Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain Forest cafe

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Review] Rain Forest cafe

    after hearing not so good things about this restaraunt I decided I'll never know until I try it and thats exactly what I did today. I arrived at the cafe at around 1:00 p.m. or so, the person at the register was friendly, printed out a reciept and directed me as to where I needed to go for seating, I was kinda uneasy that they didn't take me to where I had to go for proper seating but I found my way okay for it being my 1st time, I got to the 2nd level handed the hostes my reciept and she took me to my table, the 1st impressions of the restaraunt were "wow" the theme of the place is right on, very nicely done, they had nice aquariums and anamatronic animals throughout the restaraunt and it really added the "rainforest" touch, not to mention the thunder and lightning every 20 mins. they nailed it on that point of it.... now the downfall, the food and service... I was waited on in a good amount of time I was asked for an appitizer I declined and went on to order my food, I ordered a bbq bacon burger with a root beer, I ordered it well done. My food was brung out to me quicker than I expected which was a pleasant suprise to me and I couldn't wait to dig in, until of course I took a bite, now I work in a meat department and I could clearly tell this was not your average 80/20 ground beef, it was a very lean beef and it felt as though I was chewing on a rubber band and a onion ring that was small and soggy it fell apart very easily, so the burger and the fries which were also soggy really let me down, about half way through my meal an employee with stuff animals asked if I would like a pic. taken with them, wow this is really pushing sales, they must be hurting for cash, asking customers if theyd like pics taken with stuffed animals only to be asked if theyd like to purchase the photo, that dont fly too well with me especially at a restaraunt, I finished my root beer my burger and fries, my root beer sat empty for about half an hour or so and not one employee or manager(who was walking around) asked if I'd like a refill on my soda, afterwards they asked if I'd like any desert and I again declined, then the paycheck comes and I couldn't believe it....2.00 for fries....2.00 for fries, with a burger meal..2.00.... that was the point I basically said "heres the cash for the check the tip and I will never see you guys or this place again"... so, the service was kinda on edge I was upset I wasn't at least asked for a refill on my soda I was asked for a dumb photo, appitizers, and desert, but no refill on the drink, the burger sucked, the fries sucked, and in the end I found out I paid an extra 2.00 to even have the fries.... my recomondation... go there for maybe a drink or 2, but not for food.... I will not be returning and ESPN Zone will go back to being my place to go eat and drink

  • #2
    Re: Rain Forest cafe

    RainForest has nice atmosphere but the food is bland mush. They put all their money into the former and not the latter. It's a shame.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Rain Forest cafe

      Rainforest Cafe has sucked for a pretty long time.
      Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Rain Forest cafe

        The last two times we went we had good service and the dinner was ok....I freely admit I don't like most food in chain restaurants....I know I can make better at home, but for a chain restaurant the food was adequate. I had chicken and mashed potatoes .....we also got refills timely.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Rain Forest cafe

          We have one here in AZ. It is in Pheonix and we love it there. The service was great and the food was plentiful. We went to the one in DTD and I wasn't impressed. They seated us outside and it was freezing. The so call heaters they had sucked. The food got real cold real fast. It has been awhile so I can't remember if it was good or not. But I remember the sucky waitress and coldness. Wasn't impressed. But love the one here in AZ. THe Mojo bones are great and the sampler platter is enough to feed 4 adults. We shared it and loved it. We all love the atmosphere.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Rain Forest cafe

            Originally posted by lou_mom View Post
            We have one here in AZ. It is in Pheonix and we love it there. The service was great and the food was plentiful. We went to the one in DTD and I wasn't impressed. They seated us outside and it was freezing. The so call heaters they had sucked. The food got real cold real fast. It has been awhile so I can't remember if it was good or not. But I remember the sucky waitress and coldness. Wasn't impressed. But love the one here in AZ. THe Mojo bones are great and the sampler platter is enough to feed 4 adults. We shared it and loved it. We all love the atmosphere.
            Are you speaking of the one at the AZ Mills Mall at Tempe? I ask because my kids and I have been wanting to take a little trip out there to the mall and to eat at the Rainforest Cafe and I was disappointed after reading the OP's review of it but hopeful when I read yours.
            T T F N . . .

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Rain Forest cafe

              I think your mileage can vary at Rainforest Cafe. I haven't been in a while, but I never really had a problem. Their breakfast sliders are pretty good, and it's kinda fun inside. My only complaints are that the AAs can be kind of loud. I *LOVE* AA's, so if I can complain about them, you know - there's something to complain about. It can also maybe be a little creepy. I remember being close to a huge gorilla AA that kind of made me uncomfortable, haha.

