X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Thunder BBQ Yay or Nay?

Originally posted by kburford View Post
    first, i've eaten there i think 3 times with my boyfriend. the food is good...not great. but we like it so we splurge sometimes and make it our one meal of the day by having it mid afternoon as our lunch/dinner. (and you can ask for a box and pack up what's left and eat it later) i love the beans and coleslaw, the cornbread and ribs are yummy, and i do not like the chicken...like someone else said - it's not barbequed, so it has a rubbery texture IMO. at dinner you get sausage and corn in addition. the sausage is really great.

i think someone asked on the first pg...you pay after the meal now since everything is not included in the price (pay extra for drinks and dessert).

and i have a question...
    i know there are vegetarian options...are they veggie skewers or what? i forget. aaand if we asked for them in addition to the meat options do you think they would give it to us? say like substitute the chicken with the veggies but still get the ribs???? maybe thats wrong since i'm not a vegetarian...but i like bbq veggies!
    So, one of you ask for the vegetarian skewers. Then ask for more if you want. The vegetarian skewers have mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, tofu, squash, and red potatoes, and they are very tasty (I often eat there with a friend who orders them, and we do share a bit). Just ask for what you want - and don't be surprised, you'll get it with a smile.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Jim View Post
      So, one of you ask for the vegetarian skewers. Then ask for more if you want. The vegetarian skewers have mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, tofu, squash, and red potatoes, and they are very tasty (I often eat there with a friend who orders them, and we do share a bit). Just ask for what you want - and don't be surprised, you'll get it with a smile.

yum, thanks!!

flower gleam & glow...

Comment

It's overpriced, but what restaurant at the resort isn't?

Overall the food is very tasty, especially the ribs and cole slaw, and the entertainment is great.

I highly recommend it.

Comment

Does anyone know the prices?? Children's prices?? Adult???? Is lunch the same price as Dinner?? Are they both all you can eat?? Spending Christmas day at DL. Any idea how busy DL will be???

Comment

Adults are $19.99 for lunch, $24.99 for dinner (starts at 4 pm), drinks are a separate charge of $2.99, but it is also all you can drink.

Children 3-9 are $9.99 for lunch or dinner, and their drinks are included.

Under 3 are free.

Comment

Originally posted by Yzma's_Apprentice View Post
              I was impressed, but only because of the low quality of food throughout the rest of the park. The items served were eatable, but certainly nothing that would win a contest. The chicken and ribs are NOT BBQed they are baked with BBQ sauce on them... that matters when you clam to be a BBQ place...
              That was my biggest beef with the place, nothing was BBQ'd or even grilled but just smothered with BBQ sauce. Like my dad used to tell me - if you go to a bbq joint and there isn't smoke billowing out of it, it ain't no good.

You want real BBQ near the resort, I'm 10 miles away and will feed your family real BBQ for way less than $25 per person

Comment

Working...
              X