• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DISNEYnerd
    New MiceChatter
    • Mar 2010

is the Castle Inn THAT bad ???

Ive stayed at every hotel around Disneyland the past 4 years.
    Ive always admired its outside looks. But it has bad reviews and ratings.
    ANYONE have ACTUAL 1st hand likes or dislikes? Wanna try it out in JUNE. Half the price of Candy Cain Inn, Same Distance
    Love meeting new fellow Disney fanatics! Facebook Me: Michael Van Anthony Jr
  • SaskMouse
    New MiceChatter
    • Jan 2009

Re: is the Castle Inn THAT bad ???

Stayed there once. Won't stay there again. Although we survived to tell the tale. Don't wear white socks.

Comment

• Aladdin
      Prince Ali
      • Jan 2005

I stayed there once, but it was several years ago. Not impressed, and ants were in the bathroom.
      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

• pitter_patter
        New MiceChatter
        • Apr 2009

I stayed there for four nights back in May 2009. It was fine and I would stay there again. The room was clean, plenty of hot water and the pool was great. The little convenience store is way overpriced and the ice machine is a bit of a walk but other than that I don't get why people hate this hotel.

Comment

• PirateMickey
          A Pirate's life for me!
          • Sep 2005

The place is a dump! :thumbdown

The only thing missing are the hookers!

Stains of unknown origin on the sofa and floor. Bugs in the bathroom cabinet. Exposed electrical wiring for the kids to play with and not enough parking to support their own customers. They tell their guests to drive down the street and use the overflow parking from another hotel!

The front desk staff couldn't care less about our complaints. AAA rated them OK as well! (that is why we stayed there during a last minute trip during a July w/e).

I not only fired off a letter to AAA, but I filed a dispute with my credit card and rec'd all of my money back.

I would rather sleep in my car on the shoulder of the 5 than stay at the castle inn...

You've been warned!!!

Comment

• Fantasmico!
            Merry 2014!
            • Apr 2005

Is the Castle Inn that bad?

YES!
            Sig by Poisonedapples!

Comment

• Sosai X
              Dept. 41 and Club 55
              • Jun 2005

For me, it's a "last resort" hotel. I only usually stay there if my preferred hotels are sold out or if I am coming to Disneyland with friends for whom the price of the hotel is an issue. The Castle is always cheaper than most other places on Harbor. I first stayed there in 2005, and since then the rooms have slowly gotten worse and worse. It definetly needs a top to bottom rebuild.

Comment

• AlohaStitch
                "Always On The Move..."
                • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Sosai X View Post
                For me, it's a "last resort" hotel. .
                I will cancel my trip rather than stay there again. Walked in and dirty towels were on the floor. Pulled back the sheets and there were large "stains" that looked like blood on the dirty sheet (which were wrinkled and obviously slept in.) The hotel refused to change the sheets or bring up fresh towels. Told us they "didn't have time." I walked out and managed to find another room at Candy Cane. I disputed the charges and also got a full refund from my credit card. Never NEVER again!
                Originally posted by migo
                I poop with joy!
                Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

• Scoutdebi
                  New MiceChatter
                  • Dec 2007

I've stayed there when I had no choice. If you're going for price, I find that Camelot is better and very close to Disney's entrance. I like their breakfast (fruit, cereal, juice, pastries) and the rooms are decent sized. Of course there's noise, but I fix that by staying at Disney until after midnight and then everyone's already in bed.

Never had fleas, ants or dirty-looking sheets at Camelot...just saying...