              The food can vary but I don't remember ever having anything bad. Then again, I'll warn you that I enjoy most of the food at Disneyland. I don't like the pizza at Pizza Port, but almost everything else tastes really good to me.

              Oh, and I don't remember ever having to seat myself. But usually I was following a line of like 7 people, so maybe I just didn't notice.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Rain Forest cafe

                If I didn't know any better I would have thought Startours1 just wrote my last review of the place. Horrible food, horrible service, horrible prices. Tough chewy steaks, bare ribs, Cheeseburger with OPTIONAL fries, salad as soggy as day old cereal, the worst watered down drinks ever served in flashing cups...I used to really enjoy this place and made it my first stop when staying at the DLH. I have found plastic pieces in my food. A porition of plastic paper stuck to my fries and was even asked if I would pick up my plates to let them move my table closer to another table to make room for a larger party...

                Save your money STAY AWAY! Sometimes it takes a business to shut down from lack of customers before they listen.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Rain Forest cafe

                  noisy and overpriced, everytime Rainforest comes up as a thread I jump in and say its a waste of hard earned money.
                  sigpicI reject your reality and substitute my own

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Rain Forest cafe

                    Originally posted by tomrules1955 View Post
                    noisy and overpriced, everytime Rainforest comes up as a thread I jump in and say its a waste of hard earned money.
                    I will give you the noisy part. I really hate the thunder storm and all the moving animals. Then to make it owrse everytime the storm goes off little kids start crying to add to the mayhem....yeah, that part I do nto like.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Rain Forest cafe

                      Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                      I will give you the noisy part. I really hate the thunder storm and all the moving animals. Then to make it owrse everytime the storm goes off little kids start crying to add to the mayhem....yeah, that part I do nto like.
                      yeah parents think it'll be cool thing for the kids until the crying starts then it just adds to the misery of everyone that's in ear shot.
                      sigpicI reject your reality and substitute my own

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Rain Forest cafe

                        With Rainforest Cafe you're paying more for the atmosphere than you are for the food. It's just "okay" food. Certainly not the best, but it could also be worse. The service has been decent when we've gone. And the volcano cake with the sparkler thingy is actually delicious. I enjoy their alcoholic beverages. Now that being said, there are much better restaurants to spend your money at.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Rain Forest cafe

                          Originally posted by lou_mom View Post
                          We have one here in AZ. It is in Pheonix and we love it there. The service was great and the food was plentiful. We went to the one in DTD and I wasn't impressed. They seated us outside and it was freezing. The so call heaters they had sucked. The food got real cold real fast. It has been awhile so I can't remember if it was good or not. But I remember the sucky waitress and coldness. Wasn't impressed. But love the one here in AZ. THe Mojo bones are great and the sampler platter is enough to feed 4 adults. We shared it and loved it. We all love the atmosphere.
                          yes, it is the one at the AZ mills mall. We love it there. Don't let this one at DTD review get you down. The one at the mall is so much better. Worth the trip.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Rain Forest cafe

                            Originally posted by jupitertronic View Post
                            I think your mileage can vary at Rainforest Cafe. I haven't been in a while, but I never really had a problem. Their breakfast sliders are pretty good, and it's kinda fun inside. My only complaints are that the AAs can be kind of loud. I *LOVE* AA's, so if I can complain about them, you know - there's something to complain about. It can also maybe be a little creepy. I remember being close to a huge gorilla AA that kind of made me uncomfortable, haha.

                            The food can vary but I don't remember ever having anything bad. Then again, I'll warn you that I enjoy most of the food at Disneyland. I don't like the pizza at Pizza Port, but almost everything else tastes really good to me.

                            Oh, and I don't remember ever having to seat myself. But usually I was following a line of like 7 people, so maybe I just didn't notice.
                            I agree.I like DLR food myself except for Redd Rocketts Pizza Port.Yuck.I used to get decent pizza at Village Haus in FL but I know wonder if that is the same pizza like Redd Rockets.Anyway I am going on a solo trip to DL first week of November and was thinking of eating at the Rainforest Cafe just for the AA,thunder,lightning,and such effects.What do you think?Is it worth it for food?Or should I just go for a couple of drinks instead?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Rain Forest cafe

                              Originally posted by tomrules1955 View Post
                              noisy and overpriced, everytime Rainforest comes up as a thread I jump in and say its a waste of hard earned money.
                              I just went yesterday for dinner. I didn't like all the noise from the animals either. When I'm eating I want the environment around me to be quiet or at least have some nice music. The dinner was alright I had the Blue Mountain Chicken Sandwitch. Also it was so cold when I was waiting for my food. It seems that Rain Forest Cafe wants you to buy jackets when you go to the shop to keep warm. Next time I go to Rain Forest I'm eating outside.
                              "You are watching FOX"

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X