Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Character Dining for two 6-year old girls?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Best Character Dining for two 6-year old girls?

Just wondering what recommendations people have for a character dining experience for two 6-year old girls. It will be just me and them, and Ariel's Grotto seems the most obvious choice - but I thought I would throw it out there. I'm wondering what the best value would be (we can only go to one; it will be mid-June), and also what meal we should try for (i.e. breakfast, lunch or dinner). I'm going to add it to my Disney package, so the choices are either Regular character dining (Storytellers, PCH, BBQ at Big Thunder Ranch, or Plaza Inn) or Premium character dining (Ariel's Grotto or Goofy's).

Thank you so much for your help!

Re: Best Character Dining for two 6-year old girls?

This is a real hard question...because obviously girls love the princesses! This past Christmas we ate at Ariels Grotto and the character meets were great! We were able to meet Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and Belle. In my opinion the food was nothing to go crazy over...in the food department I was not pleased. However, it was worth it for me to dine at Ariels due to the opportunity for my 7 year old and 19 year old daughters to meet up close and personal with the disney princesses. This Christmas we will stick with Goofy's Kitchen but I am glad to have gone to Ariels Grotto at least once. If I did not have picky eaters I would probably be more inclined to go again to Ariels Grotto.

Goofys Kitchen on the otherhand, is a lot of fun and the food was much better. We saw Goofy, Minnie, Aurora, Chip, and Pluto. The characters were more interactive and made it lots of fun for the kids and even my 13 year old shy son was laughing.
    I hope this helps some... it is hard because they were both great as far as atmosphere but Goofy's was better in the food department. Don't forget to make reservations for which ever one you choose.
    Last edited by loveforfamily; 04-06-2010, 07:38 PM.
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come:thumbup:

Comment

I think it really does depend on what characters are at the top of the girl's lists. IF they love the princesses far above Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale, Pluto, Goofy and all others then yes you'll probably want to do Ariel's Grotto.

The thing that keeps me from going back to Ariel's Grotto is that it usually feels pretty crowded and rushed compared to all of the other character meals.

My daughter has always been more of a Fab 5 fan so Goofy's Kitchen has always been a much better experience for us. We also prefer that Goofy's Kitchen has a buffet rather than what I find to be a fairly limited menu at Ariel's Grotto.There's also the advantage that Goofy's Kitchen always has Goofy, Pluto, Minnie and Mickey plus a good selection of other assorted characters like Chip & Dale, Aladdin, Jasmine, Pocohantas, Sleeping Beauty, Belle just to name a few I've met there in the last year.

Nowadays my 8 year-old daughter has drifted into being head over heels in love with Chip & Dale so the Storyteller's Breakfast is our essential character dining even though their other avaailable characters is usually limited to Meeko the raccoon and Brer Fox.

I've heard great things about the Paradise Pier character dining and the in-park character dining but have not actually dined there so I can't give you any info on that.

Cheers and have a world of fun!!
      Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Cruise: Disney Fantasy 13

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Mickey View Post
        I've heard great things about the Paradise Pier character dining and the in-park character dining but have not actually dined there so I can't give you any info on that.
        We also had breakfast at the Paradise Pier Surfs Up Breakfast and that was good. The food was good...lots of choices...and good quality. We were able to meet Mickey, Daisy Duck, Pluto, and Stich. The atmosphere was very similar to Goofy's Kitchen...fun and more fun.

Comment

Thank you so much for the advice. I'm now thinking I should do a late lunch/dinner at Ariel's Grotto one day, and Goofy's another day. That would be two premium dining, but it should cover all most characters they would recognize. I always vow to keep it cheap, and then cave ).

The question is, breakfast, lunch or dinner at Goofy's?

Comment

Goofy's Kitchen is a definite must. If your girls are into Princesses, Ariel's in DCA is also a must stop -- tho' I find it incredibly overpriced for the offerings.
            Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

Originally posted by KaperKate View Post
              Thank you so much for the advice. I'm now thinking I should do a late lunch/dinner at Ariel's Grotto one day, and Goofy's another day. That would be two premium dining, but it should cover all most characters they would recognize. I always vow to keep it cheap, and then cave ).

The question is, breakfast, lunch or dinner at Goofy's?
              We did dinner at 5:00 PM and it was great it was not extremely packed it was easy to get our food items from the buffet and once again it was great! This year we will do breakfast at Goofys and I hope it is as good as dinner was...I am sure it will be

Comment

Our family loves Goofy's Kitchen anytime of day!!!

For lots of characters ranging from Minnie Mouse to the Winnie the Pooh characters....Minnie & Friends at the Plaza Inn is a great choice....especially for the ages of your girls. We aren't thrilled with their buffet, but we do this one more for the character experience they get.

Ariel's Grotto is more "Prim & Proper" as they announce the princesses. My daughter loves going here.

The Storyteller's Cafe has more of the "animals/critters", so if they are into these...you might want to check this out. From my understanding, the food is very good here.

We did the Paradise Pier meal last year when it was the Lilo & Stitch meal, but it does sound like they've kept a lot of the fun & games they used to do here....but bonus......they have Mickey Mouse!!!

I don't think you can go wrong with your choice(s).....the character meals are spendy, but so worth it when you see your kids light up when they get some one on one time with the characters.

"Always Disney Dreaming" :yea:

Comment

Originally posted by DizNee Luver View Post
                  Our family loves Goofy's Kitchen anytime of day!!!

Ariel's Grotto is more "Prim & Proper" as they announce the princesses. My daughter loves going here.
                  I think Ariel's is looking like a MUST!

If you HAD to pick one for Goofy's - brunch or dinner - which would you choose? I hate to miss morning park time, but the dinner menu looks so much smaller - although it costs more

Comment

Originally posted by KaperKate View Post
                    I think Ariel's is looking like a MUST!

If you HAD to pick one for Goofy's - brunch or dinner - which would you choose? I hate to miss morning park time, but the dinner menu looks so much smaller - although it costs more

We favor the brunch....you could always go to the park at opening...spend a couple hours & then go have brunch. We do that quite often. The dinner is good with lots of choices (just like the brunch)...but we see more characters for the brunch then we ever do at the dinners. Other's will say they see lots at dinner....but the 2 times we've gone....we've only seen 4 walking around to the tables at dinner but at the brunches we usually see 6-8.

"Always Disney Dreaming" :yea:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X