This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for travel between LAX and LA

Hi there I just need some advice our holiday is 3 weeks away and we are just trying to organize how to get from the airport to our hotel. We are staying in LA for a few days before we go to Disneyland ( hooray) . Any ideas would be great as we didn't go through a travel agent just booked ourself on the Internet! We are hiring a car but not for the first few days.
    Thanks

Re: Advice for travel between LAX and LA

what hotel are you staying at?
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Originally posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Comment

I would rent a car, esp if you are going to places outside of Disneyland.
      Good morning, son
      In twenty years from now
      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
      And I can tell you 'bout today
      And how I picked you up and everything changed
      It was pain
      Sunny days and rain
      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express near the Hollywood walk if fame. Just don't want to rent a car on the first couple of days. Just want time to get over jet lag and get used to a different country first. Hiring a car after the first couple if days.

Comment

Might as well hire a car for that, too.
          Most limosine companies have a special airport rate.

Comment

By hiring, you mean renting a car, yes?

Here are your basic options:

1. Rent a car at the airport and drive there yourself.
            2. Take a taxi or a limo from LAX to Hollywood
            3. Take the Red Line metro trains. To get to the Red Line you'll need to:
            a. Take the Metro Shuttle to the Green Line aviation stop, then take the Blue Line to the Red Line, or
            b. Take the Flyaway shuttle from LAX to Union Station, then catch the Red Line into Hollywood
            Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
            The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

Oh, those Aussies and their "english"!

Comment

Thank you steamboatpete. Your advice has been very helpful. We are going to use the fly away shuttle and maybe grab a cab from Union station.
                I now understand that I rent a car in America not hire one. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tink77 View Post
                  Thank you steamboatpete. Your advice has been very helpful. We are going to use the fly away shuttle and maybe grab a cab from Union station.
                  I now understand that I rent a car in America not hire one. Thanks
                  It doesn't make sense to us to hire a car, unless you are going to sit down with the car and verbally interview it on how it would best suit your needs. Which in both of our cultures would be very strange to say the least.

You might also want to take the flyaway to Pershing Square in downtown LA and take the red line subway to Hollywood. It let's you off right near Hollywood and Highland, so that might be an alternative.

Comment

I don't think the Flyaway Shuttle stops at Pershing Square. I think you have to take it straight through to Union Station, which is only a mile or two away.

LAX FlyAway Bus

By the way, from Hollywood, getting to Disneyland isn't that hard on public transportation. You can take the Red Line to Union Station, then take a Metrolink or Amtrak south to Anaheim, which drops you off at Anaheim Stadium - Disneyland is a very short cab ride from there.
                    Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
                    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

AMTRAK might be a better option, since Anaheim is "the opposite way" according to Metrolink.

AMTRAK will have more trains in the morning, and later trains in the evening. $10 or so each way.

Depending on number of passengers this can get a lot more expensive than driving a rented car.

For saving money, renting a car away from the airport saves a good $50 or so.

Not sure if you're into saving money (at least as much as I am), given the distance you're flying.

Comment

Originally posted by tink77 View Post
                        We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express near the Hollywood walk if fame. Just don't want to rent a car on the first couple of days. Just want time to get over jet lag and get used to a different country first. Hiring a car after the first couple if days.
                        I hope you realize that Hollywood isn't... well the "best" place to stay. (Okay to visit).

I do recommend seeing a movie at the El Capitan, which is run by Disney (Hollywood and Highland).

I apologize in advance as that part of Hollywood is not a true representation of America or Los Angeles. We don't call it "Hollyweird" for anything.

Comment

Hey, everyone gets to learn the hard way.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X