X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOJO - Great hotel

Hi...

I just wanted to share what a great experience we had at the HOJO!

After reading hotel reviews here, I originally booked a 4 night stay, (March 14-18) at the HOJO using the "Entertainment Rate". Initially, I was unable to get the same room for all 4 nights. Also, the rate was not available for the first night so we were going to pay for a premium room the first night (with Micechat discount) and then have to switch from the premium room to a standard room for the following 3 nights. During check-in I asked if there was any way we could avoid a room-switch but still keep the same rate. "Eddy" found us a premium room for all four nights at the same original "Entertainment rate" of $59.00/night. I was thrilled.

The room was clean and fresh smelling. The beds were comfortable. My young children loved Castaway Cove and were able to watch Disney's fireworks from our balcony at night. It was easily within walking distance of the DisneyLand Park. The front desk personnel were friendly and extra helpful. They even provided us with a map of Disney and a guide to park hours so we could make our plans for the next morning.

I have been recommending this hotel to everyone who asks about our trip. Thank you for your tips on here that lead me to the "Entertainment card", it's discount, as well as the HOJO hotel! Being on a limited budget, the savings, as well as the comfort of the hotel at night, made our vacation a wonderful family experience!

Re: HOJO - Great hotel

Originally posted by Kmoosegirl View Post
    Hi...

I just wanted to share what a great experience we had at the HOJO!

After reading hotel reviews here, I originally booked a 4 night stay, (March 14-18) at the HOJO using the "Entertainment Rate". Initially, I was unable to get the same room for all 4 nights. Also, the rate was not available for the first night so we were going to pay for a premium room the first night (with Micechat discount) and then have to switch from the premium room to a standard room for the following 3 nights. During check-in I asked if there was any way we could avoid a room-switch but still keep the same rate. "Eddy" found us a premium room for all four nights at the same original "Entertainment rate" of $59.00/night. I was thrilled.

The room was clean and fresh smelling. The beds were comfortable. My young children loved Castaway Cove and were able to watch Disney's fireworks from our balcony at night. It was easily within walking distance of the DisneyLand Park. The front desk personnel were friendly and extra helpful. They even provided us with a map of Disney and a guide to park hours so we could make our plans for the next morning.

I have been recommending this hotel to everyone who asks about our trip. Thank you for your tips on here that lead me to the "Entertainment card", it's discount, as well as the HOJO hotel! Being on a limited budget, the savings, as well as the comfort of the hotel at night, made our vacation a wonderful family experience!

We will be staying at the HoJo in may... any tips for our stay there, where you ate etc. Thanks

Comment

When I visit DL, I usually stay at the Desert Inn.

The last trip, I walked over to the HOJO, and sorta checked it out.

It's usually me, my daughter (15), and several of her friends. They all like to swim, and the Desert inn has a pool. The pool at the HOJO looked much better though. A lot better.

I didn't actually see any of the rooms, but from what I've read (including your review), they're very nice.

On my next trip, I'm going to try the HOJO. It seems to have everything I need, it's only about 5 more minutes walk to DL, it just seems nicer all the way around.

It's nice to know that you can watch the fireworks from the balcony, that's a big plus! We usually arrive saturday evening, and the Desert Inn has a viewing area, I was hoping the HOJO would too.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by rlanting View Post
        We will be staying at the HoJo in may... any tips for our stay there, where you ate etc. Thanks
        If they give you a room in the two story building with a skylight ask for a different room.

Originally posted by micromind View Post

It's nice to know that you can watch the fireworks from the balcony, that's a big plus! We usually arrive saturday evening, and the Desert Inn has a viewing area, I was hoping the HOJO would too.

Rob
        The view of the fireworks from our balcony was partially blocked by trees.

Comment

We are in the hotel right now! We love it second year in a row... Best hotel ever!

Comment

[QUOTE=SCUBAbe;1055934511]If they give you a room in the two story building with a skylight ask for a different room.

Ha ha, that's funny, because we always request a room with the skylight! We love the natural light that filters through in the early morning!
            I can see, however, if one weren't a morning person, it might not be as desirable.
            It's nice that with this hotel, you get the option, though. Most hotels don't have skylights!

One of the nice things about this hotel is that they bend over backwards trying to accomodate the needs and requests of all guests so that people will enjoy their stay to the max.

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
              If they give you a room in the two story building with a skylight ask for a different room.

The view of the fireworks from our balcony was partially blocked by trees.
              My husband & I just upgraded to Bldg 1, Premium Disney room (s. harbor blvd. side) from one of the bldgs. close to the freeway. When I saw pictures on Flickr regarding the trees blocking the view, we're curious if that's going to be the case with our view?
              [URL="http://www.mickeypath.com/"]

Comment

while our view was mostly unobstructed, there was one unfortunate branch, that no matter where we stood or sat on our little balcony, blocked through the center of all the big round fireworks.

Comment

Originally posted by rlanting View Post

I have stayed at the HOJO also.. i guess the best place to eat near the hotel would be MiMi's Cafe, it's a 5 min walk from the hotel to the cafe, and if you do like a breakfast type thing, then it's like on the way to disneyland! the breakfast is sooooooo good

Comment

i was in building 3..ground floor.the balcony was nice, i didn't mind the trees, it was quite and peacefull! i loved my room also, and its funny anytime someone submits a review it's the same things, nice pool,great service, awesome rooms!!

so it just shows that HOJO IS a good hotel.

Comment

They are taking down some trees so the view will be less blocked.
                      Good morning, son
                      In twenty years from now
                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                      It was pain
                      Sunny days and rain
                      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by love♥dca View Post
                        i was in building 3..ground floor.the balcony was nice, i didn't mind the trees, it was quite and peacefull! i loved my room also, and its funny anytime someone submits a review it's the same things, nice pool,great service, awesome rooms!!

so it just shows that HOJO IS a good hotel.

So you had the Standard room and it was ok, I got an email today from Lorelle from the HoJo and she said the Queen beds facing the pool in building #2 would also be a good choice?? Looks like I'm good no matter which way I go.
                        The place to eat like Mimi's etc. along Habor Blvd, do they raise the prices from the Mimi's back home?? or are most chain Resturants pretty much the same.

Comment

how does everyone get such good rates ?!?! i wanna stay there haha but everytmie i look at travel sites *expedia* etc its 139+ A NIGHT!

help
                          Love meeting new fellow Disney fanatics! Facebook Me: Michael Van Anthony Jr

Comment

AHH the micchat rate is 118 for june..HMMMM?!
                            Love meeting new fellow Disney fanatics! Facebook Me: Michael Van Anthony Jr

Comment

We stayed here last trip and it was awesome! Great position, comfortable rooms for families and wonderful service. We really like Mimi's Cafe across the road too. We would definitely stay here again.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X