Debi

Comment

• DISNEYnerd
                    New MiceChatter
                    • Mar 2010

Well definetly not staying here haha going june 13-18
                    woc better be open lol im gonna do the candy cane inn or
                    camelot cuz of there sunken tub lol
                    Love meeting new fellow Disney fanatics! Facebook Me: Michael Van Anthony Jr

Comment

• diznimom
                      MiceChatter
                      • Aug 2006

We stayed there for one night. We had reservations for the Hilton for three nights but decided to go the night before that's why we stayed at the Castle Inn. When we got there we could not find parking. Luckily someone was leaving and we got their space. The room was at the end of the corridor next to the laundry room. The shower barely let out water, some of the electrical outlets did not work, the rug looked dirty. I would not recommend this place. I would even pick the Islander over the Castle Inn anytime. Like I said we just had the room to sleep in. What a difference when we checked into the Hilton the next day.

Comment

• NVDLfan
                        MiceChatter
                        • Aug 2009

We won't ever go back there again either! We had a hole in the wall, when we arrived the water wasn't working. Dirty LUMPY carpet. Then the cable went out for FOUR of the five days we stayed there. Staff was rude and unhelpful too, there were many of us in there complaining. Never again! I'd rather sleep in my car! LOL

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                          MiceChatter
                          • Feb 2005

We stayed there for our 2nd wedding anniversary (so 13 years ago) when we didn't have much $$. Never had the desire to stay there again and never did.

Comment

• Darth Mickey
                            Laughing Place Finder
                            • May 2009

Wow I had no idea some places on harbor could be this bad.

I'm curious, what does an average room at this place go for? If it's anywhere in the $55 per night range or higher I can't imagine why anyone would choose this place over a 3.5 star hotel on Priceline or Hotwire. It would certainly be better and most likely cheaper than this place.

I know that the "Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel" label doesn't mean jack but you'd think Disney could use revoking that status as a stick/carrot to maintain some minimum standards for their customers. You'd think the same thing about AAA's endorsement as well.

Now that Ed Grier is long gone is there any chance that George Kaolrigdis would be able to exert some influence over these Harbor Blvd roach motels? Would that be a WD Travel Co thing? Or is there simply nothing that can be done?

With so many guests disputing credit card charges and getting refunds you'd think that at some point credit card companies and banks would stop doing business with them.
                            Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15

Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10

Disney Cruise: Disney Fantasy 13

Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:

Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim

DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter

If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

Comment

• PirateMickey
                              A Pirate's life for me!
                              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Darth Mickey View Post
                              Wow I had no idea some places on harbor could be this bad.

You'd think the same thing about AAA's endorsement as well.

With so many guests disputing credit card charges and getting refunds you'd think that at some point credit card companies and banks would stop doing business with them.

Yep, they aren't called the "Roach Motel's of Harbor" for nuttin'! :lol:

As long as the Castle keeps paying to advertise in AAA's tour book, they'll get a favorable rating...

The chargebacks don't cost the CC companies money. They snatch back the money from the Castle Inn's merchant account. The CC's don't lose it.

I'd love to see a Disney owned bulldozer level that side of Harbor from the 5 down to Katella and start over. But hey, that is just me...

Comment

• RemainSeatedPlz87
                                MargyDisneylandLover
                                • May 2009

I stayed there in 2006 and we had a nice room it was quiet and relaxing.....only problem was a kid turned over our door sign saying we wanted maid service so the first night our beds werent maid otherwise we did not have a problem....of course it could have changed by now....off topic the horrible part of that trip was the red van shuttle service from lax to the motel its stunk very bad!!!!
                                My Name Is Margy and I am a mint julepaholic.
                                Disneyland freak since my first trip when I turned 6 months old...september 1987!!
                                "I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
                                ~* Uncle Walt *~
                                2014 gumball rally team: Skyway sweethearts

​Proud premium Annual Passholder since May 2nd, 2014

Comment

• HelloKimmie
                                  Missing Main Street
                                  • Jan 2009

Leaky air conditioner, dirty carpets - awful, dreadful, hated it. We went in a large group and everyone had issues of one kind or another. This was my first and only negative experience at a hotel near Disneyland, and you can bet I would'nt go back. (Our visit was in '08)
                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                  A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
                                  -Roald Dahl
                                  sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X