check, but I think that when there are Grad Nights, the park opens earlier than usual that day, since it'll close early.

Comment

And Speaking for myself. When I know I'm only getting to the park every 6-7 years, those extra hours are very important.
                      What will you do in that extra hour or two? More DL? That's generally what I do. I don't do anything unusual. Just more DL.
                      I go about once a year, for one day. And my philosophy is that I don't have to see everything. I just have to be busy wandering and soak it all in. But that's me.
                      (I also tend to go on less busy days, so there aren't as many options.)

Comment

I'm stock going in the summer so with expected lines, time is the biggest factor.

Comment

I'm stock going in the summer so with expected lines, time is the biggest factor.
                          OK, so with longer hours you'll "do more DL."
                          Just like anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by sediment View Post
                            OK, so with longer hours you'll "do more DL."
                            Just like anyone else.
                            Right.. But all I was saying is that for those of us who see the park every few years, its good to know when the parks are open longer to maximize the time you have there.

Comment

Right.. But all I was saying is that for those of us who see the park every few years, its good to know when the parks are open longer to maximize the time you have there.
                              Ah.
                              "high season" is when hours are longer. Usually coincide with block-out dates.
                              Also, the 1980's. If your DeLorean still works, crank it up and go.

Final note: hours are shorter at times because it is not expected that there will be a lot of people, and a guest will be able to get a "whole day's worth" into that shortened time. Trouble starts when crowd expectation < reality. It is not unusual for the powers-who-is to extend hours with a that-day-decision. It is much more unusual for them to shorten hours in the same way.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X