This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Disneyland Trip In May

Hello, I just found this website and I am so hoping I will be able to get some advice. I am currently planning a trip to DL in May with my mother (71) and my 2 year old daughter. We are looking at staying at either the Disneyland Hotel or the Grand Californian. My main question is about the walking distance from either of the hotels. I want to stay close enough to give both my daughter and my mother a mid-day break where we can just relax for an hour or so before heading back into the parks. I know that the monorail is near the Disneyland Hotel but can anyone give me a good indication as to just how far it might be from the monorail station to where the rooms are? Would you say that the walking distance between the DHotel to the monorail is about the same from GrandCa to the park gates?

Also, is there anyplace that will tell me about future deal that might take place for the month of May? When I started looking at booking this vacation, Alaska Airlines was offering children fly free but travel had to be made well before we can go. Do deals like that take place? What about discount room rates? Will we find that there are specials for travel in the month of May?

Thanks so much for your help on my questions.

Re: Disneyland Trip In May

Well, first of all, May will likely rival for one of the busiest month's of the year. The Pirates of the Caribbean Premiere, Star Tours 2.0 opening, The Little Mermaid debuting, a new parade...it will likely draw -massive- crowds.

That said, the Disneyland Hotel is wonderful proximity, if you get either the Magic Tower or the Dreams tower. In my opinion, the Wonder Tower was the longest to walk from. I found myself dragging just to get to my room at the end of the day. The Grand Californian I can't say much about, other than the fact that it's smack dab in the middle of Downtown Disney, so I assume it's a close proximity as well, though I'm not sure it's AS close as the Disneyland Hotel.

Hope this helps!

Comment

>>Well, first of all, May will likely rival for one of the busiest month's of the year. The Pirates of the Caribbean Premiere, Star Tours 2.0 opening, The Little Mermaid debuting, a new parade...it will likely draw -massive- crowds.>>

Okay, with that said I think I'm going to adjust just when we plan our trip. I had no idea so much was going to be re-opening in the month of May. I had read that a lot of rehab was going on but didn't look into re-opening dates. I'm thinking about the middle part of September. Is that a good time since everyone is back at school yet the holidays have not started?

Thank you for the info on the hotel. I just found out that there is some rehab taking place at the Disneyland Hotel. Have any ideas when that may be finished?

Comment

Mid September is a great time! The park hours are shorter, but like you said...school is back in session and its now about the only true off season in the park. Plus, the weather that time of year is very mild. Just give yourself at least 3 days, and you should be able to see everything at a pace that your daughter and mother can keep up with! That will give you time to be able to take a couple of breaks, go back to the motel for some rest and still see everything!

Welcome to MiceChat!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Perfect!!! I went in the second week of September this past year and the crowds were wonderful. Wait times were minimal, even on weekends. Fantasmic, World of Color and the fireworks showed which was great. Haunted Mansion was closed which was a bummer, but if you time it right you can get the opening week of "Halloween Time" which shouldn't be too busy.

Comment

GCH is closer to esplande than Disneyland Hotel and has its own entrance into CA. I would say for me, a fast walker, DL Hotel is 5-7 minutes further to the esplanade than the GCH, starting from either lobby.
            They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

I have stayed at both and I perfer the Grand Californian by far. I like having my own entrance to DCA. The Disneyland hotel can be a 15 minute walk, and can feel a bit longer at the end of the day.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X